Holland | City Equipment

Credits
I was just wondering if other terminals assign city equipment? Our TM claims Corporate will not allow him too. Sounds like crap to me. What do other barns do? How about bid city runs? We have a pick and pass where you are somewhere different every day. Any insight would be helpfull:nutkick:

I have an assigned tractor(I am in Indy). Right now it is in Cleveland. They sent it out and it got to clev and they tore the clutch out of it and it has been gone for 3 weeks now. So I guess you really can't call that an assigned tractor. A smaller barn may have different rules on that kind of thing. We have some bid areas in indy and larger outlying towns have bids for them.

We have assigned city units at Erie PA. They decommissioned most of the single axles, we have three left, and the guy that drives the oldest has some seniority and doesn’t want to get rid of it. The other two are old Dugan trucks. There is also about a dozen other trucks assigned in the city. All the roadmen have assigned units. We used to have a lot more city units than we do now. As far as city bids, we bid start times. Meaning you can bid a different area each day kind of nice it breaks up the monotony.