ODFL | city od

driver4a1

TB Lurker
Credits
was wondering about getting hired at greensboro nc for city, i know its slow and need to wait a few months. but how long does it take to get to top pay and what is top pay for city. i did here from one driver that health benefits cost an arm and a leg. but didnt ask him other, while he was complaining. do city drivers work the dock?

more up north

I think it is 2 years to top out.The also pay better up north .It is over $20 an hour at least.Some termanals drivers work dock.We have dock workers and combo drivers at my place,so we don't work the dock.The ins. is high.It's a freight job just like the rest,something better,somethings worse!

i thought it was the same hourly pay all over but yeah 21.70 is the top rate for city. i pay 15 dollars a week for health and dental and that is the premium health plan which is goin away next year,will see what happends with that. no i dont work the dock and the only drivers at my terminal that do only do it to get extra money cause they dont wanna run line haul on the weekends, thats how i get my extra cash. no ot till after 60 which they wont let me get i hear other drivers say they had it when its busy.

pay scale

We have 3 or 4 guys that have been here for over 17 years that make over $21.00,but everyone else makes $20.20.We will never top out wiyh them because we get the same raise as they do every year.If you have a family ins.is alot higher.

We have 3 or 4 guys that have been here for over 17 years that make over $21.00,but everyone else makes $20.20.We will never top out wiyh them because we get the same raise as they do every year.If you have a family ins.is alot higher.

thats strange cause at my terminal after 2 years i will make the same as the guys who been there 17 years

That is the way it is now.After 2 years the new guys catch me (over 12 years).but they are guys I can't catch.I am not sure exactly how long they have been there but it is over 17 years.It has been taken to corp.they said these guys was here in the late 80's ,OD was struggling,they did not get a raise for a couple of years and stuck with OD so thay done this to thank them.I thought like you do untill I got to checking.

Pay!

i am new here!!

we have 2 drivers like that here in hickory nc who make more then the rest of us!! 1 has been there 27 years and the other one 25 years me on presonal level it does not bother me because look at the time they put in for

company!!:smilie_132: KEVIN