Estes | class action lawsuit

I think former GI drivers should be grateful Estes gives them a penny more per mile and $2 more on hooks. They don't need to pay any one of us nothing for hooks or overtime after any amount of hours. The only thing the after 55 gave us was more employees and less hours, expecially during the winter. ya all are caught up in this thing called working rights for the working man. Nobody gives a flying **** about any right or what a non educated dumb @55 truck driver thinks he's entitled to. This is a rich persons country and none of us are a rich man, mostly because of laziness or too scared to take a chance. The rest are just happy to make a living enjoying the stress free part of living. I'm amazed by the number of employees that actually think the company owes them something after they begged them for a job. If GI was still in buisness they would have probably lost a lot more after 2008 than Rob took from them

Oh sh-t.:moon2: Rob you are not allowed on this site posing as a drive. You gave your self away with this last post. A rich persons country. :mf_swordfight:And you don't believe in workers rights???????? What the **** . I am glad you dont need worker rights. With all your money. and if this is not rob. you must have a great pair a nee-pads.:butt kiss:

I think former GI drivers should be grateful Estes gives them a penny more per mile and $2 more on hooks. They don't need to pay any one of us nothing for hooks or overtime after any amount of hours. The only thing the after 55 gave us was more employees and less hours, expecially during the winter. ya all are caught up in this thing called working rights for the working man. Nobody gives a flying **** about any right or what a non educated dumb @55 truck driver thinks he's entitled to. This is a rich persons country and none of us are a rich man, mostly because of laziness or too scared to take a chance. The rest are just happy to make a living enjoying the stress free part of living. I'm amazed by the number of employees that actually think the company owes them something after they begged them for a job. If GI was still in buisness they would have probably lost a lot more after 2008 than Rob took from them

:notworthy: Well said my friend.:1sm364jumpbed:

It's like I said in the past. And I'll say it again. There is always a reaction for every action. I told them to their face at that meeting in Pomona, when Jr. Johnson arrogantly stated, and I quote. " Boys we now own G.I. Trucking Co. We own all of G.I. Trucking Company. And if you don't like what we have to say to yall today, you are free to leave and go down the street to Fed-Ex." And I replied, "We will not let you tear us down, and strip us of everything we have earned over the years without a fight." And that is exactly what proud G.I. drivers and proud former G.I. drivers are still doing today. End of story. TE out....

I know I am normally long winded with my responses. But this doesn't take a lot of thought or effort. Everything you just typed was incorrect. Try again later when you're feeling more creative. TE out...

Whatever you say sweetie :butt kiss:

I like it when you show your passive side. All butt smooching aside, you would think that Rob would catch a clue when it comes to dealing with California. I was on my way to Fresno last night and I ran into one of my former G.I. brothers. He was informing me of another legal problem that Rob may have to deal with in the near future. Seems that a line driver was in Fresno for hours and he was not assigned any work duties. Evidently he was told to sit and wait for his load off the clock. He slid his Kronos card anyway, so that he would get paid for his time. He was terminated for this decision. Steeling time! Can you believe that? I can't. I can't believe a company as large as Estes could be this ignorant. Are they not aware of state labor laws that govern their operations? This happened some time ago. I know there was talk of a class action back then, but I thought the guy moved on and licked his wounds. But evidently he has reconsidered. To be fare to master Rob, I have to give this disclaimer. I don't know if any of this is factual.Just passing on second hand information. Or do I? :D TE out.....

And another thing I would like to address. One of my former, favorite, terminal managers thinks that it is permissable to show an intimidating presence while his employees are being interrogated by paralegals. I suggest you reconsider this pathetic tactic. TE out...

I like it when you show your passive side. All butt smooching aside, you would think that Rob would catch a clue when it comes to dealing with California. I was on my way to Fresno last night and I ran into one of my former G.I. brothers. He was informing me of another legal problem that Rob may have to deal with in the near future. Seems that a line driver was in Fresno for hours and he was not assigned any work duties. Evidently he was told to sit and wait for his load off the clock. He slid his Kronos card anyway, so that he would get paid for his time. He was terminated for this decision. Steeling time! Can you believe that? I can't. I can't believe a company as large as Estes could be this ignorant. Are they not aware of state labor laws that govern their operations? This happened some time ago. I know there was talk of a class action back then, but I thought the guy moved on and licked his wounds. But evidently he has reconsidered. To be fare to master Rob, I have to give this disclaimer. I don't know if any of this is factual.Just passing on second hand information. Or do I? :D TE out.....
They are real strict on stealing time. That's what they call it anyhow. I can see them firing him for punching in on the clock after they told him not to. At our barn our drivers have a scheduled time to clock in everyday. If they show up an hour early, they still don't clock in until it's time. If the load is not ready and its time to clock in, they are told to clock in and wait. I don't know the whole story about the Cali deal but if he arrived an hour early and clocked in anyhow, they don't hesitate to send you down the road. If it was 9am and that's the time he was scheduled to work, that's another story. ... Since the handheld devices, Estes became real penny pinchers on the houly employees and the dispatchers get the heat when a driver has wasted too much time. This company pampers the linehaul drivers and linehaulers know better not to collect any kind of compensation for the hours waiting on the bench, any time, any where. If they clock in, they may as well clean out their trucks and turn in all of their ::shit::. They may be entiled to unemployment benies but I doubt they will see any.

Hey T.E. Is it who I think it is????? And how have you been? Haven't talked to you for a while. Hope all is well at your end. Give me a call next week. If i am awake my phone is on . When I am asleep it's off. Doing the portland run now. Call R.S. lately? the delay pay we are getting is huge.:LMAO: I'm laughing all the way to the bank.

And another thing I would like to address. One of my former, favorite, terminal managers thinks that it is permissable to show an intimidating presence while his employees are being interrogated by paralegals. I suggest you reconsider this pathetic tactic. TE out...

mildew said:
It's just common practice we use to communicate with former G.I. drivers since they tend to get their feelings hurt so easily.
Sticks and stones aw you no the rest. Credit for a decent comeback but I am not going to take it lying down (now don't go getting all excited by my choice of words). You have awoken the wizard of wit, the king of all comebacks, the master of mudslinging, the sultan of slander, hell you get the picture. Lighten up man you take this way to seriously it s just a job.

Why do we have to find another job? How about the company catch up to the rest of industry and pay us for other job functions that we aren't getting paid for " sitting on a bench for 5 hrs, pay us 15 minutes for fueling.etc..." times change pal and maybe your way of thinking should be on that band wagon. Just say'n...

Expect changes...Just sayin'...We may not be happy about them either...But, they ask for them..The South and the East may invading the West,before too long...
Yea, all that whining, crying, union talk just puts a feller on the streets in this buisness. They are fixin to show us what kind of rights we have and what having big balls will do for ya

Yea, all that whining, crying, union talk just puts a feller on the streets in this buisness. They are fixin to show us what kind of rights we have and what having big balls will do for ya
History proves you correct Mildew. Was just talking to an old timer from Pulaski last week and he told me what a few people with "big balls" did there. I came away from that discussion with two things. You're playing at their table by their rules and management does NOT mess around. Period.