TForce | classification seniority

we do not have to have 1 list we can have 2 lists and go by the contract in article 5 by company seniority just file a grievance and if you don't win go to the NLRB they will win it for you the contract is clear on this; overnite ways are gone it is time to stand up and go by the contract don't take any deals and don't give any deals ;GO BY THE CONTRACT

623 days and counting madman..well tomorrow will be the 623 rd day since I filed on it.......wheels of change move slow..supposedly its in an arbitrator hands...

i was told by both my s.s and the b.a that this was a new england supplment and that it will not be change!! The only way I see this getting back to the way it is in the contract is when we get a new one, but I bet by then it will be to late.

i was told by both my s.s and the b.a that this was a new england supplment and that it will not be change!! The only way I see this getting back to the way it is in the contract is when we get a new one, but I bet by then it will be to late.

I remember when we had a meeting regarding one list or two lists and the votes that took place. I also remember all of the other terminals that had their meetings and votes regarding one list. This all took place before we even had a contract. It was in the very beginning stages of organizing. This subject was completely explained to the members that showed up at the meetings that it would be negotiated with UPS and would become a supplement to the contract and would supersede any language in the contract regarding classification lists. Its strange how some of us new exactly what was going on at all of the New England terminals, yet some did not even know what was going on at their own terminals.

Article 41 has not been carried out, so how can u have a supplement? We can't have supplements in the South beacuse a Joint Commitee was never formed. So how is New England getting away with this. I personaly feel that UPS and the IBT have committed fraud by drafting a contract, in which we pay dues to be represented under, that can't be enforced because it contradicts itself.

Lurker, I'm simply astonished that you would imply that UPS and OUR UNION would be in some kind of conspiracy. I'm shocked, absolutely shocked that you would even think something like that. Apparently you don't read "Over The Road" or The TeamsterMagazine that comes every so often. If you did you would know that both the company and The Brotherhood are really concerned about our welfare and well being. Neither side has nothing but our best interest at heart. Shocked , Simply Shocked.

Lurker, I'm simply astonished that you would imply that UPS and OUR UNION would be in some kind of conspiracy. I'm shocked, absolutely shocked that you would even think something like that. Apparently you don't read "Over The Road" or The TeamsterMagazine that comes every so often. If you did you would know that both the company and The Brotherhood are really concerned about our welfare and well being. Neither side has nothing but our best interest at heart. Shocked , Simply Shocked.

They really are concerned about our best interest. That is why they use all them contract carriers. They don't want to over work us. lol!

Article 41 has not been carried out, so how can u have a supplement? We can't have supplements in the South beacuse a Joint Commitee was never formed. So how is New England getting away with this. I personaly feel that UPS and the IBT have committed fraud by drafting a contract, in which we pay dues to be represented under, that can't be enforced because it contradicts itself.

Just one of the benefits of being one of the first area's to organize in this company.:biglaugh:

It's all real simple!! We were sold out to the union when UPS bought out Overnite and no one got together and worked on a single contract. Thats why there are so many different thing going on and no region is the same. I for one am in favor of a oneline board due to the fact that we are a small end of the line terminal that has 15 year guys sitting home and 2 year guys working 45 to 50 hours a week. If the oppurtunity was there to bid into another classifiaction, then this wouldnt be an issue because you run out your bid, then at the bid time, if you so choose, you can bid out. That way no one would be able to make excuses, ou got what you wanted. What kind of benefit is there to any seniority if you do not have the chance to bid the job you have earned to choose thru the years of service that you have put in. A guy working 25 years doesnt want to deal with the BS of the city anymore and would like to finish out his career on the road cant and may then become railroadded by the company for lack of production. You tell me whats fair and how are great union stands up for its represented members that we pay for!!!