FedEx Freight | Cleveland road

Brennan Huff

TB Lurker
Credits
Any one have any info on Cleveland road positions? Are there day runs, mid day runs? Would I have to start on nights, work the dock? I'm a city driver at a nearby terminal maybe looking to transfer, if a day run would be in the future

Day run??? :lmao:

Yea, good luck with that :couch:

ok, assuming you transferred to a center that even had day runs, your probably looking at an average 10 year wait, but of course thats entirely subjective

Any one have any info on Cleveland road positions? Are there day runs, mid day runs? Would I have to start on nights, work the dock? I'm a city driver at a nearby terminal maybe looking to transfer, if a day run would be in the future
Not to crush your dreams, but daytime road runs are probably the most coveted driver position at FedEx. Like Ice said, good luck getting one without waiting for years to climb the seniority list.

You would have to start nights, and most drivers have to work the dock.

Not to crush your dreams, but daytime road runs are probably the most coveted driver position at FedEx. Like Ice said, good luck getting one without waiting for years to climb the seniority list.

You would have to start nights, and most drivers have to work the dock.

These wannabe daytime drivers make me feel dumb as a brick, being at top of the board for years, and I would always bid
a midnight run. " here's your sign"

Only took RC and crew 19 years to get a day run.
After 26 years still next to the bottom on days. Not an EOL terminal, either.
All my time was linehaul at the same terminal.

To me it looks like if you want any kind of decent road run you have to find one that’s out in the middle of friggin nowhere with no large centers anywhere around. The kind of place that you need a travel trailer to live in or build your own house, unless your young and want to wait forever.

If you slot in at the bottom of the road board in Cleveland, expect to be on the Youngstown, or Toledo runs, you might get lucky and get Columbus or Dayton, all with short miles and dock work. Considering that Cleveland is not a hub, Highly doubtful that they even have any day runs.

Loucifer is correct. No day runs. All night runs. Bottom guys go to YNG, short run (under 40 miles, I think?) and lots of dock time. Good thing in CLE is outbound is heavy, one of the heaviest outbound centers in the country, so having work usually isn't a problem.

Loucifer is correct. No day runs. All night runs. Bottom guys go to YNG, short run (under 40 miles, I think?) and lots of dock time. Good thing in CLE is outbound is heavy, one of the heaviest outbound centers in the country, so having work usually isn't a problem.
I