FedEx Freight | Close call !

SMOKESTACK

Survival my only hope , success my only option.
Administrator
Credits
I had a close call the other day.

Sitting at a big intersection with all the arrows ect...

I'm at a red light watching everything in the intersection
waiting my turn and the light goes green , my truck does
the 1min or less shutdown. I look in the mirror as I'm in a
panic restarting the S.O.B. and I see a large Tahoe barrling
up my A S S , thinking that the driver is looking at the green
light we have and wondering why this FXF truck is sitting
there I hear screeeeechhhhh.... The guy came inches of
smashing into the trailer , he had to have poop in his pants.
Well I get through on the yellow and he runs the red to
catch up to me to give me the finger and scream out a nice
long string of profanity in a major case of road rage. So I get
shot by the guy as this does happen in the city that we live
in for less. How does the company handle this ? Once again
I wish the white shirt ::shit:: head that thought this up was with
me today. The company really needs to rethink this serious
safety issue before there is a terrible accident .

Has anyone else had any close calls or am I stupid for watching
the intersection and traffic like a good driver would . Maybe now
I just have to look at my dash and screw watching what I'm
supposed to. D.O.T. really needs to look into this , hello D.O.T.
where are you when we need you ........

did you follow the smith system driver, you know they will blame any accident on the driver, because it is not about you, it is about the customer, well any way glad your safe and you will always be number 1 in my book, smoke for pres.

I made no mistakes , the only mistake is the disregard of safety on behalf of Fed Ex Freight.

Thanks for your support junglejim .

:USA: SMOKESTACK FOR PRESIDENT 2008 :USA:

I made no mistakes , the only mistake is the disregard of safety on behalf of Fed Ex Freight.

The dumb asses in HRO need to rethink the 1 min shut down cause they are going to get someone killed.I run road,but I have sat at intersections and had truck shut down,when light turns green truck dies,how in theF--k is this safe. SMOKE glad you are ok.:cuss:

Okay.......

GLad your okay my friend,I'd sure make a call to somebody in safty and notate it on paper so if it does happen(God Forbid) you've got something on paper to tell the right authorities.:1036316054:

They will not change after they make a decision, T T, that's his initials, in Arkansas is a prime example. No matter what you have to say to them about routing, forget it, you don't know squat! They know more than you no matter what!

Too many incidents to talk about

Smokestack,

Not only are we experiencing "road ragers" because of the
1 minute idle time. Trying to clear an intersection when
the 1 minute idle shuts down.
Everyone is wondering why the Fed Ex guy can't get out
of the way for emergency equipment.

Not being able to move is a safety issue. Now we have
angry road ragers to deal with.

Also our mechanics are telling us that we are now having
starter and battery issues as well by the droves.
Nice idea Bozo!

ideaclown.jpg

The dumb asses in HRO need to rethink the 1 min shut down cause they are going to get someone killed.I run road,but I have sat at intersections and had truck shut down,when light turns green truck dies,how in theF--k is this safe. SMOKE glad you are ok.:cuss:

When We/I leave Boise, ID with 3, there is a "short" green turn light. I can get the tractor thru, but when I am turning, light has changed to yellow. Trailers 2 and 3 are going through a red. Truck died just as the light turned green last Thursday. Guess how many made it through on green that time? I swear if you look in the dictionary under insanity, it will have the one minute idle time as an example.:chairshot:

Harrison people I know you are reading this and it needs to be addressed immediately contrary to you people believing that we drivers are just a bunch of dumb a$$es and don't know ::shit:: here on truckingboards. Can't muster up a response because it is not your life or job at stake is it ? This is no joking matter .

Harrison people I know you are reading this and it needs to be addressed immediately contrary to you people believing that we drivers are just a bunch of dumb a$$es and don't know ::shit:: here on truckingboards. Can't muster up a response because it is not your life or job at stake is it ? This is no joking matter .

I think that you're overreacting a bit.

For one of the top companies in the business, who demand only the best and brightest drivers, and should be employing only the best and brightest at the top, they sure did drop the ball on this one, seems there are several burned out bulbs that slipped through the cracks. Smokestack, I'm glad your ok, it doesn't take much these days to irritate folks to the point of doing something stupid, just the presence of a truck is enough to put some people over the top, hopefully it doesn't take a driver getting shot to get the top brass to realize the 1 minute idle is a bad idea, I feel for all you guys having to deal with this, I hope they correct it soon b-4 someone gets hurt.

The suits are claiming there is a fuel savings with the one minute idle. The truth is , if there really is a measureable fuel savings, it is disabling the override that is saving fuel. They should have disabled the override but raised the idle to at least four minutes. What we have now is insane.

I heard a rumor that it was either the 1 min shut down or turn the trucks mph down.don't know this to be true.

The one minute shutdown isnt even a one minute, its more like 25 seconds. I have had a problem with this myself since this started. Its kinda like GT said, if you're in the truck, you're screwed from the getgo. Smoke, I feel your pain on this issue.

Smoke, glad to hear your ok. Once again harrison proves" PROFIT BEFORE PEOPLE". Why don't you call that ask lying larry hot line and see if you get a respone. Its only a matter of time before someone gets hurt or worse. :hide:

from the sound of things i`m one of only a few that think that this shutdown thing is not a big deal. we all know that the truck will shut off after one min. right? so hold the trailer break and tap the accelerator pedal....or just pull your foot off the break of a millisecond and push down again this will also help keep it running...now stop complaining and work with me kid. I`ll wait for the taking the foot off the break comments. we all know where that is gonna go......

from the sound of things i`m one of only a few that think that this shutdown thing is not a big deal. we all know that the truck will shut off after one min. right? so hold the trailer break and tap the accelerator pedal....or just pull your foot off the break of a millisecond and push down again this will also help keep it running...now stop complaining and work with me kid. I`ll wait for the taking the foot off the break comments. we all know where that is gonna go......

Actually, with the PFG trucks, I will put her in gear and release the brakes, hold my foot on the foot brake, as far as I know I can do my paperwork in airconditioned comfort and the truck thinks its moving and it doesn't show me idleing, when the truck is about to shut down, I hear beep beep, I just let out on the clutch just enough to engage a little and it gives me another 3 or 4 min., whatever we get. I can see where your coming from when you said what you said, the one min. idle is just to much though, I can guarantee my truck would die, I have to many things going on in my noodle to remember to engage the clutch or tap the foot gas every minute, now every 3 or 4, I can deal with, gives my pea brain time to process the wealth of info streaming through it...savy...LOL:hysterical: