SAIA | close to joining saia team

First tip is to remember that phone calls to central are recorded. So keep your attitude and anger in check. Always take the high road. Avoid making suggestions. Systems guys are like a double edge sword...you make food money, but are generally gone further away for longer periods of time.

First tip is to remember that phone calls to central are recorded. So keep your attitude and anger in check. Always take the high road. Avoid making suggestions. Systems guys are like a double edge sword...you make food money, but are generally gone further away for longer periods of time.

Do they try to get you back home for you restart?

They will try. But again...you are totally at their mercy. Lots of factors go into the decisions. Freight volumes, weather, hot shipments etc

Just got the call I start orientation next Thursday on the 15th. Gone feel kinda strange not reporting to J.B. Hunt after 18yrs but I got to go where the pay and bunnies are better I should have made the move long time ago but I'm excited now.

That's pretty much it......Be ready to go Monday. Saia is a good outfit.......Not on the OD level as far as pay......IE.......Starting pay for city P&D at OD in Dallas is 22.75..........Starting pay at Saia is 19.13 ....6 months..19.87.....12 months..21.11..18 months..22.91....and of course I'm sure after 18 months it will be higher.......Saia tops you out fairly quickly while many others takes years....Not sure about linehaul. Saia also has more of a good ole boy mentality.........And they put safety first........And I like that. All the others are extremely nick-picky like Con-way and OD...Southeastern...just to name a few............It's not always about the money my brother......A pleasant work environment is much more attainable at Saia..........You made a great choice.

Yea I'll be line haul starting pay is .465/mile top a .55/mile TM said he was swamped and i should get plenty of miles doing a lot of out and backs I know it will be good and bad days like everywhere else but i think I will be happy here too. Thnx runawaytrain your info was very helpful.

Yep we fixin to get another raise too rumor is it's gonna be a significant one

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
I heard that was told in the quarterly meeting in Dallas..........Saia is one of the best in the LTL business....Saia has a bright future.

Yea TM said in interview that Saia exceeded it's expectation in financial growth and he needed to add drivers. He said don't quote him on it but the pay could be going up. I just now the future is brighter at Saia than my last job and I'm getting in at a good time. The financial growth was from more customers (freight).