SAIA | close to joining saia team

That's not bad. As long as it's not all week. Sounds like a good place. Good money as well. I think I'll get my hazmat!

There could be times your gone all week. Are system driver has been home every day. He's been testing a new run

But likely home more nights than out? I'm about 60% out and 40% local. Hey moneyman, did y'all run teams at the MB location you were at? Were you union?

Altogether Saia seems like a good place to be. Can I assume 55-60k first year?

Also benefits are usually pretty too notch in that industry right?

I'm at Martin brower and I can offer info on that if anybody is interested. I'd love to be able to help someone else seeing how much help I get on here from you guys!

They use to have teams but they got rid of em before I started. Yep we were union. But they took the pension away. I didn't like the fact I had no life and was working 6 days a week at MB. I always got forced to work on my days off

One thing I like about saia is that we are still growing. At least at are terminal we are. Just like any company they have there issues but overall good company. You should make 55-60k your first year. I probably won't but I only run a 392 mile turn. If I was at top scale I could make almost 60k on it

Yeah that's not bad!

Yeah here I'm getting 22.90 per hour for local and to unload, all on carts, and I get .62 a mile. I only do about 55 hours a week here. Not too bad. I'm on a team run right now actually. Lots of miles, texas is so big!

Well I have a lot to think about.

Backbreaking would be three Starbucks pallets that weigh 3000 lbs. total having to be hand trucked across a parking lot in snow as an inside delivery. Back breaking can be 4000 lbs of Xerox paper that is hand trucked into a building from curbside to the elevator, up to the fourteenth floor, then through offices to the copy room. Or a 300 lb. gun safe up a driveway on a hand truck because its not on a pallet your pallet jack fits in. In five years of city work I did that and more. Go line haul. You have issues with Central and drivers on the road, and weather sucks, but its better pay.

New to this page I have been on a interview in Knoxville for linehaul they said everything looked good sent my application to corp for a quick background check then I'll come in for a road test. How long dose the background check take?

It's Siai here in Knoxville. I have been trying to get on with them for a year now I was excited when I got the call. I herd they have great pay and benefits so I'm really looking forward to it.
Thanks mlang216

Ive been offered a line haul position at Saia in Grand prairie or Dallas. I would like to know if the offer is on the up and up and not just a recruiter blowing smoke up my "you know what". The offer is start at 1 yr pay at .51 cpm, making avg 70K first year. Is this doable? I read other comments of some maybe making 55-60K first year. I need to know cause I'm not willing to take a pay cut if I leave my current company for Saia. also, can anyone tell me the health & dental benefits costs for family?

Ive been offered a line haul position at Saia in Grand prairie or Dallas. I would like to know if the offer is on the up and up and not just a recruiter blowing smoke up my "you know what". The offer is start at 1 yr pay at .51 cpm, making avg 70K first year. Is this doable? I read other comments of some maybe making 55-60K first year. I need to know cause I'm not willing to take a pay cut if I leave my current company for Saia. also, can anyone tell me the health & dental benefits costs for family?

I once talked to a new guy at Saia. He was out of the Grand Prairie location up off 161. He said we was averaging 2700 miles per week. However, he said he was putting in 6-7 days a week to get it some weeks. They had him at .48 and change.

Just read a PM from a Saia guy I talked to months ago. He said getting 2500+ miles per week is hard without volunteering. But his checks are around 1350 average gross. That's about 70k.

It's a great place to work been their for 3 months now and I average 2800 a week Monday threw Friday and if I stay out the 6 th day I'll do 3200 miles health dental eye long term disability and life insurance cost me 250. A month for my wife and I ...
Good luck

It's a great place to work been their for 3 months now and I average 2800 a week Monday threw Friday and if I stay out the 6 th day I'll do 3200 miles health dental eye long term disability and life insurance cost me 250. A month for my wife and I ...
Good luck
Sounds like some good coin.

so you are out for up up six days a week with no home time? Then home for a day or 2 and back out? The insurance for you and wife is $250 a month? What are the deductibles and co-pays? and is the barn friendly? I've got a choice between Saia, ABF and OD so trying to feel things out. Saia recruiter told me insurance was a lot less then that. but you know recruiters. I appreciate the replies. This forum is truly great.

13050 avg... that grosses 64K. The recruiter told me I'd be making 70K+ first year but I am not seeing it from what other new Saia drivers are saying on the boards. bummer