Closing NEwark, NJ terminal

The lease is up in june.The bldg is sold.The bigwigs are talking to the new owner.Also looking for new space.Got that from Dave G at a meeting in J9

The lease is up in june.The bldg is sold.The bigwigs are talking to the new owner.Also looking for new space.Got that from Dave G at a meeting in J9

What about the Watkins terminal just up the street on Delancy ? Thats a prime location for some trucking company.

newark terminal

The watkins terminal is probably to much money for these new cheapskates,they are to busy trying to save a dime while they spend a dollar to do it.

A J9 driver asked.I dont think they were at the point in the search yet.Dave said a firm direction should be known by mid Feb.Meaning
A new lease,new term,working from a drop yard.Personaly,I think we NEED a term in north jersey.No way can J1 handle J9's workload.Plus with a larger term,we can go after more frt.Betcha a lot is being turned away due to space

they are going to have to figure it out fast, while the other carriers are slow we are busy. and Dave G. said we at j1 can not handle that kind of volume

Announced that end of July the lease isn't being renwed because the building is sold.

Short term, we come back to J1. Once the right oppty presents itself, we'll get another place.

Actually, need it to be a little bigger and more west than nwk

Announced that end of July the lease isn't being renwed because the building is sold.

Short term, we come back to J1. Once the right oppty presents itself, we'll get another place.

Actually, need it to be a little bigger and more west than nwk

Not to far west.Keep it inside 287.Hopefully the most important item will be considered,places to eat

I really hate to say it but I do believe some people in this board are drinking the blue cool aide. First of all no one wants to mention the reason Jevic is so busy is the
cold winter. As always these customers will not stay as soon as the temperature warms up. Secondly selling terminals and leasing them back is the most ridiculous thing I have ever herd. Properties is the only stable growing asset a trucking company has. Not renewing a lease on another terminal??? I hope this is not signs of a liquidation!!!

I really hate to say it but I do believe some people in this board are drinking the blue cool aide. First of all no one wants to mention the reason Jevic is so busy is the
cold winter. As always these customers will not stay as soon as the temperature warms up. Secondly selling terminals and leasing them back is the most ridiculous thing I have ever herd. Properties is the only stable growing asset a trucking company has. Not renewing a lease on another terminal??? I hope this is not signs of a liquidation!!!

What's your point? Income is income, whether it comes during 6 months out of the year bustass or dribbles in 12 months out of the year. The fact is, it's income. Jevic has historically seen a rise during cold weather from clients that we don't see a damn thing from during the summer. Again, why is that a problem? It's filling a niche that the other companies are not.

AND the winter hasn't been all that cold. It's been a pretty mild winter with the exception of the last three weeks and a little more if you live in Denver.

As far as property being a stable growing asset, the real estate market has been bursting in a lot of areas. So much for "growing".

A. Income is not income, Revenue or income as you say does not translate to profits.
This freezable business costs more to operate, period. The only saving grace for this type of business is the hope that you will handle this customer the rest of the year as well.
Why do you think every year they threaten to stop picking up the customers that only ship in the cold months?

B. If the real estate market has crashed in the North East why would they pick now to sell the facilities??? This makes absolutely no sense.