Holland | Closing of Terminals

more coming

Are more things coming down the road? The big YRC DHL jet has been setting in Holland at the Tulip City Airport all day and word has it, it will be here the rest of the week and next week.

Murphy, sure hate to here your in the line of fire. I feel that its just the start!!
Thanks for the concern guys.
Personally, I will be OK. We all know that driving jobs are a dime a dozen. They just don’t compare to a NMFA company. To bad there are only a couple left to go to. My concern is with my friends who lost their jobs.
A lot of good men were thrown to the wolves today and I wish them the best.

I was told that YRC is going to evaluate every USF terminal and any of them that operate in the red will close. Hope what’s left can stay afloat. I just don’t think they are quite finished destroying peoples lives. I Hope I’m wrong.

So, how many terminals does Holland have total? I'm assuming the above mentioned terminals have either a Yellow or Roadway terminal nearby that services the same areas??

I believe that we had around 70 terminals prior to this closing. That does not include the terminals in Canada.

And Yes Yellow and Roadway do have terminals in or near these six locations.

40 million left ?

the way i read it ,they have 50 million for there restructering and the 27 they are closing are costing around 10 million. i pray that iam wrong. good luck to all!!

The way i see it this only the start of what is to come.They only used 5 million of the 22million yrcw had for severances.Good luck to you Murphy and everyone who is effected by yrc's big stick.:chairshot::chairshot::chairshot:

Hope that Zollars and the fat cats at IBT all choke on their dinners tonight.:chairshot:
The IBT knew this was going down, that's why they were pushing so hard for a YES vote. Because if this contract wasn't ratified before this happened, they knew they'd have 1 hell of a fight renegotiating after the f in BS.:hide:

Here's an idea for the IBT. All the freakin $$$ of ours that theyre stuffing their pockets with, all the interest from OUR pensions and OUR H&W across the US, we should buy out YRC.
An employee owned company. Only reason the d@mn company showed a loss this quarter was all the d@mn $$$$$ they spent on new tractors and whatnot across the co. and payin off debt and cooking the books.
And speakin of IBT robbing us blind, how would we go about changing bylaws or whatever the hell guarantees these sobs H&W for them and their families even after they retire on top of their 2 and 3 pensions??

It was just announced on a conf. call this morning that they are closing 6 terminals at Holland. To take effect on the 22 FEb.

Little Rock, AR., Jackson, MS., Mobile, AL., Metter & Albany, GA., and Lumberton, N.C.

R. S. is our acting TM in LO. He had a meeting with the outbound crew and informed them about the 6 Holland and 21 Reddaway terminals being closed in 2 weeks. He stated that no other Holland terminals were expected to closed?

Sad Sad Day Hoffa Did The Samething To Us At Cf Lie To Us Till The End. Light At End Of The Tunnel He Said. Just On More Lie To Help Yrc To Get There Way Sad Sad Time God Bless To All Our Brothers And Sister Out There That Lost Out

but they said ????

Well we tried our best, those of us that saw this coming.
All the evidence was there clear as day and in all our efforts to educate
People with the facts we failed to beat ignorance, we told them all what zollars
Said he was going to do on that conference call, all they had to do was listen.
Who did they all listen too instead? The ignorant. The idiot in the break room
Or the idiot on the cb or the idiot manager (all now unemployed) it just blows my
Mind how thick these people are and no matter what you put in front of them
They refuse to see it. I promise you all that if im still around next contract, and
I doubt it seriously, you wont hear a peep out of me. Whatever the next big screwing
Sellout contract is, it will go thru same as this one did. All the same people will buy
All the same lies because bubba in the break room who knows jack sh/t said it was true.
Im done with this forum, I was on a mission here to try and save our @sses from what is now
Unfolding but it was a complete waist of time, at one time it was us, the brotherhood, now its
The ibt in bed with the highest bidder and we are nowhere in the mix. This contract was a done
Deal from day one. That secret ballet you got? You may as well have wiped your @ss with it.
Remember the thoughts you had running thru your mind before checking those boxes?
They meant nothing to the ibt or yrc, just you, and we don’t matter anymore. I just realized
Im talking to the wall again, duh.

Dockster,
While I agree that it's a terrible thing going on here what does it have to do with the contract? I asked you this before and you sidestepped the question. Yellow, or any other major corporation plan these things out well in advance of implementing them. This has absolutely nothing to do with how the contract vote may or may not go.

Dockster,
While I agree that it's a terrible thing going on here what does it have to do with the contract? I asked you this before and you sidestepped the question. Yellow, or any other major corporation plan these things out well in advance of implementing them. This has absolutely nothing to do with how the contract vote may or may not go.
You can't honestly think they held off the annoncement for no reason tho. The plan MAY have been in place but the timing is suspect.:smilie_132:

But the ta has/had no impact on this terrible news. The ta will not be in effect, and it actually provides some language to get affected employees back to full scale in a timely manner.
If I hear about any openings in the indy area i will post for my brothers and sisters. God bless.

Here's an idea for the IBT. All the freakin $$$ of ours that theyre stuffing their pockets with, all the interest from OUR pensions and OUR H&W across the US, we should buy out YRC.
An employee owned company. Only reason the d@mn company showed a loss this quarter was all the d@mn $$$$$ they spent on new tractors and whatnot across the co. and payin off debt and cooking the books.
And speakin of IBT robbing us blind, how would we go about changing bylaws or whatever the hell guarantees these sobs H&W for them and their families even after they retire on top of their 2 and 3 pensions??

That isn't as unrealistic as you think. If all YRC employees got together and retirees supported using an investment from the pension fund.

I wonder why any of you are Teamsters in the first place. With all the "choking on their dinners", "stuffing of pockets", side deals, votes that have apparently already been tabulated for automatic passage, and the rest of the general screwing you get from the IBT. The only time I hear a lot of you say anything good about the union is when you are jumping down the throat of a non-union driver. If it's as bad as some of you portray, then why pay dues at all. If I felt the way that some of you do, I sure wouldn't.

Are more things coming down the road? The big YRC DHL jet has been setting in Holland at the Tulip City Airport all day and word has it, it will be here the rest of the week and next week.

Welcome aboard shortyship:smilie_132:
What does a YRC DHL jet look like??

Couldn't Be Happier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, before i get blasted I would like to make the comment that is simply my opinion from my experience..............

I was a supervisor in the MILWAUKEE terminal for USF HOLLAND a few years ago and I have never worked with a bunch of lazier dockmen/p&d drivers in my life. Although there were some hard working employees with a "WORK HARD" mentaility, the vast majority were more worried about breaks, senority issues, and breaks before breaks. Instead of moving the customers freight ina timely manner, they would act selfishly and stiff the company/low senority employees. It is this culture that is part of the problem. These employees either LOST their work-ethic or never ever ever had one and it is disgusting. MORE OVER, many of these lazy individuals carried american flag bumper stickers, proud to be an american stickers, or had flags in their cars/trucks. If what i saw reflective day to day on their cars/trucks or shirts true, then we have a big big problem.....but i digress....
Anyway, I work for a NON-U company right now and although we have our minor problems from time to time, we have employees that HUSTLE, that have pride in themselves, their families, and this great great country. We have a management staff that communicates ina professional manner to our employees and we have a culture that doesn't protect the weak, but encourages the weak to become strong! (and that has happened!)

Good luck to the few that deserve a good job and **** on the lazy bastards that ruined it all for the others ---and will continue to because the Yellow-roadway-usf approach is flawed!

Welcome aboard shortyship:smilie_132:
What does a YRC DHL jet look like??

:hysterical: Thats funny but I WILL find out if I am on the road and I hear an annoucement that I am out of a job. Me and Mr. Zollars will have a heart to heart all the way home. And I will most likely have 3 hots and a cot when I get there too. Damn, it makes me mad to watch someone do what they do.
Here I will throw in my 2 cents. "Honest days work for an honest days pay.." Work hard, be proud of your work, company, and the teamsters. The customers notice, whether you think so or not. I was in PI the other day and a city driver was remarking how a customer questioned if we have a class to send the drivers to because we are always so nice and friendly. He wondered what they did with the grumpy ones. Linehaul drivers dont have to deal with the customers but negativity breeds negativity. Get a group of road drivers bad mouthing everything and geuss who is putting on there coveralls in the break room listening to it right before they hit a dock that is -20. You know it. the city man. As far as the customer is concerned he IS the company. You think they will ever see Mr. Zollars? NO! Think about it guys! Just something that ran through My little brain last night while counting milemarkers. :hide:

First, before i get blasted I would like to make the comment that is simply my opinion from my experience..............

I was a supervisor in the MILWAUKEE terminal for USF HOLLAND a few years ago and I have never worked with a bunch of lazier dockmen/p&d drivers in my life. Although there were some hard working employees with a "WORK HARD" mentaility, the vast majority were more worried about breaks, senority issues, and breaks before breaks. Instead of moving the customers freight ina timely manner, they would act selfishly and stiff the company/low senority employees. It is this culture that is part of the problem. These employees either LOST their work-ethic or never ever ever had one and it is disgusting. MORE OVER, many of these lazy individuals carried american flag bumper stickers, proud to be an american stickers, or had flags in their cars/trucks. If what i saw reflective day to day on their cars/trucks or shirts true, then we have a big big problem.....but i digress....
Anyway, I work for a NON-U company right now and although we have our minor problems from time to time, we have employees that HUSTLE, that have pride in themselves, their families, and this great great country. We have a management staff that communicates ina professional manner to our employees and we have a culture that doesn't protect the weak, but encourages the weak to become strong! (and that has happened!)

Good luck to the few that deserve a good job and **** on the lazy bastards that ruined it all for the others ---and will continue to because the Yellow-roadway-usf approach is flawed!
Eveyone has a right to there opinion but, wishing and being happy for others loss undoubtedly wont go unnoticed by the moderators. Have a great day!!