SAIA | closing terminals

What a dip :duh:...Thanks othertrucker2001... and here I thought i was gonna have another perfect year...:duh:

Attack the post not the poster, name calling is not allowed I thought. rules are rules I suppose.:duh:
Just wondering where the line is, not allowed to talk politics in this forum but it is ok to call poster names. OK, I am confused now.
:popcorn:

Attack the post not the poster, name calling is not allowed I thought. rules are rules I suppose.:duh:
Just wondering where the line is, not allowed to talk politics in this forum but it is ok to call poster names. OK, I am confused now.
:popcorn:

Top Flight,Is57racer had a typo in his post,corrected it,called HIMSELF a dip,and thanked the poster for pointing out his mistake.

Back to the subject of terminal closings,my company has had 2.While it can be very troubling to the employees of that terminal,alot of these small terminals were started in manufacturing and textile towns.Most of which,exist no more or are operating overseas.

I guess the savings of basically running two businesses(so to speak),out of one building can save the company some $$ too..

Well I have to say we were on topic talking about terminals closing and the economy!! I didn’t see anything mentioned about a president!! I did see someone say idiot!! So from what I gather you think this president and incoming president are the idiots mentioned!! Wow man you’re a moderator and a American how could you say that about our Presidents!! I would encourage you to stand out side of your red, white, and blue truck and think about what you said!! I am ashamed!!!:USA::3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

You must have selective memory since you posted this:

DANCING CHICKEN
Well a couple more days until the biggest idiot in American history gets out of office!! Like every business he has ever owned America is in the toilet!!

I'll leave it there and hope you do to

Top Flight,Is57racer had a typo in his post,corrected it,called HIMSELF a dip,and thanked the poster for pointing out his mistake.

Back to the subject of terminal closings,my company has had 2.While it can be very troubling to the employees of that terminal,alot of these small terminals were started in manufacturing and textile towns.Most of which,exist no more or are operating overseas.

I guess the savings of basically running two businesses(so to speak),out of one building can save the company some $$ too..

Thanks A9 I can see where Top Flight might have been confused... Thanks again

Rumor hasn't grasped my royal ear yet on the closings, But I've been flying under the radar for a while. The other topic, just think about this----we're 2 heartbeats away from a Pelosi presidency-----EGAD!!!!!!

Well like I said the word idiot was used and no mention of president!! You assumed we were talking about the president!! But honestly the president and the economy go hand and hand with the terminals closing!! If he does a bad job and the economy tanks trucking companies cut back!! If his policies work and the economy comes back strong companies expand to meet their customers needs!!

At the risk of futher politicising this thread further, I submit that the congress of these past four years has had more do with the souring of the economy than the previous resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. By extension, they should held responsible for the terminal closings.

I've been hearing a lot of rumors of closings too. But I think it's bad to feed the thread. I hate to see any of us out of work. I haven't gotten a full weeks work all month.
Praying for freight sales...

I've had one or two full weeks in the past 2-4 months. The problem lately is central cutting us, so other drivers can come in and get our freight. I don't mind taking my turn, but when it's twice in the same pay period as it was last week, I get really pissed. Especially since we had the freight for me to move.

I've had one or two full weeks in the past 2-4 months. The problem lately is central cutting us, so other drivers can come in and get our freight. I don't mind taking my turn, but when it's twice in the same pay period as it was last week, I get really pissed. Especially since we had the freight for me to move.

I not beating a dead horse here but this is what I went thru before I was canned in Oct. City dispatcher forced me into a cut day. Then he called another company to deliver four deliveries to the exact area I was supposed to go to. They made NO pick-ups and only delivered the four stops. Two of my customers called me that day to say they had pick ups for me. I told them someone else was working in my place that day and to call dispatch. The company that came in to make the four deliveries made 2000.00 that day for the deliveries they made. I can't help but wonder how much saia would have made if I had been allowed to work and take all 14 deliveries and make the two pick ups.

This will propably sum up all of SAIA's doings and that is back in the early 90's the term
WE CARE WE SHARE
come off the trucks and the trailers and that is pretty sure about the time evry thing went to ****:Flame-On:

I not beating a dead horse here but this is what I went thru before I was canned in Oct. City dispatcher forced me into a cut day. Then he called another company to deliver four deliveries to the exact area I was supposed to go to. They made NO pick-ups and only delivered the four stops. Two of my customers called me that day to say they had pick ups for me. I told them someone else was working in my place that day and to call dispatch. The company that came in to make the four deliveries made 2000.00 that day for the deliveries they made. I can't help but wonder how much saia would have made if I had been allowed to work and take all 14 deliveries and make the two pick ups.

I went to my TM about it, and he took care of it. Last night instead of just flat out cutting people, the dispatcher asked for volunteers. It wasn't just me that was getting cut. You are right though....some of the things that go on here just don't make sense.

Funny thing is Atlanta has never been able to handle freight or get things done as long as I have been here and they just keep getting away with it, now the freight that Athens has developed, Atlanta will loose and with the PM management down there you would think they where trying to compete with PM mechanics to see who do the least.

This will propably sum up all of SAIA's doings and that is back in the early 90's the term
WE CARE WE SHARE
come off the trucks and the trailers and that is pretty sure about the time evry thing went to ****:Flame-On:

You should have been a carpenter man. You hit that one on the head.
:biglaugh:

Well I have to say we were on topic talking about terminals closing and the economy!! I didn’t see anything mentioned about a president!! I did see someone say idiot!! So from what I gather you think this president and incoming president are the idiots mentioned!! Wow man you’re a moderator and a American how could you say that about our Presidents!! I would encourage you to stand out side of your red, white, and blue truck and think about what you said!! I am ashamed!!!:USA::3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

T:nutkick:THE MODERATOR IS NOT STUPID,STUPID

oh and the brain trust that is coming in will save us all!!! please see where we are in 2 years in you want to know what being in the toilet is!