R&L | closing?

imported_wideglide

TB Lurker
Credits
i was in a mcdonalds fri and a old guy was talking on his phone and i over heard him say to the person on the phone yes rl carriers is closing.not from our term never seen him before.not sure what he was getting at but before i could ask him he got away and left mcdonalds just thought it was interesting!

The post from Wideglide ranks up there with the Ferris is dying rumor from the movie Ferris Bueller Day Off. I did not pull the movie out but I will try and quote a scene from it..see below.

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller, Bueller

"Ferris is sick, my best friends cousin who sisters knows this guys who talked to a girl who brothers is best friends with another guy saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night....I guess it's pretty serious....."

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller, Bueller

"Ferris is sick, my best friends cousin who sisters knows this guys who talked to a girl who brothers is best friends with another guy saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night....I guess it's pretty serious....."
I think your on the money:1036316054:!!!!!!!! I hear crap like this all the time, but why post it. BS!!!!!!!!!!!

We all are experiencing tough times now... bad rumors don't help in times like this. Take the conway rumor back awhile... it hurt their business, but they did recover. Times are tougher now. All I am saying is it was most likely BS!!

You probably overheard someone talking about our holiday closing schedule. If you think that they are shutting down for good then you need to study up on the company and the man who founded it. I know you didn't come on here to start shiiit,just like I know I won't talk about your family. Glad you stopped by,drop by anytime.

Kind of odd though. Tuesday nite on my run an R&L driver asked if we were hiring and said to me that it was starting to look as though R&L was (quote) "gonna be packin' it in pretty soon".
Said he figured his chances of another LTL job were pretty slim but wanted to check anyway. His query was the first I'd heard about R&L being in any trouble.

This down right comical :biglaugh: I don't doubt that changes may be coming but closing i don't think so . I honestly believe R+L is a lot better financial position than a lot of carriers. I was told they were able to pay off most all of there debt last year by not buying any NEW tractors . Watch out in the new year for them to get very aggressive about picking up good new buisness not JUNK FREIGHT. I think you'll see just the opposite instead of closing you'll see a large GROWTH . just my 2 cents

This down right comical :biglaugh: I don't doubt that changes may be coming but closing i don't think so . I honestly believe R+L is a lot better financial position than a lot of carriers. I was told they were able to pay off most all of there debt last year by not buying any NEW tractors . Watch out in the new year for them to get very aggressive about picking up good new buisness not JUNK FREIGHT. I think you'll see just the opposite instead of closing you'll see a large GROWTH . just my 2 cents

That is kinda what I was thinking!!!:1036316054:

I was talking to a buddy of mine who works for R&L also...His take on things, is that they are going to give us some really positive good news at the employee conference at the end of the month...

His reasoning, and I happen to agree is this...If it were bad news, they wouldn't go to all of the trouble and expense of sending a driver and their spouse from each terminal to Wilminton to share it with us....

If it was going to be bad news, they would just have the TM's give it to us...

I think we have something positive to look forward to..Just my opinion...

If it was going to be bad news, they would just have the TM's give it to us...
Or they just wouldn't say a thing.

I think we have something positive to look forward to..Just my opinion...
I agree.... Why would they have a meeting just to tell us they are going to have a mass lay-off or shut the doors. I do belive about the only "bad news" coming from them would be about Paramounts future.....

Or they just wouldn't say a thing.

I agree.... Why would they have a meeting just to tell us they are going to have a mass lay-off or shut the doors. I do belive about the only "bad news" coming from them would be about Paramounts future.....

Did we actually agree on something? LOL...

As far as Paramounts future, do you still think they plan on hiring future employee's as Paramount, with reduced pay etc, that they told us about several months ago...

I have not heard anymore about Paramount...

Did we actually agree on something? LOL...
Yes we did i'm not that bad am i....

As far as Paramounts future, do you still think they plan on hiring future employee's as Paramount, with reduced pay etc, that they told us about several months ago...

I have not heard anymore about Paramount...
Yes I do belive Paramount will be a big part of our future.I have seen things. I will not say any more.

I would bet a paycheck that R+L is not closing in fact we are going to being growing and heading in a new direction the new saying may soon read "one call one carrier" no matter what the frieght we can and will be moving it

i was in a mcdonalds fri and a old guy was talking on his phone and i over heard him say to the person on the phone yes rl carriers is closing.not from our term never seen him before.not sure what he was getting at but before i could ask him he got away and left mcdonalds just thought it was interesting!

What kinda girl are you that you would not make it a point to question him???????? Sounds like BS to me. R&L only hires real men who can put in a hard days work, and apparently your day is not that hard if you have time to stop at McDonalds!!!!!

Hey I once read something on a bathroom wall at Mc'Donalds that said for a great bj call 555-1212....I called the number but it was just an average bj....can't believe everything you hear or see at Mickey D's

I would bet a paycheck that R+L is not closing in fact we are going to being growing and heading in a new direction the new saying may soon read "one call one carrier" no matter what the frieght we can and will be moving it

if they were closing think about it why would they be getting new trucks in ,they just bought a sh** load of new trailers,they just bought 2 company's and they are turning the trucks back up think about it