R&L | closing?

Sorry to butt in here because I don't work for R+L but have a friend that does. The Dec. 22\29 issue of Transport Topics page 25 has a VERY large ad in it for R+L. Can't post it but here's what it says. "Cash Buyer Looking to Buy / Van Carrier, Refrigerated Carrier, Truckload Brokerage, Logistics Company." Sales between $15 & $500 million with ideal locations in the Northeast, Florida, Northwest & S. Calif. Team & Owner Operator company a plus! All inquiries will be kept in strict confidence. R+L Carriers ( with 800 number).
It appears sombody's got some expansion plans and some cash to spend. And that's a good thing to say about R+L right?
R&L has possibly bought two truckload companies already. Just rumors right now. Seems like they are trying to reinvent the wheel. Not sure if thats good or bad.............................

Rodney King once said...."Can't we just get along"......before he said that he said....oww.oww.oww.oww...and he also said thank you sir may I have another"

maybe that is why they care so little about us that they would send letters out to the few unlucky ones that did get laid off saying that they hope to have them back soon.we are just getting ready to take over for whoever does go out.

maybe that is why they care so little about us that they would send letters out to the few unlucky ones that did get laid off saying that they hope to have them back soon.we are just getting ready to take over for whoever does go out.
I'm not sure what your saying??????? I've heard things that the Roberts did for the laid-off drivers. It really surprised me!!!!! Maybe you could explain yourself alittle better... Sorry just don't understand.

I don't think you will have very long to wait......

:1036316054:

Whoa.....I just read the email copy I got of the post that got Leftlanecruiser banned.........he's lucky he "only" got banned, where I live, that kind of thing would get you an unmarked hole out in the middle of the desert.........

:holysheep:

Whoa.....I just read the email copy I got of the post that got Leftlanecruiser banned.........he's lucky he "only" got banned, where I live, that kind of thing would get you an unmarked hole out in the middle of the desert.........

:holysheep:

:hysterical::hysterical:

Why wasn't this post banned? I never threatened anyone,I guess it's all in who you know. By the way,you wouldn't be the first to try to put me in a hole. Just because I drive a truck doesn't mean that I have always been a truck driver. My point was made about the outsiders coming on here when I was banned. If I knew how to start a board for us only I would be more than happy to do so. In all the post that I've made here I have never started any crap. It's only when I try to take up for this board and this company that I get banned. Why is that? I check out some other companies boards,but I don't go on there and start rumors or trouble. I would like the same respect here. If the owner of this site really wants to be fair he should appoint an employee of each company to oversee that board.

Why wasn't this post banned? I never threatened anyone,I guess it's all in who you know. By the way,you wouldn't be the first to try to put me in a hole. Just because I drive a truck doesn't mean that I have always been a truck driver. My point was made about the outsiders coming on here when I was banned. If I knew how to start a board for us only I would be more than happy to do so. In all the post that I've made here I have never started any crap. It's only when I try to take up for this board and this company that I get banned. Why is that? I check out some other companies boards,but I don't go on there and start rumors or trouble. I would like the same respect here. If the owner of this site really wants to be fair he should appoint an employee of each company to oversee that board.

Sir if you would Read the Sticky Thread at the top of your fourm Directory you would know that The Owner ask for any R & L Volunteers interested in becoming a Moderator for this Fourm to e-mail him... That has been posted since August... In the mean time we all look in when possible. Have a Great Day

Sir if you would Read the Sticky Thread at the top of your fourm Directory you would know that The Owner ask for any R & L Volunteers interested in becoming a Moderator for this Fourm to e-mail him... That has been posted since August... In the mean time we all look in when possible. Have a Great Day

And why is it none here have posted about being being a MOD? (there may have been emails...)
Simple definition moderator,,,moderation,,,median,,,= even handed, fair, balanced, = time consuming.
Simple words..... hard actions.
It is easier to post and wait to see what comes about it,,, and you get to be opinionated on the subject.

I have many friends at R&L, I come here to keep in touch with their going ons. And if i can help with anything posted I will,,,or sometimes just busting chops.
OH look, a fresh batch of popcorn. Carry on. :popcorn:

And why is it none here have posted about being being a MOD? (there may have been emails...)
Simple definition moderator,,,moderation,,,median,,,= even handed, fair, balanced, = time consuming.
Simple words..... hard actions.
It is easier to post and wait to see what comes about it,,, and you get to be opinionated on the subject.

I have many friends at R&L, I come here to keep in touch with their going ons. And if i can help with anything posted I will,,,or sometimes just busting chops.
OH look, a fresh batch of popcorn. Carry on. :popcorn:

I'm sure all your brothers here appreciate your efforts,..... None have posted here about being a MOD because we have not found one yet.... As far as the email goes, I doubt anyone Quailified has inquired about it or We ( the other mods) would be aware of it..... Maybe you should contact JT about the position :1036316054:

I'm sure all your brothers here appreciate your efforts,..... None have posted here about being a MOD because we have not found one yet.... As far as the email goes, I doubt anyone Quailified has inquired about it or We ( the other mods) would be aware of it..... Maybe you should contact JT about the position :1036316054:

I believe there was a clause to be an employee,,,, thats my story and i'm sticking to it. :1036316054: