ODFL | CMS concerns

Mechanics have repeatedly said it won't lock the brakes below freezing temps. Anyone telling you it happened in the snow is a dumb liar just looking for attention like most truckers do.
That’s a great point, mechanics have been known for their scrupulous sincerity and attention to detail for decades lol
They’re mechanics though and not software engineers so they’re probably not wrong - the information they’re giving is probably accurate to the manual they read it from.

I’m not sure about out in the PNW but just last night it snowed and rained and covered parts of the roads with slush at 34-35 degrees. Not freezing temps but the same temps as when it locked up on me the week prior.

I haven’t had this happen on snow or ice but I just do not believe yet that a “freezing temp kill switch” is the catchall solution you’re making it out to be.
Especially considering an overnight ice/snow storm can transition right into a 40+ degree morning in the Midwest. Just because it isn’t freezing doesn’t always mean there isn’t ice.

Todays trucks have what is called ABS Antilock Brake Systems. Cant lock them up. Will it slam them REAL hard? YES. I have it happen so often I dont react anymore. Just keep on riding

These systems been around for years now, never heard one accident caused by them. You guys best quit riding the tail of the car infront of you.

These systems been around for years now, never heard one accident caused by them. You guys best quit riding the tail of the car infront of you.

"You ain't been around long enough, Billybob, we had several accidents back in 78 when they were still working bugs out of
the 121 system."
BTW, I'm not defending the tailgaters, far too many of them around.

"You ain't been around long enough, Billybob, we had several accidents back in 78 when they were still working bugs out of
the 121 system."
BTW, I'm not defending the tailgaters, far too many of them around.

For Christ Sake what was the 121 system? Been driving back then ain't ever heard of it. That if a stick with a carrot from a string tapped the back end of a car?

Now at OD, drivers love to tailgate, ain't no better feeling in the world for these idiots than tailgating while texting on the phone. Job would be perfect for linehaul if they could log off duty for their thirty and still tailgate someone while switching their sets.

For Christ Sake what was the 121 system? Been driving back then ain't ever heard of it. That if a stick with a carrot from a string tapped the back end of a car?

Now at OD, drivers love to tailgate, ain't no better feeling in the world for these idiots than tailgating while texting on the phone. Job would be perfect for linehaul if they could log off duty for their thirty and still tailgate someone while switching their sets.

These rules govern the ABS, If you don't remember all the problems and accidents back in 78, you must have been in Fly's
parking place in front of the Do Drop Inn.

Billy shut your freaking know it all mouth. You don’t deal with it you little maggot. Go back to trying to impress your illegal Asian women City boy. I get tired of your crap being interjected into something you don’t deal with on a daily basis. We on line have legitimate concerns.

Like I said above. You’re a freakin’ idiot.

Give me article saying a truck wrecked over this? Yeah that’s right, all water cooler talk. I drive them and it’s seen a ghost before but never caused me to wreck. I keep my distance and suggest you boys do the same.

Give me article saying a truck wrecked over this? Yeah that’s right, all water cooler talk. I drive them and it’s seen a ghost before but never caused me to wreck. I keep my distance and suggest you boys do the same.

"I think you should go back and do your research, I know you are a lot smarter than me, I was just a dumb ole line driver."

"I think you should go back and do your research, I know you are a lot smarter than me, I was just a dumb ole line driver."
You know your right Mr. Breeze I was with Big R at that time and they stopped buying new trucks because of all the problems with the 121 system as soon as they got rid of that mess BOOM new trucks all around

Just read this thread. I do not work for OD . I work for Pyle. The newer Freightliners in the fleet have the active systems. It will slam the brakes randomly, cruise on or off. I have it react to bridges, overhead sign, roadside signs. Mfg says this is a software problem and a fix will be here late spring. Guess all trucks with this system does it. Did notice when slush builds up the system is blocked and gets disabled. Yup. I have a filthy front bumper and carry snowballs!! Hey, I and not blocking it, the weather is

There have been problems with these things at least since 2012 or so. We had problems with them on trucks at Con-way back then. Somehow I don’t believe a poof like magic fix is going to appear by spring.

Reactions: Ump
What is this 121 system you speak of?

In general, it's the rules that govern air brake systems on heavy equipment.
Billy bob's problem is he is confusing CAS with ABS.
Billy's looking for accidents caused by CAS which didn't exist in the 70s, I wouldn't expect much more from an ex goat herder.
They boy hasn't been the same since Ump stole his goats.