College Football 2014

He's run the Chip Kelley offense, but no team in the top 10 or 15 runs that offense.. He'll have to be a project for a while.. He reads defenses pretty well..

He's a lot like Aaron Rodgers. How long did he wait behind Favre ? How good did it do him ? A team is going to have to able to take time and teach Meriotta the game. Still a top ten pick.

He's a lot like Aaron Rodgers. How long did he wait behind Favre ? How good did it do him ? A team is going to have to able to take time and teach Meriotta the game. Still a top ten pick.
When you have a QB as good as Favre, you're not starting.. No top 10 team in the draft have a Hall of Fame QB starting right now, like Favre..He had no choice.. Plus, those two are in a totally different situation.. Meriotta, IMO, is smarter than Rodgers. That's why I said "He'll have to be a project for a while".. But, the top 5 teams in the draft, have been known to throw a QB to the wolves, so who knows..

Last edited:
When you have a QB as good as Favre, you're not starting.. No top 10 team in the draft have a Hall of Fame QB starting right now, like Favre..He had no choice.. Plus, those two are in a totally different situation.. Meriotta, IMO, is smarter than Rodgers. That's why I said "He'll have to be a project for a while".. But, the top 5 teams in the draft, have been known to throw a QB to the wolves, so who knows..

If I was this guy I would go to Vegas all Johnny Manzel style and kill my draft stock so that I would get picked by a better team. He's gonna be a millionaire either way.

If I was this guy I would go to Vegas all Johnny Manzel style and kill my draft stock so that I would get picked by a better team. He's gonna be a millionaire either way.
Naw, I don't agree with that.. Just do like most do, "I'm not playing for you" and wait for a trade.... Several players have done that and been successful..

Meriotta will shake things up if he were to go to Tennessee. Locker is making big bucks.....what do they do with him? Can't afford to have one of them sitting on the bench. Something has to give.

Meriotta will shake things up if he were to go to Tennessee. Locker is making big bucks.....what do they do with him? Can't afford to have one of them sitting on the bench. Something has to give.
Two ways:
1. You ask Meriotta to sign a league minimum contract for QB's and learn the system for a year.
2. Make a trade at draft time..Trade Locker(probably will have to take a loss, but he's off your salary cap) and get another 2nd or 3rd or both draft picks..

I still feel like Philly will try to make a move to get Meriotta.. Chip loves this kid... He recruited him since his was a high school freshman..

Two ways:
1. You ask Meriotta to sign a league minimum contract for QB's and learn the system for a year.
2. Make a trade at draft time..Trade Locker(probably will have to take a loss, but he's off your salary cap) and get another 2nd or 3rd or both draft picks..

I still feel like Philly will try to make a move to get Meriotta.. Chip loves this kid... He recruited him since his was a high school freshman..

That's a good point. Meriotta probably doesn't have to worry about anything. Philly will spend to get him.

That's a good point. Meriotta probably doesn't have to worry about anything. Philly will spend to get him.
Don't get me wrong, this kid is smart.. He's fully capable of learning other systems... But if you want him to start immediately, then you have to adapt to his style and what he knows.. If not, then you have to give him time and not just throw him to wolves..

Don't get me wrong, this kid is smart.. He's fully capable of learning other systems... But if you want him to start immediately, then you have to adapt to his style and what he knows.. If not, then you have to give him time and not just throw him to wolves..

Right, but he seems like the perfect antidote to the can't run enough Foles and can't throw enough Vick. This would be a no brainer.

Ohio State needed three this year. And that was college. You are gonna need to have three good ones to make it work in the pros.
To run Chip's style of offense you do need three running QBs. You cant have an offensive line built for run blocking, then your starting QB gets hurt and the replacement is a pocket passer. That's a guaranteed failure. Chip needs at least three.

To run Chip's style of offense you do need three running QBs. You cant have an offensive line built for run blocking, then your starting QB gets hurt and the replacement is a pocket passer. That's a guaranteed failure. Chip needs at least three.
Probably be fired before that happens!!

Probably be fired before that happens!!
"You are, who you say you are.. You build around it to achieve perfection.. It started with the first coach to ever coach the game and won't end until the game is no longer coached by humans"..---- Bill Walsh Pretty much says it all.. If Chip wants his system to work, he HAS to build the team around it.. And by all means, have the players to do it and they must buy into it...