SAIA | combo driver

driver4a1

TB Lurker
Credits
was offered daytime city driver position, but was told the actual title was combo driver.

so can they just make me go to nights and run linehaul anytime. because of this title.

how do you get p and d driver title?

how many different position for driver at saia have titles? is it the same for all drivers, day and night.

What it is

A combo driver will work as either a dock worker or a city driver. Weekend linehaul by city drivers is usually on a volunteer basis(At least in DLS) unless freight levels dictate conscripting drivers for weekend runs.

just another way to keep from hiring the help the need .so they hire you as combo and work you where ever they want when they want.and you can bet if they want you on nites today and tomorrow they want you on days that is the way it will be.

new job

you better go by terminal, i applied online, didnt hear anything for a month, went by terminal asked to speak to tm. said i already applied online. he told me they get so many applications, he doesnt look at them unless he talks to you or someone who works there gives you a reference. took me a few phone calls and another stop by to get a interview.

Patrick do you know anyone at Saia? If you want to be on the fast track for a interview that's the way to go!! Saia loves to hire someone who is recomended! Last year i got 2 people on by recomending them! My boss called me 6 months later and asked if i knew anyone else looking for a driving job. I told him i would have to think about it. Two hours later he called me again and asked if i thought of anyone. He had applications 2 feet high on his desk. A recommendation from a current employee goes a long way!!

I called the terminal manager at Saia and he said they werent hiring at the Tallahassee location at this time. If anyone would like to call this guy and refer me so he will put me on his list that would be great. Im 31 and i need a place to retire from.