TForce | combo driver

Ex-dugancity

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anybody tell me how long, I have to work the dock. I was hire in Atl a month ago and so far the only thing I have driven is a forklift. The dock is ok to work for 1 to 3 hours but all day, can make a driver go crazy.

ex-dugancity said:
Can anybody tell me how long, I have to work the dock. I was hire in Atl a month ago and so far the only thing I have driven is a forklift. The dock is ok to work for 1 to 3 hours but all day, can make a driver go crazy.

Patient grasshopper. Your time will come for the grey and brown to carry you smoothly down the highway.

ex-dugancity said:
are you a driver or dock cdl? i am dock cdl i do the usual d/h and i pick up here and there,but its so slow that we have guys on our extra board staying home so there is nothing for me to go out too.so the only driving i do is yard move :cuss:

How rare is it to have full time dock without a CDL?

I've heard that there are terminals that have dock workers without CDL's.
And even though they work over 40 hours per week are concidered part time getting part time wages,and benefits.

But if the dock worker has a CDL,and mostly works the dock gets $0.25 less than full time city drivers,is that true?

I've always worked the city,and have only had a few weekend runs to other terminals.
So I don't know if thats still the norm

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

Apostolic said:
I've heard that there are terminals that have dock workers without CDL's.
And even though they work over 40 hours per week are concidered part time getting part time wages,and benefits.

But if the dock worker has a CDL,and mostly works the dock gets $0.25 less than full time city drivers,is that true?

I've always worked the city,and have only had a few weekend runs to other terminals.
So I don't know if thats still the norm

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.
yes we use part time dock worker (not cdl) and they make less money,I started working part time put in my time training and got my cdl and then got the promotion to full time plus a nice raise so I be moving on the pay scale until I get top pay,I know of one driver that runs the extra board that make little less than i do but he was hired couple of months after me.