ODFL | Combo Drivers

At my Terminal I hired in as a L/H combo and my L/H seniority started on my first day. I’ve been here almost 3yrs now. I work the hub about 4hrs a night and then I go out on a run. On the last bid I had the chance to go wild but I decided to stay on the hub and the guy below me took it.it’s the only way to get into L/H at my barn

At my Terminal I hired in as a L/H combo and my L/H seniority started on my first day. I’ve been here almost 3yrs now. I work the hub about 4hrs a night and then I go out on a run. On the last bid I had the chance to go wild but I decided to stay on the hub and the guy below me took it.it’s the only way to get into L/H at my barn
At my terminal there's no such thing as line haul combo. You're either combo, linehaul or city. When our combo drivers serve there year then they start building seniority in their new classification.

At my terminal there's no such thing as line haul combo. You're either combo, linehaul or city. When our combo drivers serve there year then they start building seniority in their new classification.
Well I don’t know what to tell you driver but that’s how it is at my terminal if your gonna go into L/H your gonna work the dock on the front end and run when your done. That’s how I got hired off the street nobody from the city wanted to come in at midnight work the dock and run. Yea its nice to come in build your set and ride. I could be doing that but I don’t mind working the dock first I did the same thing at FXF.

Well I don’t know what to tell you driver but that’s how it is at my terminal if your gonna go into L/H your gonna work the dock on the front end and run when your done. That’s how I got hired off the street nobody from the city wanted to come in at midnight work the dock and run. Yea its nice to come in build your set and ride. I could be doing that but I don’t mind working the dock first I did the same thing at FXF.
It really doesn't matter to me driver because I was never combo. I've been linehaul at a break bulk from day one. I answered the original question from the poster about how things are at my terminal. You said your a new guy so you'll learn that each terminal does things differently here at OD. Of course a combo guy can start the day on the dock, in the yard, city or linehaul and end up finishing his shift doing something else. My point was once a combo guy starts in a full time status his time in combo doesn't follow him in whatever he decides to do. He is at the bottom of the board. Where I'm at you would be below a linehaul driver that was hired after you if he came on as a full time linehaul and you're combo.

It really doesn't matter to me driver because I was never combo. I've been linehaul at a break bulk from day one. I answered the original question from the poster about how things are at my terminal. You said your a new guy so you'll learn that each terminal does things differently here at OD. Of course a combo guy can start the day on the dock, in the yard, city or linehaul and end up finishing his shift doing something else. My point was once a combo guy starts in a full time status his time in combo doesn't follow him in whatever he decides to do. He is at the bottom of the board. Where I'm at you would be below a linehaul driver that was hired after you if he came on as a full time linehaul and you're combo.
Let me run back to my post and read when I said I was a new guy. And your right it doesn’t matter to me either. So for the guy who ask the question that’s how we do it at your barn

Let me run back to my post and read when I said I was a new guy. And your right it doesn’t matter to me either. So for the guy who ask the question that’s how we do it at your barn
My bad when you said that you were hired as a combo and how you did things at FXF I thought you were new. I took it that way. So how long have you been at OD?

2yrs 8 months at OD and L/H seniority at day 1
We had a driver go to corporate over combo coming in to linehaul and keeping their seniority. He was full time linehaul and a few combo were going to be above him on the board. Corporate said the combo guys go to the bottom. My son is a combo driver at a different terminal than mine and his barn follows the same policy as ours. He has no seniority and gets knocked off his schedule when they hire in full time guys. He went through the class and wasn't hired off the street like you were. He's been here twice as long as what you have and has just been combo a few months. I got him on here when he was just an 18yr old kid. I can't remember when we've hired a combo guy at my location. Our linehaul doesn't work the dock. We're not allowed on the docks...lol.

We had a driver go to corporate over combo coming in to linehaul and keeping their seniority. He was full time linehaul and a few combo were going to be above him on the board. Corporate said the combo guys go to the bottom. My son is a combo driver at a different terminal than mine and his barn follows the same policy as ours. He has no seniority and gets knocked off his schedule when they hire in full time guys. He went through the class and wasn't hired off the street like you were. He's been here twice as long as what you have and has just been combo a few months. I got him on here when he was just an 18yr old kid. I can't remember when we've hired a combo guy at my location. Our linehaul doesn't work the dock. We're not allowed on the docks...lol.
10-4 driver