Comey transcript released: Ex-FBI boss claims not to know, remember key details in Russia case

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rastus, Dec 8, 2018 at 6:55 PM.

1. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA..

Former FBI Director James Comey claimed “I don’t know” or “I don’t remember” in response to dozens of questions concerning key details in the Russia probe, according to a lengthy transcript released Saturday of his closed-door interview with congressional lawmakers.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., and House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., published the 235-page transcript as a part of an agreement with Comey.

The former bureau boss frustrated GOP lawmakers during Friday’s session, in large part because his lawyers urged him not to answer numerous questions. Comey is expected to return later in the month for another round, though blasted Republicans on his way out for what he called a “desperate attempt to find anything that can be used to attack the institutions of justice investigating this president.”

READ THE COMEY TRANSCRIPT

But while Comey insisted in the interview that “we never investigated the Trump campaign for political purposes,” the transcript shows he claimed ignorance or memory lapses in response to questions concerning key details and events in the Russia investigation, which some GOP lawmakers continue to claim was improperly conducted.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/co...t-to-know-remember-key-details-in-russia-case

Trey Gowdy actually counted the number of times comey said he didn’t know, it totaled 251 times.

jimmy g and Northern Flash like this.
  2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Grocery Shopping. The Meat Department. AD-FREE USER

Sounds like Comey committed a lot of perjury. And that pile of excrement questioning anyone else's integrity is appalling to say the least. He will go down in history as one of the most corrupted top cops in history. Mueller could beat him out, but we have to wait and see what Mueller has for his final report, which should come out within the next 20 years.

Keepingon, jimmy g and falconfan like this.
  3. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

by saying "I dont recall/remember" he is avoiding perjury

sounds like he needs 70 plus hours of testimony with plenty of perjry traps along the way
    or just release the emails, he commited treason

4. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

No equal justice,under the law.Should alarm everyone.Repub will not occupy WH forever,but precedent has been set.

Northern Flash, jimmy g and 52FARMER like this.
  5. Northern Flash

I can guarantee you that while Comey was on his book tour, his comments that he made would not match his testimony or the emails. This guy is a scoundrel at that highest level. He's a habitual liar, and at the very least, he should be indicted for all of the leaks, especially the one to his professor friend that got this special counsel appointed in the first place.

If the Republicans would push this issue and go on the offensive, these scumbags wouldn't have time to keep drumming up crap against Trump. But the Republicans suck, so they won't do it.

I've heard people on the radio that know every single detail about this investigation/hoax and have even written books about it. (Dan Bongino, Greg Jarrett, Sarah Carter) These guys need to be put in charge of the interrogation of Mueller and pick that piece of garbage apart, piece by piece.

6. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA..

When he talked to President Trump he didn’t tell him that Hillary paid for the dossier that he didn’t consider it important.
    This jackass wondered why he was fired?

Northern Flash likes this.
  7. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

As does everyone on the left

The guy is a partisan hack who tried to over turn an election

I volunteer to be on the firing squad for his execution

Rastus likes this.
  8. Northern Flash

Sorry, you can join in as one of the fake shooters, but I already called for being the one with the live rounds.
    :6817:

Maybe next time. Possibly for John Brennen.:1036316054:

9. Driver71

Driver71 AKA:DBLCLUTCH

Isn't he the guy that took copious notes? POS, plain and simple!

10. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA..

When it comes to President Trump making Comey feel a little queasy, comeys memory is sharp as a tack.