Averitt | Coming to a "chicken house" near you in June !

Iceman

Company Man
Credits
Mark your calendars: The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance's annual inspection blitz is scheduled for June 4-6, the 72-hour period in which roughly 10,000 inspectors at 1,500 places in North America perform truck and bus inspections. Last year, nearly 75,000 truck inspections were performed by members of local, state and federal inspectors, producing a 22.4 percent ouf-of-service rate for vehicles and a 3.9 percent out-of-service rate for drivers. via Tennessee Trucking Association.

Mark your calendars: The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance's annual inspection blitz is scheduled for June 4-6, the 72-hour period in which roughly 10,000 inspectors at 1,500 places in North America perform truck and bus inspections. Last year, nearly 75,000 truck inspections were performed by members of local, state and federal inspectors, producing a 22.4 percent ouf-of-service rate for vehicles and a 3.9 percent out-of-service rate for drivers. via Tennessee Trucking Association.

Yeah! I'm so excited

You shouldn't have to worry about it unless you have 5 bags of chips in your dash and so much crap you can barely see thru the windshield...I was at a TS the other day this driver had so much crap piled up on his dash I couldn't believe it... He was just screaming for a DOT inspection...

So true 1tt1, I spent some time with the THP when I was Road Captain for the TTA, and that's what they said, they watch the camera's as we come down the ramp, cluttered dash= multi violations.
's

Word to the wise...secure your trailers with bolt seals. Won't prevent them from opening your trailer but will force them to acquire bolt cutters to get in. I loaded up with them tonight in preparation

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Word to the wise...secure your trailers with bolt seals. Won't prevent them from opening your trailer but will force them to acquire bolt cutters to get in. I loaded up with them tonight in preparation

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Many years ago with another company I was pulled aside in a New Mexico scale house for an inspection...I had a bolt seal and was told to open it...I told her I didn't have a bolt cutter she got one and handed it to me and told me to cut it...I looked at her and said you cut it you want it open...she just gave me "the look" and I cut it LOL...

Many years ago with another company I was pulled aside in a New Mexico scale house for an inspection...I had a bolt seal and was told to open it...I told her I didn't have a bolt cutter she got one and handed it to me and told me to cut it...I looked at her and said you cut it you want it open...she just gave me "the look" and I cut it LOL...

I would have told her I can't cut it, if you cain't do it get a man that works with you to do the task, bet that woulda set the ***** into overdrive.

I just don't care, they cain't do anything to me, eventually someone will have to come get me, I'm payed by the hour and till I go to bed at a motel or I get a ride back to the yard, I'm gettin paid.

I'll be a smart ass all night long, what are they gonna do? Lock me up for being a wise acre?

Edit: If the PoPo does lock me up in the course of my duties, Sysco has to bail me out, thats set in our contract, I guess its happened before my time here so they included that little deal..LOL!!

I will be midfully be taking alternate routes to avoid all of them that I can. Luckily, the state of Louisiana does not participate in this charade.

I forgot all about it this week.....went along as usual....although I was VERY mindful of the London Ky COOP's this week....I had 19 min left on my 14 while enroute from Williamston NC to Jamestown KY....I decided, I would pull around back and 10brk.....guys were back there inspecting....paid me no mind!

I put bolt seals on every trailer during that period. I never even had to go in a coop. Went by without even knowing it was happening.