Common courtesy!!!

Squirt

TB Lurker
Credits
I talk with alot of other drivers in my travels up and down the highway and one thing that I have been told is that Oak Harbor drivers are NOT the nicest around. After hearing that, it bothered me. I have been around this company for a long time (14 yrs) and so I asked what did they mean. The drivers told me a we were rude towards ourselfs. They always see one driver either waving, blinking lights or just calling on the radio to the other OHFL driver and getting nothing in response. :smilie_132:

Ok, I know that a lot of drivers do not run radios for one reason or another and I understand that. Sometime I do not turn on my radio at all. So I am cool about that.

But as far as not waving, blinking lights or even acknowloding the others drivers existance bothers me. Are we that self absorbed that we can not even say hi to our fellow work mates.:chairshot:

My rant has NOTHING to do with union or non-union. It has to do with fellow co-workers getting along. I was rasied to say please, thank you and excuse me. I was also brought up to acknowledge a person when they speak to you. I do not expect everyone to get along, but I would expect to atleast be acknowledged when I say hi to you.

Am I off base here??? Tell me your thoughts... Are we as a society just becoming ruder toward people that we do not know, even though we work for the same company??? Or is it that we think that upper management is out to get us and that they have spies everywehere so we do not what to say anything to incriminate us??? :hide:

I talk with alot of other drivers in my travels up and down the highway and one thing that I have been told is that Oak Harbor drivers are NOT the nicest around. After hearing that, it bothered me. I have been around this company for a long time (14 yrs) and so I asked what did they mean. The drivers told me a we were rude towards ourselfs. They always see one driver either waving, blinking lights or just calling on the radio to the other OHFL driver and getting nothing in response. :smilie_132:

Ok, I know that a lot of drivers do not run radios for one reason or another and I understand that. Sometime I do not turn on my radio at all. So I am cool about that.

But as far as not waving, blinking lights or even acknowloding the others drivers existance bothers me. Are we that self absorbed that we can not even say hi to our fellow work mates.:chairshot:

My rant has NOTHING to do with union or non-union. It has to do with fellow co-workers getting along. I was rasied to say please, thank you and excuse me. I was also brought up to acknowledge a person when they speak to you. I do not expect everyone to get along, but I would expect to atleast be acknowledged when I say hi to you.

Am I off base here??? Tell me your thoughts... Are we as a society just becoming ruder toward people that we do not know, even though we work for the same company??? Or is it that we think that upper management is out to get us and that they have spies everywehere so we do not what to say anything to incriminate us??? :hide:

No you are not off base... common courtesy is the only way to go.

Sure, you are off base here! The "new generation" is all about "ME","ME & only "ME. Screw you and EVERYONE else,you don't matter!!!!

Sure, you are off base here! The "new generation" is all about "ME","ME & only "ME. Screw you and EVERYONE else,you don't matter!!!!

That is not true. I do matter!!!! If I did not matter, then why did you take time out of your busy day of passing out propaganda to answer this "thread". :loser: