Companies That Cut Ties To The NRA Are Seeing A Drop In Public Approval

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rastus, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Rastus

Rastus ..What Goes Around Comes Around.. AD-FREE USER

If you’re a company like Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you cut ties with the NRA in a very loud and grand fashion.
    According to the Politico/Morning Consult poll, every company that publicly severed its ties with the NRA has seen a dip in public approval, with Enterprise Rent-A-Car seeing the largest at 49 points down to 25.
    But the problem is that you aren’t just cutting ties with an organization. You’re cutting ties with what the organization represents, insulting the people who subscribe to those ideas, and punishing them for holding them. They see your move as a sort of virtue signal, by which you used the organization these people align with as a prop.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mo...ies-cut-ties-nra-seeing-drop-public-approval/
    I was guessing this showboating would backfire, most Americans don’t like cowards. I’d also guess new NRA memberships and ar-15 sales have skyrocketed.
    Good luck to these companies weaseling their way out of this one.

2. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

These companies have their rights and beliefs.Sometimes those beliefs come with consequences.Touche.

Rastus likes this.
  3. Rastus

President Trump knows the pulse of America, if these companies are smart they’ll follow his lead not ThinkProgress.

4. albag

albag Pray for peace! AD-FREE USER

5. albag

6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash They will make you look foolish. AD-FREE USER

Thanks for the reminder of these companies playing political correctness. I'll be right back, I have to go unsubscribe to my Dick's Sporting Goods emails and coupons. I'm done with them over their stopping to sell any "assault" weapons. I don't want one, but they aren't the thought police either. I'll do business elsewhere.

7. Northern Flash

*Update
    I just unsubscribed to Dick's Sporting Goods and it asks why I was unsubscribing. I gave them a tongue lashing and told them to stay out of politics and quit cowering to political correctness.

Rastus and DCM_Doc like this.
  8. albag

Or from my perspective what is the morally correct action. At least two sides to every story.

9. Rastus

I was at Dick’s maybe a year and a half ago, they had a lot of shot guns but no ar-15’s.
    They have good sales on ammo once in a while but it’s more of a clothing sporting goods store. Screw em I won’t go back.

Northern Flash likes this.
  10. albag

11. Rastus

12. Rastus

13. Northern Flash

Your "perspective" is opposite of our Constitution. The Constitution rules.
    And a gun doesn't shoot people, a lunatic does.
    Should we ban pickups also? One of them broke loose from it's Muslim owner and ran people over on a bike path.

14. Northern Flash

I've sent about six emails now, nutkicking those playing political correctness.
    I have a good reason for shopping at Dick's in the past, but I won't advertise for them and tell you what I bought there all of the time and why.
    I told them they won't see me there again.

15. Rastus

More Americans will die of opioid od’s by Monday morning than killed with all rifles all year.
    This isn’t about American lives it’s about people control.

16. Northern Flash

This latest school shooting is just another three day weekend in Chicago when it comes to death count. Are any of these companies doing anything to help in Chicago?
    I know the answer. It's no, because that wouldn't be politically expedient.

17. albag

Cruz allegedly used a Smith & Wesson semiautomatic rifle in the shooting, according to the Broward Sheriiff's Office. The Smith & Wesson brand is owned by American Outdoor Brands, which on Thursday reported a 33% plunge in quarterly gun sales and a 65% plummet in earnings.
    Gun makers Sturm Ruger and Vista Outdoor also reported dismal earnings earlier this year.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...ot-flowers-instead/ar-BBJNwqO?ocid=spartanntp

18. albag

The shootings in Chicago are not with high muzzle velocity semi automatic rifles. Most are the result of weak gun laws in Indiana.

19. Northern Flash

It's also been reported that Cruz was wearing Nike shoes during the shooting. Nikes should be banned and put out of business. Plus, he even had on a Timex watch, which should also now be banned.

20. Northern Flash

But Chicago is a gun free zone. Are you saying that the criminals in Chicago aren't following the rules?
    Well, I bet that if we were to have a gun confiscation take place, they'd suddenly change their behavior and turn theirs in.
    :duh: