SAIA | Company anti-union Letter

I haven't worked there for 2 months and I received the letter too. It is great that the U isn't needed at some terminals, but it is needed in GVL. Things changed towards the end of my run. It continues now. Change is to be expected, but when people are getting screwed over....it is not ok. Pay is nice...but if you treat your employees well, there is no threat of the U. Overall, the company as a whole was looking up. There are just a few things that need to be ironed out. Not trying to stir ::shit:: up bc no company is perfect, just voicing my opinion.

I do have an MBA and for a little background...when I was hired the company painted a very nice picture for me. They made a lot of promises and have failed to deliver. They wanted me, being young with this degree, to learn the business/industry from the bottom up. And I bit, hook line and sinker. So my bad for believing them. And here I , with all the experience and degree, still turning the wheel. Oh well. Bills are paid I guess

I do have an MBA and for a little background...when I was hired the company painted a very nice picture for me. They made a lot of promises and have failed to deliver. They wanted me, being young with this degree, to learn the business/industry from the bottom up. And I bit, hook line and sinker. So my bad for believing them. And here I , with all the experience and degree, still turning the wheel. Oh well. Bills are paid I guess
Well..... You are the exception to the rule .... If I had a Masters degree in business administration I would have left this business long ago ... I was too busy raising my family as a young man to continue my education and was only able to get a 2 year associate degree after high school .... But I'm OK with that ... I have had a good life .... The stigma that is associated with truck drivers is so unfair ... Not all truck drivers are uneducated.

Don't get me wrong...my efforts haven't been in vain. I have learned a great deal about this business, from the bottom. And it has been my observation that the company needs to put a little more focus on drivers, mostly on the retention end. I'm sure we have all heard it before, that OD is the industry leader in LTL, and part of this is because they take such good care of their drivers. And I'm talking on a total compensation package level. When the economy took a dive a few years back, Saia and everyone else cut wages. But OD stood tall and didn't do this. They recognized that doing this would have negative consequences. And when Saia did (finally) return those wages, drivers here celebrated it as a raise. It was certainly not a raise, just getting back to where we were. And all this time, management continued to provide bonuses and incentives to the higher ups. So, to backtrack a bit...Saia is a good employer. But, they need to recognize issues while they can still control them, otherwise they get really bad - to the point of no return, and that's when the union can get a foothold. I believe(d) in Saia, right or wrong. My case is probably unique, but I'm finding more and more that the advice given to me that I may need to move on is becoming more and more prudent.

JK was right and I was misinformed .. Which makes me wrong ... It is 50% ... I should not have listened to a particular group of drivers and should have checked it out myself ... Sorry.
Having said that ... I'm very grateful for 50% .... When you figure all the things Saia brings to the table I still believe we have one of the best compensation packages in the business .. I just love the healthcare and that alone will keep me here until I retire .. You guys work for a great company even if some of you are too blind to know it.

Last edited: