R&L | company(lakeland)show true colors!

miami_owl

TB Lurker
Credits
well,once again miami gets the shaft! here in miami where we"re 80% black and hispanic,they take away our new trucks and lakeland sends down 44hundred series which are 10 to 12 years old.i keep hoping its not true ,but time and time again it think its because who and where we"re at.no other terminal ive been told by management and shop is getting all these old *** trucks.good luck obama,cuz things still are the same!

well,once again miami gets the shaft! here in miami where we"re 80% black and hispanic,they take away our new trucks and lakeland sends down 44hundred series which are 10 to 12 years old.i keep hoping its not true ,but time and time again it think its because who and where we"re at.no other terminal ive been told by management and shop is getting all these old *** trucks.good luck obama,cuz things still are the same!

Well I hope I am not reading in to this to far.Becouse of what you are saying is true that is really @$#%%$up.And to think it is becouse of race thats a big pill to swallow.Becouse all these changes are happen at all the terms not just one.
I've heard alot of terminals are getting more of the old trucks back and what not.I don't think they are going to get new trucks for awhile thats just a thought.In the end hope what you are saying is not true.

:Violin: no reason to bring up percentage and NoBama doesn't care if your driving a 1 stack Mack

wil driver said that they have a lot new truck that they r send out they r takeing r twin screw and replace them with single axle truck and they r old truck took all the newer truck out in conley place

It's the same at ever barn...... We had all of the PT/PS trucks shipped out west except for a handful....... All our replacements have been Ford power... Trust me our old worn out power out numbers our new units.... It's not a race thing.....

Sure seems like they are trying to **** people off with this changing of new equipment for old.Not the way to keep drivers happy.I hope it doesn't work its way up north.We already have 4 fords and as a small barn thats almost a quarter of our fleet.

Sure seems like they are trying to **** people off with this changing of new equipment for old.Not the way to keep drivers happy.I hope it doesn't work its way up north.We already have 4 fords and as a small barn thats almost a quarter of our fleet.

A shadow your what out of Hartford I don't know much about that one but wallingsfort has a damn small barn.:chairshot:

Here at our barn they have taken some of the T/A's out west and replaced them with some of the Fords. Mechanically speaking they've got better motors than the newer trucks. It's cheaper than buying the new trucks. Whatever it takes to keep our paychecks rolling in.

How many miles have the ones going out west had on them? I'm thinking I'm safe with mine I've got 500,000 on it. I don't think they'd want to send a high milage truck out thier.

i've seen the old trucks as well. i don't have the best truck either but personally, i don't care. right now i'm thankful to have a job. i heard in the news yellow roadway is laying off hundreds of people. guys - lets wake up and face reality...economy right now is horrible, all companies are cutting back where they can..its called business. every friday when i get back in the yard i'm thankful for that check...things could be a lot worse for many of us than driving an older truck..

Maybe Miami gets older trucks because you guys let the palm fronds hit them during this time of year, Hurricane Season.

I doubt race has anything to do with it, out west more miles and hills may be the biggest factor. You guys in Florida know you can drive a vehicle here for 20 years.

I think it is absurd to even suggest that RACE would have anything to do with why the company chose to move equipment around. Just because your pissed off driver doesn't give you the right to accuse the mangement of this compnay of being ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ. This is by far the dumbest thing I have ever read on here and I think this entire thread should be deleted!!!

i've seen the old trucks as well. i don't have the best truck either but personally, i don't care. right now i'm thankful to have a job. i heard in the news yellow roadway is laying off hundreds of people. guys - lets wake up and face reality...economy right now is horrible, all companies are cutting back where they can..its called business. every friday when i get back in the yard i'm thankful for that check...things could be a lot worse for many of us than driving an older truck..

You have that right.:1036316054:.That is a great post.

how does race have anything anything to do with it anyways? we are all going thru this if you dont like it quit !

you dont know what race has to do with it,cuz u probably have never been discriminated against.if u were down in miami and you saw the faces of the silver bullet or da comments that get spread around,you wouldnt be so quick to ask what it has to do with it.we have over 70 trucks and as of today,41 are fords with over a million miles in them and still counting. everyday another one comes down.QUIT? THAT SOUNDS LIKE WHAT THE BOSSES FROM UP NORTH WOULD SAY!

you dont know what race has to do with it,cuz u probably have never been discriminated against.if u were down in miami and you saw the faces of the silver bullet or da comments that get spread around,you wouldnt be so quick to ask what it has to do with it.we have over 70 trucks and as of today,41 are fords with over a million miles in them and still counting. everyday another one comes down.QUIT? THAT SOUNDS LIKE WHAT THE BOSSES FROM UP NORTH WOULD SAY!

OK,
Don't quit, just keep complaining about everything, that will get you far in life...Yea they are discriminating against you and your terminal, how long did it take to figure it out????...Take it like a man...Don't you know the company is out to get ya???? You should have known they were out to get ya when they dragged you in, and made you fill out that application...You should have known they were out to get ya when they gave you the job you applied for...Cry for us all a little bit more about all the old Fords with a million miles...Cry some more, please cry some more...They are discriminating against ya man, the "MAN" is makin you drive an old truck...You need to call the BOSSES UP NORTH an tell em you ain't takin no mo....:1036316054: