R&L | company(lakeland)show true colors!

Memo just came down from corp: All Fords in Miami with over 1 million miles will be outfitted with spinner hubcaps and 1000 watt boom boxs and dingle balls around headliner

I hear they are sending "R" model Macks to Miami and Lakeland...They have 2 million miles, but they are going to put 8000 watt sound systems in, along with white walls on the tires and curb feelers...Oh I almost forgot, they are going to be low riders, and the BOSSES UP NORTH wanting to perceived as sensitive to the needs in Miama, are going to fit Miami Owls truck with Neon underneath, and around the license plate...I heard about the spinners, and that is good, but I am pretty sure they will come installed with FUZZY DICE hanging in the windshied...Can anyone say, "PIMP MY RIDE" Dang those mean old bosses up North...:hysterical:

I think one reason the Fords are down south is because they are still good performing trucks and rust factor will certainly slow down rather than if they were up north. With hard economic times the bosses are going to utilize all the equipment they have, race has nothing to do with it. Those trucks are armed with N-14 Cummins and the 60 Series detroits will still be running when the new engines are on the side of the road.

Seems if your not a middle class white male anything that happens in America is because of race! Can't we get rid of the race card & start thinking like a team, we are after all AMERICANS.

you dont know what race has to do with it,cuz u probably have never been discriminated against.if u were down in miami and you saw the faces of the silver bullet or da comments that get spread around,you wouldnt be so quick to ask what it has to do with it.we have over 70 trucks and as of today,41 are fords with over a million miles in them and still counting. everyday another one comes down.QUIT? THAT SOUNDS LIKE WHAT THE BOSSES FROM UP NORTH WOULD SAY!

no im not a boss from up north just another driver like you only difference is im tired of some drivers and people in general using race as a crutch. there is no difference brtween you and i we both do the same job! if race played that big of a role in this you or me would not have a job. i know at our barn the percentage of black and white employees are about 60 40 to the black bieng the majority. we have no problems here at all. so like i said either deal with it or quit with that attitude your barn would probley be better off if you did quit!

I agree, this is not about race. I have heard that the intent is to get single axel trucks on the major linehaul runs from the big break terminals. Pulling doubles with tandems can costs significantly more. I see everyone else out there pulling doubles with single axels.

OK,
Don't quit, just keep complaining about everything, that will get you far in life...Yea they are discriminating against you and your terminal, how long did it take to figure it out????...Take it like a man...Don't you know the company is out to get ya???? You should have known they were out to get ya when they dragged you in, and made you fill out that application...You should have known they were out to get ya when they gave you the job you applied for...Cry for us all a little bit more about all the old Fords with a million miles...Cry some more, please cry some more...They are discriminating against ya man, the "MAN" is makin you drive an old truck...You need to call the BOSSES UP NORTH an tell em you ain't takin no mo....:1036316054:

you can kiss my *** braceface!have u seen the tv on this week?dont know what terminal its from(probably yours if u had the guts to say where ur from)but take a look and tell me what u see.nothing but macks and intl's.in 12 years,da only mack ive seen is two sleepers.i dont need to explain to you what goes on in miami.we all know what happens.btw,this is a forum board for us to speak our minds.didnt know it was censored.

I hear they are sending "R" model Macks to Miami and Lakeland...They have 2 million miles, but they are going to put 8000 watt sound systems in, along with white walls on the tires and curb feelers...Oh I almost forgot, they are going to be low riders, and the BOSSES UP NORTH wanting to perceived as sensitive to the needs in Miama, are going to fit Miami Owls truck with Neon underneath, and around the license plate...I heard about the spinners, and that is good, but I am pretty sure they will come installed with FUZZY DICE hanging in the windshied...Can anyone say, "PIMP MY RIDE" Dang those mean old bosses up North...:hysterical:

exactly what im talking about!!!!gee who are u making fun off?blacks ,cubans or just all non _whites?

no im not a boss from up north just another driver like you only difference is im tired of some drivers and people in general using race as a crutch. there is no difference brtween you and i we both do the same job! if race played that big of a role in this you or me would not have a job. i know at our barn the percentage of black and white employees are about 60 40 to the black bieng the majority. we have no problems here at all. so like i said either deal with it or quit with that attitude your barn would probley be better off if you did quit!

we have no problems here either between ourselves!i am dealing with it.was just expressing what other drivers and myself feel .i do my job and have been doing it for a long time.but that doesnt change the fact that alot of senior drivers ,including myself keep getting screwed.

I have heard that the intent is to get single axel trucks on the major linehaul runs from the big break terminals. Pulling doubles with tandems can costs significantly more. I see everyone else out there pulling doubles with single axels.
Your right on the money!!!!! R&L management is finally getting their heads out of their azz!!!!! Maybe some day they will be a real freight company:hysterical:.........................

Miami Owl:
Hey Miami owl what do you have to say about the teams getting the "SL" trucks pulled and given older units so R&L can sell the "SL" trucks to O/O running for PFS????????????????????????? Talk about a kick in the B**LS!!!!!!!! I've had a twin and single axle sent out west... Now driving a 800,000+ mile pride of the fleet unit!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you really have a case call the ACLU or Rev. Al Sharpton maybe they can help you or help all of us get some new power units!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have heard that the intent is to get single axel trucks on the major linehaul runs from the big break terminals. Pulling doubles with tandems can costs significantly more. I see everyone else out there pulling doubles with single axels.

It does cost more. Drivers here have been getting overweight tickets lately. Pulling a set with a single as opposed to a tandem means you can get about 5000 lbs more freight on it. The extra set of brakes was nice though.

The tandems should be used for 48's only. Those you can get about 50k on.

This may become an advantage in the wintertime. If you notice, tandem dump trucks have the easiest time in the snow. Obviously that's because of axle weights.

On a single drive axle you're allowed 20k, but these PS Macks have 23k rated axles. Since most cops aren't particularly fond of weighing trucks in a snowstorm, keep your fifth wheel slid back and squat your drive tires. 10-12 inches of footprint should get you up the hills without much trouble at all.

you can kiss my *** braceface!have u seen the tv on this week?dont know what terminal its from(probably yours if u had the guts to say where ur from)but take a look and tell me what u see.nothing but macks and intl's.in 12 years,da only mack ive seen is two sleepers.i dont need to explain to you what goes on in miami.we all know what happens.btw,this is a forum board for us to speak our minds.didnt know it was censored.

I have said what terminal I work at many times you big cry baby...You can kiss my *** as well....If you want to know which terminal I work at, go through all my posts amd you will find out...Get over it driver, you are not being discriminated against...Everybody has old trucks..If you don't like it, QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or, call the "BOSSES UP NORTH AND TELL EM YOU AIN'T TAKIN NO MO"!!!!!!!

wow, you guys have been busy...
The courts are full of discimination cases, it is illegal to discriminate, and everyone knows it, and works to keep themselves out of court over it..at the same time, it is too easy a card to be played by some who feel they have been wronged...Brace is right, if you believe you have been wronged, get on the horn to corporate and say so...get their attention..
First weekend of the NFL season, and the race for the chase ends today in Richmond...Should be a fun day...getting my picks together with my wife and sons...

I have said what terminal I work at many times you big cry baby...You can kiss my *** as well....If you want to know which terminal I work at, go through all my posts amd you will find out...Get over it driver, you are not being discriminated against...Everybody has old trucks..If you don't like it, QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or, call the "BOSSES UP NORTH AND TELL EM YOU AIN'T TAKIN NO MO"!!!!!!!

why the **** would i wanna read all ur post!by the answer you gave me,its apparent where you work and what you drive!and what nationallity you are!
everydody drives old trucks?yeah ,,in miami terminal!**** you braceface,,ur one of the ones im talking about!