R&L | company(lakeland)show true colors!

wow..this thread is getting pretty intense...can't we all just get along??!!!!

seriously..my truck is a piece of crap as well and half the time the a/c doesnt work, and i can't wait till winter to see if my heater works! But, at the end of the day i have a job, and in todays economy that means everything.

I have an IMPORTANT Message for everyone. If your Tractor has a BULLDOG sitting on the Hood the rest of the truck is what came outta his A$$(A big pile of CRAP)

I have an IMPORTANT Message for everyone. If your Tractor has a BULLDOG sitting on the Hood the rest of the truck is what came outta his A$$(A big pile of CRAP)
I beg to differ. I drive a 2005 PS Vision and it has 81K on her now & i NEVER had a problem with her. I've been driving her since new too. She runs strong & rides very smooth. Some of the other drivers in my barn have your opinion, but you should see the way they take care of it & drive it.

I beg to differ. I drive a 2005 PS Vision and it has 81K on her now & i NEVER had a problem with her. I've been driving her since new too. She runs strong & rides very smooth. Some of the other drivers in my barn have your opinion, but you should see the way they take care of it & drive it.
Obviously with that low milage your tractor is not getting run hard , mine is a 2006 with 300K on it and all kinds of problems in the first 100K (Stuff like Air Compressor ,Axle Seals ) things that never should go that soon. If these Trucks are run the way the company wants they just come apart. These are not your Father's MACK's. I will agree they ride nice but that doesn't you when your broke down on a 500 plus mile linehaul run.

Just wanted to set the record straight with ya...I don't live in a trailer, I live in a Camper!!!I don't carry a rebel flag, I use one to cover the windows in my camper!!!! I didn't marry mt cousin, I had an affair with her, but it was ok with my sister/wife...Please get your facts straight....:1036316054:

ok braceface,,that one made me laugh also.this got blown out of proportion.anyway my point is i used to drive a 2005 ps and now im driving a1996 ford with a million and half miles in it.

I am a Former Fleet Mechanic and take care of my Tractor as if it were my own, I can't vouch for the other drivers they have use it

That is the only way to be.I am in my truck 11 to 12 hrs a day I am not going to drive around a trash truck you know.But some people just don't give 2 ***** but that is them not me.So in the end thats a great post........:1036316054:

ok braceface,,that one made me laugh also.this got blown out of proportion.anyway my point is i used to drive a 2005 ps and now im driving a1996 ford with a million and half miles in it.

Hi there Miami good to see that you are melow when you are on here.Thing tend to go back to the way they were it may take time or it will not take time.Is is just how you are going to make of all of this.Have a good day.

Hey man, I know what your saying....It really sucks...I think they are growing so fast, and they have to having to send the new trucks to California for the emission stuff...They just can't get enough trucks, quickly enough, so they are having to put those old Fords back into service...It happened at our terminal, we had a lot of new PT trucks, and one PS truck, had them for maybe 6 months, then every one of them was sent off out west..Needless to say the trucks they sent us were pretty much worn out...Hopefully it won't be to long that they will get some more new trucks in for us..I really don't think where they send the old trucks is a racial thing though....Your right , this thing got blown out of proportion....Have a good day!!!!:1036316054:

What this all boils down to is that the company owns a bunch of these old Fords, that are paid for, and sittin around not being used. When the man up top comes in and notices things like that, and the economy is bad, it only makes sense to run them and not buy new untill the economy picks back up. I do not want to drive one either, but when it comes down to it, we all do our part to help the company when needed.

Well, one good thing about the grass burners is you don't have to worry about bending your stack on trees, always a problem when I'm backing down somebody's 2-mile driveway.

good point wilson...reading these it sounds as if were all getting on the same page with the truck issue. at the end of the day, roll on 18 wheelers, roll on!!

One day they will see that the old fords are costing way to much money to keep fixing so like everyone said as long as the a/c works and the heat work I'll drive one.And it sucks for miami.:smilie_132: