FedEx Freight | Company Policy

glenn

TB Lurker
Credits
How many times do you guys hear your ccm talk about compny policy when it benifits the employee? We hear it when it benifits him, i have heard it so much from our ccm it makes me sick to hear him talk.

That's good ''glenn'':biglaugh:
Hate to say it but "sad but true".

glenn said:
How many times do you guys hear your ccm talk about compny policy when it benifits the employee? We hear it when it benifits him, i have heard it so much from our ccm it makes me sick to hear him talk.
Company policy never benefits anyone but the company. If it did , it would be called a contract.

Sharp as a knife, FM.....

The funny thing is, they don't enforce the policies they have now!!! Or if they do, its selective enforcement.... see FM's post today.

nobody said:

The funny thing is, they don't enforce the policies they have now!!! Or if they do, its selective enforcement.... see FM's post today.

I see it just like Nascar is, they choose what "rules" to enforce,, be it their mood, or whatever. It changes from center to center..... Who actually has the "golden book" ? Or is there one ????

We have called our ccm's bluff on some of his so called company polices and found out he is making his own rules but nothing was done about it.

I think all of them (CCM's) have their version of the rules Glenn . I have had quite a few and each one knows how to make it go the way they want , what are ya going to do ? The company will stand behind the CCM unless it is something really out of line .:nutkick:

Smokestack said:
I think all of them (CCM's) have their version of the rules Glenn . I have had quite a few and each one knows how to make it go the way they want , what are ya going to do ? The company will stand behind the CCM unless it is something really out of line .:nutkick:

Hmmmm isn't it funny how the company stands by their man (ccm). I wonder why the ccm's wont stand by there troops?:tongue0002:

all of our policies are on the freight intranet. every employee has the right to search that. ask to look around our web site. look at the policies. if its not in there, its made up for an individual center by the supervisor or manager and probably wont hold much water.

wtnmale650 said:
all of our policies are on the freight intranet. every employee has the right to search that. ask to look around our web site. look at the policies. if its not in there, its made up for an individual center by the supervisor or manager and probably wont hold much water.
You are right, but who has the time? At the hubs on a 10 min. break I have looked at those computers they have set up i can't make much of it. in the city, think the boss is going to let you look on the clock to try to figure it out? They sure can't tell you. I asked my ops supervisor to print me out a policy one time and it came out 12 pages!!! Have they written a current transportation manual? There are policies until the policy no longer applies then it is changed like the At WILL policy, WE CAN TERMINATE AT WILL WITHOUT CAUSE NOTICE REASON AT ANY TIME, if we do that it looks bad, if they do it(fedex) we are just fired. I had to sign that paper at hire. There is no more policy it is made up as conditions dictate and who you are has alot to do with it, you know the ol' who you know and who you blow deal, I won't be a part of that, I have a mirror to look in every day and I have to be a DAD to my children and a MAN to my wife I am one person and cannot lead a double life. Sorry my feelings of policy and mgt got in the way of the topic of this post its just a sore spot hope you forgive me.

mrj

I have 2 books in front of me right now .
Transportation Manual 2003
and
Associate Handbook Of FedEx Freight East Employees , Revised October 3 , 2003 .
They are the current ones I have.
All of our policies are on the freight intranet that I wish we could get on at home by logging in with our FedEX Corp ID #.

Smokestack said:
I have 2 books in front of me right now .
Transportation Manual 2003
and
Associate Handbook Of FedEx Freight East Employees , Revised October 3 , 2003 .
They are the current ones I have.
All of our policies are on the freight intranet that I wish we could get on at home by logging in with our FedEX Corp ID #.

I agree 100% smokestack. Ccm's can access anything from there home pc. I wonder when the Indians can do the same? There's way to many chief's around anyway.:tribehasspoken:

Well this is off the subject a little but our ccm brought his bass boat to work with him this morning and left early to go fishing. When i got in about an hour ago our hr man from Memphis was there he couldn't have picked a better day to pay a visit. I wonder what kind of company policy he has for his fishing trips.

Familyman said:
Tread lightly Animo, same rules still apply here.

Thanks
FM

Sorry FM, I'll start my diet tomorrow. But it is funny though. Even though I work according to the conditions of my contract, we still have Company policies and work rules posted on the bulletin board in our driver's room. And even my company (TM) will try to add/delete/change them to meet their (his)desires also.

nobody said:

Funny you guys are talking about policy.We have a guy at our yard,last man on the board, that has let it be known that he did not care who it was or what he had to do.He said,"he was going to clean house and get people fired".I know it is a no-no to threaten people but how about this joker constantly looking for people to call in on.That seems somewhat like threatening people with their jobsor better yet harassment.