Central Transport | complaint filed

It is about time here in hou i have told our tm raymond m. That a trailer has a leaking air chamber.i even left him a note to remind him.when i returned at night to do my run nothing was fixed.one time raymond tried to load a barrel of hazmat on ed from kansas with out giving him the proper paper work. told him when you get to dallas they will have the paperwork for you there.This was kept hush hush.you write up stuff thats needs repair they never fix it.seen drivers loaded with 45000 lbs with hazmat on their trailers that is our great night time dispatcher david.if you refuse to haul the trailer they will write you up and threaten to fire you.you tell raymond about things that needs repair he just ignores it.you are left with no alternative but to file a complaint with dot and give them the dates when this stuff has gone down.watch out lamar will be on here to accuse SOMEONE of being a teamster union organiser if we do not agree with his bullshit let dot invesigate truck safe

i know raymond from my days working at dugan with him.i bet he is pissing in his litter box now

Employee Workplace Rights.[/url]

Remember to pick your battles, some are just not worth the effort to fight. Pick one and fight it to the end then move on.

Damn! I definitely agree with that 100%. Maybe if we all fight for our battles (which is probably over half the company), maybe, just maybe, we'll at least get a new President of Vitran USA and some new management below that person that knows what the hell they're doing and "want" to make Vitran a better company!

Battle on Brothers and Sisters~ and remember~We Live in the USA~Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave~
:
:mf_swordfight:

Have you ever weighed a tractor and a empty van? Dude a most sleeper trucks cnd scale 45 to 46k depending on the model of truck and trailer, one of the new internationals with a wood floor 53 can scale 47 to 48. So your point is you pulled a heavy trailer? Yes I realize that you have a bunch of the new freightliners that aren't licenced for 80 but, your point is invalid. Did you know that nobody but, Pittsburg has to give the approval to fire you? Hmm managers that theaten you, why don't you call HR in Wichita or Pitt? So did you go to the truckstop and scale out that trailer or are you using trucker math and hear say? Odds are you thought it was over weight and stopping to scale it out would have just taken to much of your time right? So your diving a truck that you know is illegal and will not pass a dot inspection? Yes or No. Whom is resposible for making sure that the truck is in proper working condition? You are. So whom is guilty? Whom goes to jail and loses everthing in the end for driving that truck? You.

Day cab 15,500-17,000 depending on model. Sleeper truck: 16,500 to 20,000 (for older models) box trailer, newer 53's are about 14000(+/- 3%) according to mfg. website. So, we'll go 16,500 for our day cabs+15,000 for our newer trailers=31,500 round up to 32 for fuel,etc. So, 73280 (what most are registered at),-32=41,280 for freight. 48,500 for one registered at 80k (check registration card in the book in the door pocket, it gives that trucks registered weight).Not 45-46k. I used to pull a three axle low boy with my sleeper cab years back (a heavy tractor), that had a light weight of 43k (but we ran permits on most fo the hauls anyway).
Now-I've had loads where they left 17k off of the manifest! Once added, it was over the registered weight. They knew it, that's why they left it off. Under those circumstances, the company would get the ticket. Overweight is a pricey ticket to get!

I've noticed those hazmat bills that they hide have a Hazmat discount on them, that is whenever I am able to search through a trailer before pulling it.

As far as the weight is concerned, one thing that I do know is if you have a single axle and are pulling a van with 21,000 loaded 75% full, chances are you are over on the drives.

remember the company gets the ticket but your name is on it to. if the company fails to pay it, your license will be suspended. i and a few more of our drivers found this out doing d.o.t. inspections.make sure that the company pays that fine asap.

It's no better here on the east coast.If i did my run like some mechanics fix stuff i would have been unemployed long ago. The 3rd shift guys in pitt fix what they can but are limited on many things. 50 plus tractors there red tagged

i like when you red tag a vehicle and the mechanic or t.m. rips it off and puts it back on the road. several of our trucks have holes in flooring and they're still on the road. one of our drivers was off for a month because he got a skid/jack stuck in hole and tried to pull it out.