CON Region

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by Tired, Nov 27, 2017.

1. ConwayDSR

ConwayDSR Well-Known Member

It’s not that hard to see we’ll be the new YRC.

2. ScotchNeat

ScotchNeat Well-Known Member

My question wasn't for you, but of course you welcome to speculate. As to your response, if it's not so hard to see it, why do I fail to understand that "we'll be the new YRC?"

3. Griz

Griz Well-Known Member

Not to worry guys, it took us 8 years to become today's YRCW.

4. ROUGHBOY

ROUGHBOY Active Member

Please explain what this statement means? I need to recognize the changes so i can jump ship .I look around & discuss with other drivers about their work conditions. OD is the only carrier better compensated carrier in my area.Not counting UPS GROUND.AND I AM HOME TO SLEEP IN MY BED plus 2 days off a week

5. ConwayDSR

ConwayDSR Well-Known Member

Really simple. Everything is aging without being replaced.

Forklifts, trucks, drivers, docks including restrooms, dock plates, dock bumpers, etc..

Old trucks with few new ones. I’d even say XPO hasn’t ordered any new trucks and the new ones we’ve received are from when Con-way ordered them.

Like I’ve seen highspeeds say time and again.. it’s all about the stock price and looking good.

I’d say Jacobs is getting older and just wants to make his mighty millions before just letting it all go to :shit: and become someone else’s problem.

dalesr likes this.
  6. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

What is the value of the LTL unit by itself?

What company would want it?

Wouldn't it make sense to keep the LTL unit until AFTER the upcoming rounds of contract negotiations?

7. dalesr

dalesr Well-Known Member

While I agree that we are all doing more with less, we got five new l/h tractors this year, several forklifts and the dock repairs are done as needed. It’s just a job to me, I come to work, do the best I can for everyone involved and go home. That’s it.

upnorth, Bloodwidow and pltjack like this.
  8. Ekim

Ekim New Member

Worked my way up, college degrees managers are a good thing, but not if they cannot apply common sense. P&L only affects bonus. Well if you look at XSM THEY ARE KILLING THEIR PNL. It's a rate of pay thing. They can get a new hire in for 25-30k less.

9. Ekim

Ekim New Member

All the equipment changes are to be aligned with other trailer mfg. high cube means more space more revenue per trailer

10. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

from what we are being told CUBE does not matter they want every trailer with a min of 14500lbs on them and that's it.

11. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

Then I guess you understand that 80% of the employees don't care anymore. In the last year the morale went way down and the I don't give a :shit: attitude went way up. Most of these dockworks at FAC have that attitude and are just to lazy to get off there lift and drop decks strap freight. The powers to be see this as the great money saver but then talk about the 30% increase in damages. Maybe they should get out from behind the desk and see what really going on you know RM and higher

12. Serene Gene

Serene Gene Well-Known Member

I don't know- that seems very hard to see from over here. That's a long drop.

Our barn has added several new tractors, brand new lifts (which I never saw at CWF), and even hired a few people. Other centers are doing the same- some are still doing driving schools. The idea that they're just letting the place decay into obsolescence doesn't hold water. Not that some barns aren't being cheap, I'm sure they are when the focus is on bottom line- but I think that's a local issue, not some telling sign about XPO's overall motives.

Fly-by-night and dalesr like this.
  13. Tired

Tired New Member

We heard XTH scm is gone.

14. RoadHouse

RoadHouse Member

Yes, XTH SCM resigned last week. That is 5 SCM changes in the Indianapolis region in the last year.

15. LTLIndentured

LTLIndentured Well-Known Member

What can they do? Fire you? 5 carriers down the road will hire you next day. Don’t live in fear, make a change and be happy:)

16. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

You think any of those carriers are millennial free ?

Big Dave likes this.
  17. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

Others have kind broken the ice here. And we are all dying to know. So, how long until you quit or are fired ? Seems like an interesting time to be in your position.

icuicp likes this.
  18. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

When a Terminal Manager is replaced , is XPO promoting from within or are they hiring from outside?

If they are hiring from outside , where are they getting new managers from? YRCW companies , ABF , R&L , Old Dominion , Saia , UPS Freight , or any of the regional freight companies?

Also , if XPO Logistics hires from another company , I'm guessing the new manager didn't have a no-compete-clause.

sucker666 likes this.
  19. RoadHouse

RoadHouse Member

** Yes, there are some (limited) internal promotions but just look around the system and you'll see new faces from outside. If all promotions came from within, XPO would not be able to reduce the salaries that were started under Con-way.
    ** Managers are coming from other carriers but not just one in particular. I have seen new managers come from YRC, FedEx, ABF, and Central Transport in particular.
    ** Yes, all new salaried employees (FOS on up) must sign their non-compete agreement, regardless of whether they are an internal promotion or hired from the outside. In talking with several who have left (or been asked to leave), the agreements are more restrictive the higher the position. Basically, plan on not working the first 6 months unless you're flipping burgers or saying "Welcome to Wal-Mart." And yes, BJ has gone after several former employees who he felt violated the agreement.

20. LTLIndentured

LTLIndentured Well-Known Member

Nope