XPO | CON Region

Add XDE lost their newly-promoted FAC MGR. Quit this week......

A0BFFxr.jpg

New policy as of today: New terminal managers will be confined to their home terminal for the first year. Ankle bracelets with GPS tracking will be assigned when permission is given to leave the property.

Thank you for your cooperation.
- Bradley Jacobs

A0BFFxr.jpg

New policy as of today: New terminal managers will be confined to their home terminal for the first year. Ankle bracelets with GPS tracking will be assigned when permission is given to leave the property.

Thank you for your cooperation.
- Bradley Jacobs
Lol

Work for Estes in Kokomo. Terminal was only open a few months. Our manager jetted and went to XPO to be the manager @ XCM.
When a Terminal Manager is replaced , is XPO promoting from within or are they hiring from outside?

If they are hiring from outside , where are they getting new managers from? YRCW companies , ABF , R&L , Old Dominion , Saia , UPS Freight , or any of the regional freight companies?

Also , if XPO Logistics hires from another company , I'm guessing the new manager didn't have a no-compete-clause.

Add XDE lost their newly-promoted FAC MGR. Quit this week......

He wasn't new, He's been at XDE for 18 or 19 years as one of the FOMs. ( He was previously a fos in XPN ) He's been the daytime FOM for the past 15 years or so. He was switched to nights due to a pissing match the the SCM. So he quit

He wasn't new, He's been at XDE for 18 or 19 years as one of the FOMs. ( He was previously a fos in XPN ) He's been the daytime FOM for the past 15 years or so. He was switched to nights due to a pissing match the the SCM. So he quit

That's half the story. The other half is his business, so I won't discuss it. But there was more to it than just that. He'd been in plenty of pissing matches before, don't make this man sound like a kitty.

Multiple TM openings across the system. Our FOM had to sign a non-compete so he is stuck...otherwise, he'd be gone. Too many good people with years of experience being shown the door which does not make sense. Unless they are bringing people in at lower salaries because we know that they will not have the same PTO or 401K plans after they changed those in 2017. Our new TM is swimming.....haven't seen the sharks circling yet but we wish our old TM was back.

Multiple TM openings across the system. Our FOM had to sign a non-compete so he is stuck...otherwise, he'd be gone. Too many good people with years of experience being shown the door which does not make sense. Unless they are bringing people in at lower salaries because we know that they will not have the same PTO or 401K plans after they changed those in 2017. Our new TM is swimming.....haven't seen the sharks circling yet but we wish our old TM was back.
It’s all about doing EVERYTHING on the cheap.

Has anybody from xpo heard of letting somebody rebid at their terminal 2 days after they bid because they made mistake

Nope....once it's submitted and the next person has bid, it's supposed to be done. The only rebids that I am familiar with are in cases of operational changes. Loss of business, gained business, LH changes....something that drastically altered what the drivers were able to bid on when bids were submitted.

Nope....once it's submitted and the next person has bid, it's supposed to be done. The only rebids that I am familiar with are in cases of operational changes. Loss of business, gained business, LH changes....something that drastically altered what the drivers were able to bid on when bids were submitted.
There is no rebid. That's why we have to bid every job, LH and city and every time. When something changes all they do is go back to those sheets. That why I always say after you turn in your bid sheet your seniority means nothing

There is no rebid. That's why we have to bid every job, LH and city and every time. When something changes all they do is go back to those sheets. That why I always say after you turn in your bid sheet your seniority means nothing

Correct, unless there is a drastic change. We have rebid at two different locations that I worked at. One was due to a new terminal opening up which changed our LH bids and the other was when they made changes to the LH plan and we lost our daytime runs. In both cases, we rebid. If there are adjustments made to start times due to normal changes within the operation, they go back to the bid sheets to make the adjustments. That's where our seniority comes into play.....we should always hold the highest spot on our bid sheet that our seniority permits.