XPO | Con-way being sold.

Triplex

Experienced stalker
PREMIUM
Credits
Shares up over 35% in after hours trading

ok5G4NL.jpg

I didn't want to speculate earlier... But I had a feeling we were going down this road.

THIS is why they were hellbent on pushing lean.
Why would conway sell out? They seem to be doing well, but have been hearing rumors for awhile they were looking to sell. Were there internal problems that weren't apparent looking from the outside?

Why would conway sell out? They seem to be doing well, but have been hearing rumors for awhile they were looking to sell. Were there internal problems that weren't apparent looking from the outside?
No more so than any other company. There were only two major ltl carriers that were not part of a logistics group. It was only a matter of time before one was bought.

The owners of Con-way are the shareholders. For a 35% instant gain in the share price wouldn't you consider selling also?
Yep. Great day to be a shareholder or investor. 30 percent increase on share price? It's a no brainer.

No more so than any other company. There were only two major ltl carriers that were not part of a logistics group. It was only a matter of time before one was bought.
Been reading up on xpo and the deal sounds like it makes sense. Never heard of them but they're a really big outfit and they sound like this has been well thought out.

Been reading up on xpo and the deal sounds like it makes sense. Never heard of them but they're a really big outfit and they sound like this has been well thought out.
Me too. They are in a fantastic financial position, seem like a well managed forwarder. Very diversified. Maybe they will come in and stop some of this madness and stupidity we have all seen.

I guess doing good depends on your definition of doing good. At my barn, XLX, things ain't so good and we were expecting something like this, to quiet since new president takes office.

Upnorth , our stock has struggled next to other LTL companies that are similar to us. I've said it before and I'll say it again: our upper management should be called out on their numbers - our stock price can't seem to stay above $50 a share. For years our only strategy seemed to be waiting on our competition to go out of business. Our strategy now is based on LEAN. Meanwhile , we have some of the best drivers and equipment , can we get the leadership and strategy to go with it? I hope so!