Yellow | Con-Way being sold.

Fellas. All they have told us is all you have read in the media. The guy bought Con-way. No one knows his intentions, yet. What has he done to other companies he has bought in the past ? He has let the drivers go and offered them their jobs back as independent contractors.

That is with small companies with a few hundred drivers. This is a very large fleet. It will be different just in size and scope. Will it actually be any different ? Well, we will find out quick enough. This guy moves fast. And he ain't done buying.
Stay optimistic, look at the big picture, the sky isn't falling. He isn't going to make Con-way O/O's. Best of Luck to all involved.

I hear you no one was saying that they were going to make them Owner O perators !! It was someone one else getting all confused (Wongway) and to tell you the thruth really all XPO wanted was the Menlo Logistics , the tried to buy them a few years ago and now. They ended up buying the whole shabang maybe they will stick with it or down the road they may just sell out the ltl no one knows just my thoughts

I hear you no one was saying that they were going to make them Owner O perators !! It was someone one else getting all confused (Wongway) and to tell you the thruth really all XPO wanted was the Menlo Logistics , the tried to buy them a few years ago and now. They ended up buying the whole shabang maybe they will stick with it or down the road they may just sell out the ltl no one knows just my thoughts
Maybe YRC will buy them at a sale price.

Elwood, stop and think about the seriousness of this issue. YRC needs bodies and new equipment. OPX, will have a company they do not want and YRC will have a need. Then there will be more Teamsters, just like that. WHO Knows, I did read where it says, "opx will increase their broker platform. That may have meant something else, maybe not. Time will Tell. Get some funds out of the Caymans, if you will, Please.

Elwood, stop and think about the seriousness of this issue. YRC needs bodies and new equipment. OPX, will have a company they do not want and YRC will have a need. Then there will be more Teamsters, just like that. WHO Knows, I did read where it says, "opx will increase their broker platform. That may have meant something else, maybe not. Time will Tell. Get some funds out of the Caymans, if you will, Please.

I have, I see some sort of poetic justice/weird karma effect in motion. Double-breasting of the non regionals created pre-Conway. Yellow, Roadway and ABF absorbing the abused CF employees that they could. It all comes full circle if they then became members of our remaining 'family,' and began paying dues.

IF there were a dismantling of Conway L/H and equipment became available, it might be a great opportunity for YRC to improve their fleet. I cannot see local P&D being eliminated, but following the model of FEDEX Ground, nothing is out of bounds.

Sadly, the majority of the Cayman funds were withdrawn right after YRC Q2 results were revealed. The BoD invested in Conway stock on a hunch and all will soon be announcing retirement and/or new opportunities (at OPX) as a result of their investments.

How many drinks did you have before you posted this???? OPX????

Reactions: ESP
Going to squeeze out another 200 million in profits from conways ltl opperation? So a company with no ltl experience is going to put a fresh set of eyes and improve conways profitability by leaps and bounds? Conway has always ran a pretty tight ship. So good luck with that!!
I'm thinking the new owners think the current employees at Conway make too much money? Pay cuts on the way?

I'm thinking the new owners think the current employees at Conway make too much money? Pay cuts on the way?
Just curious, not looking for an argument by no means. Why would you think or say that ? Speaking for myself, I don't know anything about XPO, I never even heard of them until Triplex posted this Thread.

Just curious, not looking for an argument by no means. Why would you think or say that ? Speaking for myself, I don't know anything about XPO, I never even heard of them until Triplex posted this Thread.
Conway is a LEAN machine. Where else would they make cuts? I hope it doesn't happen. I know what its like to work under a 15% pay cut. .lol

How many drinks did you have before you posted this???? OPX????

Dyslexics of the world UNTIE!!

e1I1pQB.jpg

Conway is a LEAN machine. Where else would they make cuts? I hope it doesn't happen. I know what its like to work under a 15% pay cut. .lol
What makes you think and say there will be cuts ? Why would XPO need to upset the apple cart. I'm sorry, I'm just not a crepe hanger. I agree with post # 115.

I would say that with what little info is out on this whole deal, is ask your question a year from now....
Big R Guy, respectfully, you know what lies ahead for them. I've been driving for almost 28 years and I've seen this over and over again. Personally, I hope nothing changes for the hard working men and women of Conway Freight. But I doubt it.