Con-way change....

NorthTXcon-way

TB Veteran
Credits
Any CFI drivers out there? Has there been any big changes for you guys? Have they shown you any Con-way videos yet? Is anybody bleeding blue?

The only change I've seen so far is that my miles have dropped off, And loads have gotten shorter, Just hope i can survive the change over!! They keep telling me IT's GOING TO GET ALOT BETTER!!! Been hearing that line from them for over 15yrs.
Haven't seen no videos Don't know anything about anything and If someone knows they aint talking...Just another mushroom

Its going to get alot better.Yeah sure for the high ups in the company ranks(managment).I hear all the ads on xm and hear what the drivers have been told.This is the same garbage they had told us at the ltl level some 15yrs ago.Conway is good at putting spin on what they tell you.They will **** in your face and tell you its raining.Pretty soon Conway will start running the truckload division the way they want.So dont hold your breath on all this gonna get better bs.Just look at all the changes they have done in ltl.

Well If Con-Way wants to try and run the truckload div. their way then they paid way to much for CFI 275 mil. 10 times more then it is worth. They paid to learn to do things our way! That's why the Con-way drivers are mad as hell at us, but what they fail to realize is CFI didn't do anything to them Con-Way did it to them..:hysterical:
CFI is just a name now! Not a company. and that will be gone after the first of the year.

:nutkick: TZ

Well If Con-Way wants to try and run the truckload div. their way then they paid way to much for CFI 275 mil. 10 times more then it is worth. They paid to learn to do things our way! That's why the Con-way drivers are mad as hell at us, but what they fail to realize is CFI didn't do anything to them Con-Way did it to them..:hysterical:
CFI is just a name now! Not a company. and that will be gone after the first of the year.

I aint mad at anyone. Like you said con-way did it to their own...their fellow owners. Good luck to you guys, hope things turn out well for you.

Try 750 million

Is it true that CFI drivers have to get there hazmat/and dbls thats just what i heard it from other conway drivers ....

not any more you are now owned by an ltl company that will use you how they see fit.
IE: pulling 53's or pulling 28' trailers.
I heard the same thing, Brutus that is why i ask if they will need to get there hazmat and dbls endorsment don't want to stat nothing because this is not my company just woundering thanks..............:smilie_132:

You may be right!! 15+ years here and on a first name bases with Pres.and C.E.O. Herb I don't know much about anything. Thats why I'm listening to a bunch of ltl drivers who know it all! So I can learn how to do my new JOB...OTR drivers are a dumb lot you know...

You may be right!! 15+ years here and on a first name bases with Pres.and C.E.O. Herb I don't know much about anything. Thats why I'm listening to a bunch of ltl drivers who know it all! So I can learn how to do my new JOB...OTR drivers are a dumb lot you know...
no ever said you were dumb. but when con-way bought CFI you became a LTL/TL company and con-way will do want they want when they want and if they want you to pull doubles and haz-mat you will be doing just that. the pres of cfi might not be in charge after the first of the year and then again he might be who knows but i do know cfi's have been seen pulling pups.

Update: checked with my people in OPS. No CFI ever pulled pups.
But things never stay the same.. who knows what the future may bring.
Never thought I'd be working for Con-Way either. But we are truck-load not Ltl. And CFI will be gone first of the year, Make Way For The New And Improved Con-Way truckload Carrier.......Whoop De Do Kiddies

Update: checked with my people in OPS. No CFI ever pulled pups.
But things never stay the same.. who knows what the future may bring.
Never thought I'd be working for Con-Way either. But we are truck-load not Ltl. And CFI will be gone first of the year, Make Way For The New And Improved Con-Way truckload Carrier.......Whoop De Do Kiddies

Wouldn't that be...Con-Way truckload Carrier III...?