Con-way change....

Update: checked with my people in OPS. No CFI ever pulled pups.
But things never stay the same.. who knows what the future may bring.
Never thought I'd be working for Con-Way either. But we are truck-load not Ltl. And CFI will be gone first of the year, Make Way For The New And Improved Con-Way truckload Carrier.......Whoop De Do Kiddies

i just saw 2 CFI trucks pulling 2 pups last week, mostly 53' trailers but i did see them, i also know a dispatcher at con-way and those trucks came out of there terminal. i am out west

non conway drivers

waassuupp with all you non conway drivers here giving ur two cents worth? thought this was a conway/ex cfi now conway trk load site??:biglaugh::biglaugh::smilie_132:

Question, are Conway Truckoad Drivers required to wear a uniform? Is there an apperance policy? Just getting some info for a friend...

I know here at UPS Freight, our Truckload guys don't pull our LTL pups, they are stricly 53' dry box, some flatbed, and reefer on occasion...They operate as a separate division, some of them don't even have UPS uniforms...

No we don't wear uniforms...and NO we don't haul pups. That needs an endorsement on your CDL we don't have. YES they do ask for a clean and neat appearance...But some drivers think a small dog is a rottweiler too....:hysterical:

I was being followed by a CFI/ Truckload truck a few days ago. (I was in the Conway Freight Truck) and the driver never passed me. My question is; Are the truckload trucks stuck on 62 like ours? And we were on an open highway.

Are the truckload trucks stuck on 62 like ours?

Nope - 65 mph for CWTL tractors... CFI trucks were at 70; "legacy" CWTL Volvos were 67. . . some FM's are promoting not driving hammer-down, saying it doesn't give you that little extra speed you may need, and it burns more fuel...

I've read a few posts on our driver's web-site saying their fuel economy actually went down.

Question, are Conway Truckoad Drivers required to wear a uniform? Is there an apperance policy? Just getting some info for a friend...

I know here at UPS Freight, our Truckload guys don't pull our LTL pups, they are stricly 53' dry box, some flatbed, and reefer on occasion...They operate as a separate division, some of them don't even have UPS uniforms...
No there is no apperance code for CFI drivers. I see these guys and gals walking or trying to walk acrosse my dock some of them are so fat they cant even get in they're truck without breaking a sweat and thats no joke! As far as a uniform goes i think a MULLET is the only dress code they have! Some of you CFI guys should be ashamed of your selves! Have a little self control at meal time and practice a little personal hygiene.

No there is no apperance code for CFI drivers. I see these guys and gals walking or trying to walk acrosse my dock some of them are so fat they cant even get in they're truck without breaking a sweat and thats no joke! As far as a uniform goes i think a MULLET is the only dress code they have! Some of you CFI guys should be ashamed of your selves! Have a little self control at meal time and practice a little personal hygiene.
:hysterical::hysterical: Dammit driver!!!!

next time get a picture ... an authentic picture.
I'll buy a copy for a dollar, as long as it's not photoshopped, since such a photo doesn't exist. We don't pull doubles. Con-way Freight has some sleeper Volvos that they use for team runs, but that has nothing to do with the truckload division.

People seem to get a little confused, but we're talking about two separate companies. The old Con-way Truckload never pulled doubles and neither does the new Con-way Truckload (CFI).

You are right. Those are the LTL team linehaul tractors. Not many locations have them so people probably think they are TL's pulling sets.:biglaugh: I bet the sightings weren't the big red Kenworths.

Are things getting really SLOW ??? I saw a guy and a gal, both solo, sitting in El Paso for 2 days or longer... ?? I was doing a 34 restart. The Petro had a LOT of CFI trucks sitting there. Is it freight?

El Paso is a bad place to be on a weekend. If in fact you saw people there for two days, which would be highly unusual, I'm guessing that it was on a weekend.

Personally, I haven't seen a drop in my miles, but I have seen a slight increase in the number of Con-way linehaul loads that I've pulled over the last couple of weeks. As long as my miles are good, I don't ask a lot of questions. I do suspect that we're getting a little less freight from outside sources and using Con-way and Menlo to fill in the gaps though. Works for me. A mile is a mile in my little world. In that sense I guess it's nice to be a part of the whole Con-way deal.