Con-way change....

Discussion in 'Con-Way Truckload' started by NorthTXcon-way, Sep 3, 2007.

1. scarab35

scarab35 Member

yeah.... third time's a charm!!:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: --:boat:

2. bullwagon

bullwagon Active Member

i just saw 2 CFI trucks pulling 2 pups last week, mostly 53' trailers but i did see them, i also know a dispatcher at con-way and those trucks came out of there terminal. i am out west

3. SQUARE HEAD

SQUARE HEAD Member

non conway drivers

waassuupp with all you non conway drivers here giving ur two cents worth? thought this was a conway/ex cfi now conway trk load site??:biglaugh::biglaugh::smilie_132:

4. UPSFreightDUId

UPSFreightDUId Member

Question, are Conway Truckoad Drivers required to wear a uniform? Is there an apperance policy? Just getting some info for a friend...

I know here at UPS Freight, our Truckload guys don't pull our LTL pups, they are stricly 53' dry box, some flatbed, and reefer on occasion...They operate as a separate division, some of them don't even have UPS uniforms...

5. TZ Williams

TZ Williams Member

No we don't wear uniforms...and NO we don't haul pups. That needs an endorsement on your CDL we don't have. YES they do ask for a clean and neat appearance...But some drivers think a small dog is a rottweiler too....:hysterical:

6. NorthTXcon-way

NorthTXcon-way Active Member

I was being followed by a CFI/ Truckload truck a few days ago. (I was in the Conway Freight Truck) and the driver never passed me. My question is; Are the truckload trucks stuck on 62 like ours? And we were on an open highway.

7. calmar_1955

calmar_1955 New Member

Nope - 65 mph for CWTL tractors... CFI trucks were at 70; "legacy" CWTL Volvos were 67. . . some FM's are promoting not driving hammer-down, saying it doesn't give you that little extra speed you may need, and it burns more fuel...

I've read a few posts on our driver's web-site saying their fuel economy actually went down.

8. cobraboy

cobraboy New Member

No there is no apperance code for CFI drivers. I see these guys and gals walking or trying to walk acrosse my dock some of them are so fat they cant even get in they're truck without breaking a sweat and thats no joke! As far as a uniform goes i think a MULLET is the only dress code they have! Some of you CFI guys should be ashamed of your selves! Have a little self control at meal time and practice a little personal hygiene.

9. shoeman

shoeman Modulator

:hysterical::hysterical: Dammit driver!!!!

10. zathlon

zathlon Member

2 times I saw a CFI truck hauling conway doubles, and that is fact.

11. wonderring99

wonderring99 Well-Known Member

next time get a picture ... an authentic picture.

12. vitocorleone99

vitocorleone99 New Member

I'll buy a copy for a dollar, as long as it's not photoshopped, since such a photo doesn't exist. We don't pull doubles. Con-way Freight has some sleeper Volvos that they use for team runs, but that has nothing to do with the truckload division.

People seem to get a little confused, but we're talking about two separate companies. The old Con-way Truckload never pulled doubles and neither does the new Con-way Truckload (CFI).

13. mndrvr

mndrvr New Member

You are right. Those are the LTL team linehaul tractors. Not many locations have them so people probably think they are TL's pulling sets.:biglaugh: I bet the sightings weren't the big red Kenworths.

14. yellownot

yellownot New Member

Are things getting really SLOW ??? I saw a guy and a gal, both solo, sitting in El Paso for 2 days or longer... ?? I was doing a 34 restart. The Petro had a LOT of CFI trucks sitting there. Is it freight?

15. vitocorleone99

vitocorleone99 New Member

El Paso is a bad place to be on a weekend. If in fact you saw people there for two days, which would be highly unusual, I'm guessing that it was on a weekend.

Personally, I haven't seen a drop in my miles, but I have seen a slight increase in the number of Con-way linehaul loads that I've pulled over the last couple of weeks. As long as my miles are good, I don't ask a lot of questions. I do suspect that we're getting a little less freight from outside sources and using Con-way and Menlo to fill in the gaps though. Works for me. A mile is a mile in my little world. In that sense I guess it's nice to be a part of the whole Con-way deal.

16. shadowcaster

shadowcaster New Member

we where using truckload volvos to pull pups out of our barn for sometime...drivers where using them to practice for tdc.