XPO | Con-Way did we get sold

cheezcutter

TB Lurker
Credits
lots of chatter around the northeast that we got sold to DHL same as always but some guys heard it on the satellite trucking channel just wondering whats goin on

cheezcutter said:
lots of chatter around the northeast that we got sold to DHL same as always but some guys heard it on the satellite trucking channel just wondering whats goin on
not sure whats going on. heard the feds have frozen the pension.

yea i dont know either and our" house mouse" and i dont see eye to eye so although hes first with the gossip he dont share it with me but lots of guys are runnin scared to start off the weekend.

cheezcutter said:
yea i dont know either and our" house mouse" and i dont see eye to eye so although hes first with the gossip he dont share it with me but lots of guys are runnin scared to start off the weekend.
The good news is if DHL bought us, we wouldn't have to worry about being co-owners anymore! That is so much pressure!:Pick-Me:

cheezcutter said:

I heard rumblings that Conway was mentioned on satellite channel. Did anyone happen to hear what was said?

demize said:
I heard rumblings that Conway was mentioned on satellite channel. Did anyone happen to hear what was said?
Thing were head on cnbc and other out lets.I haven't seen anything on the net yet.

cheezcutter said:

Keep in mind CNW is a publicly traded company. They can't sell without a majority vote from the shareholders. Believe me, you will know when/if it happens.

RoadRage76 said:
Keep in mind CNW is a publicly traded company. They can't sell without a majority vote from the shareholders. Believe me, you will know when/if it happens.
the majority of the shares are in the directors hands......so all the employees could vote against and it could still go through.............HEHE at the hotdog salesmen joke!:Banane01:

Croz98gt said:
the majority of the shares are in the directors hands......so all the employees could vote against and it could still go through.............HEHE at the hotdog salesmen joke!:Banane01:
Not really.

RoadRage76 said:
They sold conway now, I don't remember
voting on that one:ohmy:

But why would they start to make over all there equipment if they know there going to sell? Why not leave the tractor/trailers white and let DHL or whoever paint there own colors?

YOUNGBLOOD said:
But why would they start to make over all there equipment if they know there going to sell? Why not leave the tractor/trailers white and let DHL or whoever paint there own colors?
because that would make sense......lol:pirate2:

YOUNGBLOOD said:

Buying equipment isn't like buying 1 new car. If they ordered this equipment and the changes then im sure they are obligated to take deliver on a certain number of units. Maybe they did all of this prior to any "buyout".

Watkins was getting new trucks all year and now they have to be repainted so dont let the makeover on the equipment make you think that a buyout isn't in the works.

As for being a public company all you will hear for now is rumors even if its on the radio. I am sure due to federal trade regulations they will not disclose any information unless it's pretty much a done deal.

As for looking like Hotdog Salesmen I think you would look more like Ronald McDonald. If the DHL rumor is true I think you boys will look so cute in the new suits. :owned:

enronintheworks said:
not sure whats going on. heard the feds have frozen the pension.

you mean they froze whats left of it!!!
A driver I spoke to this mourning out of ohio said he heard that on cnbc.

Who knows what is going on here. I am curious to find out what this October meeting is all about. We shall see...

My Response would be "Who Cares if we've been sold..." New uniforms, new name, new bosses... Ok, so now what? We're still gonna do the things we do every day just the same, we will pick up freight, Crossdock freight and then deliver freight... If they don't mess with the paycheck I don't care who writes it... If it says Con-way, DHL, Fedex, UPS... What does it matter really?