XPO | Con-way for sale?

DragRacer

******* Jockey
Credits
Disclaimer: The following is purely hearsay, and does not necessarily represent what was actually said or what actually happened.

C.F. Southern president Phil W. supposedly visited Jacksonville Tuesday and had a meeting with drivers. In this meeting he (again, SUPPOSEDLY) said that Con-way was for sale.

Take this for what it's worth. I wasn't there, I didn't hear it for myself, you get the idea. I don't even know if Phil ever actually was in J-ville. This just might have been conjured up by a creative NJV DSR. This was reported by one of our linehaul guys that heard it from an NJV guy. Who knows.....

Being that Conway is a publicly traded company, I find it highly unlikely that a person of his status would be making such announcements, either in a group or on on one.

If somehow Conway was sold and some of the employees who were present purchased stock on his revelations, this could be constituted as insider trading.

Now there are always rumors and sometimes those rumors have legs, but under these circumstances, I would not put much validity to it.

However, as Popano said, everything is for sale for the right price and the Conway sales reps have been running their flaps since the UPS purchase that Conway is trying to position themselves to be bought out by DHL.

Who knows ??

Friend of the frog said:
Being that Conway is a publicly traded company, I find it highly unlikely that a person of his status would be making such announcements, either in a group or on on one.

If somehow Conway was sold and some of the employees who were present purchased stock on his revelations, this could be constituted as insider trading.

Now there are always rumors and sometimes those rumors have legs, but under these circumstances, I would not put much validity to it.

However, as Popano said, everything is for sale for the right price and the Conway sales reps have been running their flaps since the UPS purchase that Conway is trying to position themselves to be bought out by DHL.

Who knows ??
then they'll have to rebrand everything DHL Freight, I think I should invest in the decal business!

FM

Every publicly traded company is for sale. That's what buying shares is all about.

It is highly unlikely that any management person would release that type of information to the driver force.

It serves no purpose.

It causes all sorts of rumors that once the customer base gets a hold of, negativley affects business. And the share value.

I should know. We just went through it at Jevic. Happy to say that business levels are robust after our announcement.

Lot's of fun to speculate on the goings on of companies, but time after time after time, the rumor mill is proven to be false.

Then all of the sudden out of nowhere, Yellow buys Roadway, Fedex buys Watkins etc etc...

DragRacer said:
Disclaimer: The following is purely hearsay, and does not necessarily represent what was actually said or what actually happened.

C.F. Southern president Phil W. supposedly visited Jacksonville Tuesday and had a meeting with drivers. In this meeting he (again, SUPPOSEDLY) said that Con-way was for sale.

Take this for what it's worth. I wasn't there, I didn't hear it for myself, you get the idea. I don't even know if Phil ever actually was in J-ville. This just might have been conjured up by a creative NJV DSR. This was reported by one of our linehaul guys that heard it from an NJV guy. Who knows.....
i have heardthe same thing from a ups freight driver. he said that they had a meeting with a region manger and it was said that within 2 years we would be bought out. and that we would be ups biggest comp. but only beleave it when you see it with your own eyes.