XPO | Con-way freight sucks!! please reply

I don't think they will change anything when it comes to ot, not that they wouldn't like to but it would stir up a hornets nest and TALK would strart up again.

I think if they were to change the OT policy and make it after 40 for the whole company and adjust for cost of living, I believe the "talk" as you call it would go away.

I think if they were to change the OT policy and make it after 40 for the whole company and adjust for cost of living, I believe the "talk" as you call it would go away.

As I feel the reasons for "talk" run much much deeper than pay/ot, I would agree most in the south would quietly forget.....

Yeah, I meant if they raise it on central up to 45 or 50 before you get overtime.

The "u-word". Using those g.d. friggin' substitues for the real thing makes us sound like a bunch of a-holes :kickedoutsmile:

I have no problem using the un#"+ word. Its the problem of the folks I work with that screamed we need a change that didn't show up for the meeting.

By the way, WHAT EXACTLY IS IT THAT YOU DO IN THE FREIGHT WORLD????? Don't be bashful, don't be shy, I am a driver and I am so curious to know what you do for a living. Please share.

I am a CFO of a corporation in the LTL industry. That corporation provides services to several LTL carriers.

Deadbeat, (I'm sure the name is apropos)

I was answering radman's question, not attempting to impress anybody.

Deadbeat, (I'm sure the name is apropos)

I was answering radman's question, not attempting to impress anybody.
He works for one of those 3PL's that are destroying our industry. Didn't know that the duties of a CFO was to troll the internet message boards, acting as a complete know-it-all jerk, and pushing your agenda onto people. Interesting.

He works for one of those 3PL's that are destroying our the industry. Didn't know that the duties of a CFO was to troll the internet message boards, acting as a complete know-it-all jerk, and pushing your agenda onto people. Interesting.

Hey slim, 3PLs and 4PLs are changing the industry not destroying it. Further I didn't realize the industry belonged to anyone.

There's a ton I don't know, and nobody is under any obligation to accept my opinions. I'm here to share them once in awhile. I'd hardly call that pushing an agenda onto anyone.

As to the duties of this CFO, I get them done and from time to time I come here for a bit of insight and entertainment. Pre internet I had to rely on the suggestion boxes and bathroom walls.

Have a wonderful day :)

Hey slim, 3PLs and 4PLs are changing the industry not destroying it. Further I didn't realize the industry belonged to anyone.

There's a ton I don't know, and nobody is under any obligation to accept my opinions. I'm here to share them once in awhile. I'd hardly call that pushing an agenda onto anyone.

As to the duties of this CFO, I get them done and from time to time I come here for a bit of insight and entertainment. Pre internet I had to rely on the suggestion boxes and bathroom walls.

Have a wonderful day :)
You aren't changing it for the good. Leeching off of the freight charges isn't good for the industry. You con customers into thinking that they would be better to go through you to find a carrier when all they had to do was pick up the phone and call us direct. You are the middleman that everyone always wants to cut out. A leech, a parasite. And you waste customer's and driver's time at pickups because nobody knows what freight is supposed to go on who. The shipping clerks don't like you people any more than the carriers do.

You aren't changing it for the good. Leeching off of the freight charges isn't good for the industry. You con customers into thinking that they would be better to go through you to find a carrier when all they had to do was pick up the phone and call us direct. You are the middleman that everyone always wants to cut out. A leech, a parasite. And you waste customer's and driver's time at pickups because nobody knows what freight is supposed to go on who. The shipping clerks don't like you people any more than the carriers do.

A lot of shippers use a 3rd party..They may not know how freight works, but depend on that logistics company to get their freight from point A to point B..It's worry free for the shipper.. a lot of stuff goes out of the country.

But why would the LTL even care, just as long as the 3pl uses them to move the freight part, or all of the way. Con-way doesn't care who hires them, just as long as they gain some revenue.

It helps keep you and me in a job. If a shipper is paying too much, that is THERE problem.

I have no problem using the un#"+ word. Its the problem of the folks I work with that screamed we need a change that didn't show up for the meeting.

I've only been with this company for a year and a half, and the two big issues I have are pay and ot, what are some other issues that folks would like to see change? I just want to see what other folks are thinking and see where I fall in the opinions.

Just quoting the previous guy. Nobody wants to be censored for using the "third party" name.

The "u-word". Using those g.d. friggin' substitues for the real thing makes us sound like a bunch of a-holes :kickedoutsmile:

I've only been with this company for a year and a half, and the two big issues I have are pay and ot, what are some other issues that folks would like to see change? I just want to see what other folks are thinking and see where I fall in the opinions.

There has been a lot of talk about the union and the teamsters for the last several months...Why not mention it now??

having a voice and better benefits.