XPO | Con-Way Freight Workers in Texas Join Teamsters Local 657

That is a complete lie. I am in the CSPF. You don't need to lie to me.

i dont believe you for a second, IF your vested, you will get what you earned. you seem to play a lot of word games, and the way you talk of getting nothing, i think your on a break in service and thats how you justify saying you wont get anything from it.

prove me wrong, what coke barn, what local, who was your ba?

I am only due $375 a month. And with 30 years to go. It will be gone. Way to many drawing on far to few putting in. Plus the fun and games YRC has been playing with it. Only 25% a year. And they have delayed interest payments to the fund. I know you have read up on that. It's all over the YRC boards.

25% of a pension > 401k

I live in Pa. & my pension is fine im under 2 different plans I wont tell you what I have in my rip plan because you wont believe me & my 2nd one im entitled to $1,800 a month & I have 20+ years to add to that. So don't come on here trying to scare people when you have no clue of what you are posting....

I'm not saying pensions are bad, just that companies cant' afford to keep them funded. It bankrupts them.

I know UPS is fine, but they don't have all the competition that LTL has.

Seriously? I've been with conway over 23 years I never once felt like I had to look over my shoulder, what a load of crap I go to work do my job and take care of my family. Keep telling those stories of how awful a job is cause you have to work five day's a week, poor fellas, and the docks hot and hours are long, boo hoo I hear burger king might be hiring.

and the 401k will NEVER see enough money from conway workers, or anywhere else. do some quick math, instead of berating pension funds. it seems that everyone should be dumping 10-15% of their earnings into them, and no one does that. a lot of people dont even contribute at all.

the nation is facing a retirement crisis because everyone bought into the 401k sham. you think these 401k retirees are greeters at walmart because they like it? its because theyre broke.

go ask a guy who retired off Central States Pension what he gets with a full pension. i doubt most 401k participants are saving that much.
They got theirs when the getting was good. It's not like that anymore..

How would it cost you money? What it is gonna do is let a man come to work and be productive without always looking over his shoulder, give them the confidence in their employment!! Knowing that the smallest little thing is not going to effect their job!! Being able to come to work and do their job knowing they will be treated fair and respectful!!! Why does that bother you so much?? Everyone will have the same confidence as you now, a level playing field so to speak!!! Maybe that's the issue, I don't know??? Congrats Laredo!!!

Work rules could cost me and a lot of others money. And nobody is looking over their shoulder..

Everybody is being treated fairly..Everybody is coming to work and getting what they agreed on when they started. Ot after 8 would be a good thing and I think it needs to be company-wide, but it will come when the money is there.

Your not sore are you ??? Sounds to me like your really taking your loss really hard. The way i see it, you win some and then you win some more! On to California !!

It does bother me, your right. I feel like I don't want to be a slave to a labor union. I like the free enterprise system. It keeps companies strong. You take the good with the bad. I got to hand it to ya'll, you pulled this one off..but you aint won the war yet.. we'll see. I have to face it, one day, I may be forced to become a Teamster, but I don't think they could make it worth it for me. Not in this day and age or business..

Seriously? I've been with conway over 23 years I never once felt like I had to look over my shoulder, what a load of crap I go to work do my job and take care of my family. Keep telling those stories of how awful a job is cause you have to work five day's a week, poor fellas, and the docks hot and hours are long, boo hoo I hear burger king might be hiring.

A lot of people fee like you do..they just don't look up this stuff because they don't have a reason to. Most posters are disgruntled. Not everybody is going to be happy. Thanks for the post.

Are they being treated fair,when they hand pick dsr's to train when that dsr has never been on a route or linehaul and with the company for less than 5 years.How about when that person trains a new driver in a automatic because he (the trainee)can't drive a stick and that trainer calls G.O.and they tell them thats okay we'll just make sure he drives an automatic,those just happen to be the new trucks.How about hiring a bunch of dockworkers to take dock bids from people who have been with the company for over 20 years and finally have a chance to spend time with there family's and enjoy their last few years before retirement,maybe they don't want the aggravation of the road or city anymore,maybe they can't run at night and they don't get along with dispatch but they want to keep working for Con-Way and a morning dock bid opens and they can hold it,fair is when you go by seniority and that is where Con-Way is not being fair,they don't respect it.

Are they being treated fair,when they hand pick dsr's to train when that dsr has never been on a route or linehaul and with the company for less than 5 years.How about when that person trains a new driver in a automatic because he (the trainee)can't drive a stick and that trainer calls G.O.and they tell them thats okay we'll just make sure he drives an automatic,those just happen to be the new trucks.How about hiring a bunch of dockworkers to take dock bids from people who have been with the company for over 20 years and finally have a chance to spend time with there family's and enjoy their last few years before retirement,maybe they don't want the aggravation of the road or city anymore,maybe they can't run at night and they don't get along with dispatch but they want to keep working for Con-Way and a morning dock bid opens and they can hold it,fair is when you go by seniority and that is where Con-Way is not being fair,they don't respect it.

They got rid of dock bids at a lot of places. You seniority always counts during the JSP. Things change, you have to change with it.

Atleast we can bid anything available..city, hostling, road. One board.

I'm curious did international finally get behind this or was it just a local effort? 657 could have had lsx several years ago but got no support from either 657 or international. The two barbeques Joe held really weren't much support! Congrats Laredo!

How would it cost you money? What it is gonna do is let a man come to work and be productive without always looking over his shoulder, give them the confidence in their employment!! Knowing that the smallest little thing is not going to effect their job!! Being able to come to work and do their job knowing they will be treated fair and respectful!!! Why does that bother you so much?? Everyone will have the same confidence as you now, a level playing field so to speak!!! Maybe that's the issue, I don't know??? Congrats Laredo!!!

Productive????????????????????

The laziest among us will be the only ones not looking over their shoulder anymore.

The people stealing time will do it even more than they do now.

The worst of us will be as confident about keeping their job as the best of us.

The company will have to keep useless people because the union will force them to.

We have enough trouble weeding these slugs out as it is. Now the union will ensure they are here for the long haul.

Great job Laredo!

Productive????????????????????

The laziest among us will be the only ones not looking over their shoulder anymore.

The people stealing time will do it even more than they do now.

The worst of us will be as confident about keeping their job as the best of us.

The company will have to keep useless people because the union will force them to.

We have enough trouble weeding these slugs out as it is. Now the union will ensure they are here for the long haul.

Great job Laredo!

and b4 you know it, YOU are the 60 year old slug, who needed weeding out, since your job wrecked your back and knees. but nevermind that....

I'm curious did international finally get behind this or was it just a local effort? 657 could have had lsx several years ago but got no support from either 657 or international. The two barbeques Joe held really weren't much support! Congrats Laredo!

i was wondering the same thing, since a lot of barns signed cards 3 years ago, the international took them, and havent acted as of yet. maybe they figured out a possible gameplan, and thats why they let this election go to the vote? that was a LOT of interest 3 years ago, the international might have a plan in place...