XPO | Con-Way Freight Workers in Texas Join Teamsters Local 657

i was wondering the same thing, since a lot of barns signed cards 3 years ago, the international took them, and havent acted as of yet. maybe they figured out a possible gameplan, and thats why they let this election go to the vote? that was a LOT of interest 3 years ago, the international might have a plan in place...

They are likely consumed with FedEx. Has been Hoffas dream for a while. This is local. Riding the strength of the Latino vote.

I'm not saying pensions are bad, just that companies cant' afford to keep them funded. It bankrupts them.

I know UPS is fine, but they don't have all the competition that LTL has.

The real issue with a pension is how any are drawing on it vs how many are being paid in on. If more are drawing than what's being paid in that's where the are underfunded.

i was wondering the same thing, since a lot of barns signed cards 3 years ago, the international took them, and havent acted as of yet. maybe they figured out a possible gameplan, and thats why they let this election go to the vote? that was a LOT of interest 3 years ago, the international might have a plan in place...

They were focused on FedEx I got a copy of the internal memo. They are on it now and have been calling people that signed cards. Sad part is they are calling a lot of former employees. The fact they are behind it now though is good.

Work rules could cost me and a lot of others money. And nobody is looking over their shoulder..

Everybody is being treated fairly..Everybody is coming to work and getting what they agreed on when they started. Ot after 8 would be a good thing and I think it needs to be company-wide, but it will come when the money is there.

Last I checked the company was profitable, and there would be more without all the waste on lean. I'd say the money is already "there".

They are likely consumed with FedEx. Has been Hoffas dream for a while. This is local. Riding the strength of the Latino vote.

doubt it, the international wouldnt show their hand on something like this. but they were fully aware of the cards 3 years ago. this ones under the radar, otherwise there wouldnt have been a vote.

The real issue with a pension is how any are drawing on it vs how many are being paid in on. If more are drawing than what's being paid in that's where the are underfunded.

which would be why the number one pension you guys would look at would be the old company pension you guys had. not underfunded, and since the company runs it, they cant complain about withdrawal liabilities....

They were focused on FedEx I got a copy of the internal memo. They are on it now and have been calling people that signed cards. Sad part is they are calling a lot of former employees. The fact they are behind it now though is good.

they wouldnt have brought this to a vote if they didnt have some leverage somewhere, im glad to see they have a plan...

Your right they got rid of dock bids and claims almost doubled,your okay with that kind of change?I'm not,I and to many other dsr's contribute to the stock in this company,might not be alot,but we do contribute.Sounds like your good with change,you should be proud to be number 4 instead of number1,like we used to be.How many e-tracks are in these sub-service trailers,how many customers have left Con-Way because they use sub-service?I remember the day when the customer was first,there"s your change,you sound like the POUSA.

A lot of people were looking for a change and got the door slammed in their face. Many of those drivers took matters into their own hands.

Union missed a shot. Will be much harder now than it would have been then.

lol, sure, with that huge 401k of yours, why not? 375 a month out of cspf? youre barely vested, if at all.....

I had 6 years. Almost 10 years ago. It ain't much.

Anymore you make as much as you can while working and get everything in order.

Then retire and make as little as possible to maximize the government handouts.

and the 401k will NEVER see enough money from conway workers, or anywhere else. do some quick math, instead of berating pension funds. it seems that everyone should be dumping 10-15% of their earnings into them, and no one does that. a lot of people dont even contribute at all.

the nation is facing a retirement crisis because everyone bought into the 401k sham. you think these 401k retirees are greeters at walmart because they like it? its because theyre broke.

go ask a guy who retired off Central States Pension what he gets with a full pension. i doubt most 401k participants are saving that much.
401's suck , they were created by big corporations as a way to screw over their employees and the employees in many cases don't even know it . We need to make more union outfits so to increase the membership . The more members the stronger the union the stronger the pensions . 401'S can't compete with a strong union pension . The 401's don't have the longevity that the unions have . When a Teamster driver retires he can live comfortably . Most nonunion drivers can never retire and live as well as a union driver . GO UNION !

Last edited by a moderator:
You all can see my original thread as I will not start extra crap on this. Just one true LH brother to the other. Be safe guys!! Time
To
Hit the LH road!! Give me that money Conway!!!!!!

We tried to give the next generation things we didn't have when we were growing up. Unfortunately it resuted in a generation that is self centered with a feeling of entitlement.

That's funny. It's the cost of your generations entitlements that are crushing the economy. The " me " generation calling everyone else self centered. NICE

Of course everyone in the world is picking a fight with the USA. The largest segment of our population is over 50.

How are we gonna fight back ?

That's funny. It's the cost of your generations entitlements that are crushing the economy. The " me " generation calling everyone else self centered. NICE

Of course everyone in the world is picking a fight with the USA. The largest segment of our population is over 50.

How are we gonna fight back ?

By entitlements, do you mean those pesky little things I paid into my entire life to have crooked politicians steal from and have gen-xers whine about? It's not so much the so called "entitlements" that are crushing the economy. How about calling like it is and blame those directly responsible rather than point the finger at those that have funded everything they were promised? By the way, what does any of this have to do with Conway in Texas joining the Teamsters?

By entitlements, do you mean those pesky little things I paid into my entire life to have crooked politicians steal from and have gen-xers whine about? It's not so much the so called "entitlements" that are crushing the economy. How about calling like it is and blame those directly responsible rather than point the finger at those that have funded everything they were promised? By the way, what does any of this have to do with Conway in Texas joining the Teamsters?

Just me and united1 continuing our feud. Or did you want in ?