XPO | Con-Way Freight Workers in Texas Join Teamsters Local 657

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when AA got the news...the biggest issue I saw was a very wide disconnect between AA and the field. You have to talk to your employees, not produce a monthly video acting like a cheerleader. Instead of focusing on LEAN/SICK SIGMA, the focus should have been on the employee. And no Crystal Palace, we will not state it in the surveys...wanna check my pulse, you have to check my arm. AA has runoff many of the good employees and sit in their big chairs thinking they are doing the right thing...I guess now they will know different. I wish all the employees the best, I was one who came up through the ranks and I understand both sides...I can say from first hand experience, some of the key leadership is stuck in the past, many are disconnected and some have been in their positions way to long. But, these tenured senior management ee's are the ones who believe everything they do is right. I see LLA answered that question...AA take care of your employees.

grumpy2,at your barn,you may be able to work those issues out,it used to be that way at my barn too."used too"What was meant by the Tea party comment was that when they say that's the way its going to be and if you don't like it theres the door.Or how about P.L coming down from G.O. and saying that he can't help the career path you chose when a 30 year man asked about a raise when we hadn't had one and just gave up a weeks vacation 401k match,sick days,were you there then?.Yes,who does that sound like(,I"ve got a pen and a phone,who needs congress)Why did G.O. feel the need to go to Laredo? Was that some sort of scare tactic?So,my opinion,the Union sounds a little closer to what the tea party is doing then this this company..

Respect is earned and a two way street. Each party needs to respect the other. While each opposite party needs to offer something worthy of being respected.

Respect those that have come before you,and service rank,open your eyes and ears.Don't say things like this aint my my first rodeo,or the dock worker who has been there six months says to a 20year vet."your not my boss" when your just trying to help.

CGO will always go to where they believe there is a maor issue brewing. The strategy is to send the highest ranking person available to speak to the EE group and determine what the issues truly are. I agreed with this as I believe a company should listen to its EE's.

When they come, please tell them the issues. You cannot get fired, singled out or negatively impacted for answering a question when management asks what are the issues.