XPO | con-way has issues like others but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tadpol

TB Lurker
Credits
people better really think before they act. We here at con-way have it better than most. Our company has really grown in the last 5 years and it takes money to do it and a team we made it happen. Yes I disagree with the pay scales being different but I don't want to put a call out to a union. The way to go about it is through us standing up and speaking out. So many want to cry in the drivers lounge but want say nothing in meetings. We got things changed at our location by speaking out and so can others. We not the best but we SURE not the worse. I believe voices were heard and you soon will be happy. But don't let the new hires bring down what we have built encourage them and speak good. Thanks guys Dsr fren:grouphug:

promises promises promises. The heat is on and Ann Arbor has pushed it to the limit once again. Now they will start promising the moon and more to be a driver friendly company until this all blows over and it will be back to business as usual. If you have worked for con way any length of time you have seen Ann Arbor do this before so beware.

Peckerwood I understand where you coming from but put it in the bank that this week you will hear of changes being made. Just depends on location but we all will hear that Ann Arbor has got to make changes to keep the company moving together as a team. Wait and see

Changes are on the way from AnnArbor ...You can rest assured they will be minimal! And full of lots of empty promises and hot air. I say change is coming and it won't be anything the 'crystal palace' is gonna roll out by their own choosing. They have lost their respect for us as drivers and what we do.

Last edited by a moderator:
people better really think before they act. We here at con-way have it better than most. Our company has really grown in the last 5 years and it takes money to do it and a team we made it happen. Yes I disagree with the pay scales being different but I don't want to put a call out to a union. The way to go about it is through us standing up and speaking out. So many want to cry in the drivers lounge but want say nothing in meetings. We got things changed at our location by speaking out and so can others. We not the best but we SURE not the worse. I believe voices were heard and you soon will be happy. But don't let the new hires bring down what we have built encourage them and speak good. Thanks guys Dsr fren:grouphug:
If you stand up for change, you be told if you think it'better somewhere else go there. Heard it way too many times.

Some of us are tired of begging and hopping this company will do the right thing when all they do is take, sit back and have some more blue koolaid!:smiliewhs::6799::butt kiss:

Nice attempt at conflict resolution brother Fren but it is too late. Talk is talk and that's all it is.
Conway has done whatever it wants with their stated employee obligations for many years.
Why? Because they can.

Enough is enough! And I do like hearing that newer peeps are grabbing this bull by the horn.

Now, that being said; This does not mean that management and labor pukes can't hold hands and sing Kumbaya........

Peckerwood I understand where you coming from but put it in the bank that this week you will hear of changes being made. Just depends on location but we all will hear that Ann Arbor has got to make changes to keep the company moving together as a team. Wait and see
And those changes can disappear as soon as the threat is dead and gone since there will be nothing in writing.

Dont pay attention to a lot of the negative comments, most don't even work here. Most of the actual employees feel as you do. That's why I don't think this will be widespread. Everything will be just fine.

Dont pay attention to a lot of the negative comments, most don't even work here. Most of the actual employees feel as you do. That's why I don't think this will be widespread. Everything will be just fine.

Lol I'm the first person on this thread to respond that DOESN'T work here!! More sunshine and rainbows from LDA...

You don't know that. Nobody knows that. But what we do know is that the union is gaining much ground in Conway. Everybody knows that. You are parroting the company line. That is exactly what they say to communicate futility. "All of the Con-way employees outside of Laredo are happy". But Conway is scared. These comments that you read on here are not negative. These comments will realize POSITIVE change for all of us.

You don't know that.
Nobody knows that.
But what we do know is that the union is gaining much ground in Conway. Everybody knows that.
You are parroting the company line. That is exactly what they say to communicate futility. "All of the Con-way employees outside of Laredo are happy". But they are scared.

These comments that you read on here are not negative. These comments will realize POSITIVE change for all of us.
Look, the union strength comes down to striking, to get what they want. Here at conway, you have a lot of people talking big talk, but (in my opinion), when we get down to 'brass tacks', a lot of people are going to not want to miss a paycheck or two. Reality will set in, and they will realize that they don't have it that bad.

That is my opinion and has nothing to do with the company or management..or anything else you may think...just my opinion, that is all.

And BTW, nobody I talk to is scared of anything. If you are scared of something, maybe you need to address that personally

Look, the union strength comes down to striking, to get what they want. Here at conway, you have a lot of people talking big talk, but (in my opinion), when we get down to 'brass tacks', a lot of people are going to not want to miss a paycheck or two. Reality will set in, and they will realize that they don't have it that bad. That is my opinion and has nothing to do with the company or management..or anything else you may think...just my opinion, that is all.

"Time will tell.....time will tell......."

Look, the union strength comes down to striking, to get what they want. Here at conway, you have a lot of people talking big talk, but (in my opinion), when we get down to 'brass tacks', a lot of people are going to not want to miss a paycheck or two. Reality will set in, and they will realize that they don't have it that bad. That is my opinion and has nothing to do with the company or management..or anything else you may think...just my opinion, that is all. And BTW, nobody I talk to is scared of anything. If you are scared of something, maybe you need to address that personally
Yes, I wrote that wrong.
As a result of a swing towards unionizing, -Conway is scared.

Peckerwood I understand where you coming from but put it in the bank that this week you will hear of changes being made. Just depends on location but we all will hear that Ann Arbor has got to make changes to keep the company moving together as a team. Wait and see[/

Hmmmmmmmmmm!! Nothing like a little inside info, everybody has that one guy??

Just something to ponder, I remember lots of people in meetings trying to solve problems but was told if you don't like you can go on down the road.just saying

For some reason, working here I understand how Conrad feels. We have been going thru the same thing the past 10 years.