XPO | con-way has issues like others but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's to late. They've been pulling money out of each employees billfold 1 dollar at a time. Now it's time to return the stolen money

They are the ones that put all that money in there to begin with. This place pays damn good.

You remember that part right ? How good it pays to work here ?

They are the ones that put all that money in there to begin with. This place pays damn good.

Many of these guys are just full of hate and bitterness...Don't try to reason with them...It's pointless....Conway has issues...But the union doesn't have enough leverage to get in....That's the bottom line...The CEO's job is on the line with this issue..If the union gets in.....He's out...That's just common sense.....This has been a long time coming..But rest assured his job is on the line...The board is watching...And he will take the fall for not nipping this in bud.

Looks like investors are too

Freight hauler Con-way CNW drove off interest Tuesday, falling 5.5% to $50.60 after stock analysts at Cowen & Co. and Robert W. Baird downgraded their ratings on the Texas-based company.

The move comes just days after Con-way’s 110 truck drivers at its Laredo terminal voted to unionize, which Baird’s Ben Hartford says could build cost pressures.

Hartford says while the likelihood of Con-way’s 19,000 freight at workers at 300 terminals fully unionizing is low, there is “incremental risk” in both investor sentiment and margins.

Hartford maintained his $55 price target, but downgraded his “outperform” rating to “neutral.”

Con-way, due to report third-quarter earnings Oct. 29, posted a 25% jump in second-quarter net income and an 8% rise in revenue. Year-to-date, shares are up 28%. And as of today 9-23 it's dropped to $48.73
Truckin? Investors cash in chips on Con-way | America's Markets
I tried to tell everybody...it'll only get worse..layoffs next. Starting in Laredo..they messed everything up.
And we're at war with the terrorists. The economy may get bad.

Didn't the president of the company state that he will do everything possible to keep the union out of conway? .

That's all fine and dandy to say it, But, where is the results. Since all of this started I have not heard ONE peep from Ann Arbor of any changes they are willing to make to TRY to keep us happy. Surprise, surprise

Many of these guys are just full of hate and bitterness...Don't try to reason with them...It's pointless....Conway has issues...But the union doesn't have enough leverage to get in....That's the bottom line...The CEO's job is on the line with this issue..If the union gets in.....He's out...That's just common sense.....This has been a long time coming..But rest assured his job is on the line...The board is watching...And he will take the fall for not nipping this in bud.
And if he does take a fall he will walk away with his nice big golden parachute.

I remember the pay. I remembered getting paid a straight 40 hour work week the first 2 weeks of training when I started even though I actually worked 55-60 each week. Hmmm yep, they screwed me for about 37 hours my first 2 weeks. I never got ot because they sent me home at 49.5 hours. No retirement , high dollar insurance, ..... Need I say more? Here's the bottom line, conway invests in itself and not the drivers. Period ! Conway looks and treats its drivers like POS! I wish some on this board would agree with that statement

I remember the pay. I remembered getting paid a straight 40 hour work week the first 2 weeks of training when I started even though I actually worked 55-60 each week. Hmmm yep, they screwed me for about 37 hours my first 2 weeks. I never got ot because they sent me home at 49.5 hours. No retirement , high dollar insurance, ..... Need I say more? Here's the bottom line, conway invests in itself and not the drivers. Period ! Conway looks and treats its drivers like POS! I wish some on this board would agree with that statement
I agree with it. Even in the north where we got OT, it still wasn't worth it to have to deal with all the crap.

I agree with it. Even in the north where we got OT, it still wasn't worth it to have to deal with all the crap.

If the union doesn't get in, history guarantees your statement. How many cuts to pay and bennies do you take before you say, enough?

Take note..all ex-employees posting here. I'll put my paycheck up against yours any day. highspeeds is right. we make good pay. Just go an 8% raise. This is an easy job..all you quit trashing us..just because we don't feel like you do..and rollin if you worked for free, that aint nobody's fault than yours..that was dumb. And i got 10 hours o/t every week in the south..so dont' say we don't get o/t and you know how the retirement went..jost won't admit it..it's ok.. I know your not happy currently... i'm sorry..

You'll come back and say how wonderful you have it..yeah,, you wouldn't be here if you did..sitting by the phone too much are you? I never go to abf board and trash them..so..just stop it please.

You got to be a bit thick skinned to work here..that's for sure.. Your new job not doing well?

Please go ahead, tell us how wonderful it is..

Looks like investors are too

Freight hauler Con-way CNW drove off interest Tuesday, falling 5.5% to $50.60 after stock analysts at Cowen & Co. and Robert W. Baird downgraded their ratings on the Texas-based company.

The move comes just days after Con-way’s 110 truck drivers at its Laredo terminal voted to unionize, which Baird’s Ben Hartford says could build cost pressures.

Hartford says while the likelihood of Con-way’s 19,000 freight at workers at 300 terminals fully unionizing is low, there is “incremental risk” in both investor sentiment and margins.

Hartford maintained his $55 price target, but downgraded his “outperform” rating to “neutral.”

Con-way, due to report third-quarter earnings Oct. 29, posted a 25% jump in second-quarter net income and an 8% rise in revenue. Year-to-date, shares are up 28%. And as of today 9-23 it's dropped to $48.73
Truckin? Investors cash in chips on Con-way | America's Markets

Everybody is trying to ignore this post..you cant' deny the teamsters have already caused investors to go away....This will only get worse..the union people don't care about this company..are trying to push freight to yrc and abf.. It's happening..i warned everybody..lay-offs next..

I know stuff that I don't post on here..

Take note..all ex-employees posting here. I'll put my paycheck up against yours any day. highspeeds is right. we make good pay. Just go an 8% raise. This is an easy job..all you quit trashing us..just because we don't feel like you do..and rollin if you worked for free, that aint nobody's fault than yours..that was dumb. And i got 10 hours o/t every week in the south..so dont' say we don't get o/t and you know how the retirement went..jost won't admit it..it's ok.. I know your not happy currently... i'm sorry..

You'll come back and say how wonderful you have it..yeah,, you wouldn't be here if you did..sitting by the phone too much are you? I never go to abf board and trash them..so..just stop it please.
Here we go again with self centered speak.....not everyone got an 8% raise. I know my metropolitan 200+ door barn didnt. We are still $1.50+ per hour behind our major competitors. And yet our visit from some of the big bosses still say that our compensation package is competitive when it is not. And now, "Phase II" of the already planned second increase for the guys that got sht on 2 months ago will be announced next month. What BS. So go on and talk about how good you personally have it and quit speaking on behalf of "most employees" please.

Here we go again with self centered speak.....not everyone got an 8% raise. I know my metropolitan 200+ door barn didnt. We are still $1.50+ per hour behind our major competitors. And yet our visit from some of the big bosses still say that our compensation package is competitive when it is not. And now, "Phase II" of the already planned second increase for the guys that got sht on 2 months ago will be announced next month. What BS. So go on and talk about how good you personally have it and quit speaking on behalf of "most employees" please.
I said myself..I didn't speak for you..and yes, there is a plan in place. Be patient.

Overall, it is competitive, with comparable companies.

You got to be a bit thick skinned to work here..that's for sure.. Your new job not doing well?

Please go ahead, tell us how wonderful it is..
Don't even start with your crap. I'd love to say it's all rainbows and unicorns, but it's trucking just like all these other companies are the same to a varying degree.

I will say this: it's nice not being micromanaged every second of the day. It's nice not having to deal with LEAN and all the ridiculous idiotic garbage that goes along with it. It's nice to have a dispatcher that actually has a CDL and knows what the heck he is talking about. It's nice not having a camera in my face all day. It's nice not having to deal with the garbage Caterpillar freight. It's nice not being expected to run a forklift for half your work day and not have to deal with the Napolean-syndrome sector bosses that can't stand it when you won't take their crap and try to make your life miserable. It's nice that my past experience is actually valued and I was started at a higher rate of pay and will only take me 6 months to top out. Like a fool, I waited half a decade to top out at Con-Job, and by the time I did, they screwed everyone out of their original top-out pay.

I don't really give a flying fart what your paycheck looks like. I would have made around 90 grand this year if I had stayed and finished the year, but working nights was not for me and I quickly learned that. Even working days there was not something I cared to do anymore, as I have seen the downward trend over the past couple years and jumped off the merry-go-round while I still could. As a city driver at Saia, I'll easily make what I made at Con-Job in the city. Plus I won't have all the above listed BS to deal with, and will have much more home time with my family. Oh yeah, and their insurance blows Con-Job's Cigna garbage out of the water.

I value things besides money, where apparently you don't. I have a family and kids whereas you're divorced and your kids are grown. That's fine, but get off your high horse trying to tell people who can and can't post here. If you don't like me being here, that sucks for you because last I checked, this forum wasn't limited to current employees. I've been over on the Saia forum and it's very quiet over there. I also like to keep up to date on what rate the SS Con-Way is sinking.

I DO regret one thing about leaving Con-Way: I wish I'd done it 3 years ago when Saia first opened this terminal.....

Take some notes;
1.Everything said on here is not about you. You are not the center of the world.
2.I believe as a retired employee of Con-Way I have as much right to be on this sight as any current employee. Perhaps you should run a poll.
3.To have a fair comparison I will compare my Life to your paycheck, because to get that paycheck you sell your life.
4.If you believe L/H is easy money, You are completely out of touch with 95% of Con-Way L/H drivers.
5.Rollins didn't do anything dumber than every other Con-Way driver, we all worked over 40 and got paid for 40 when we started.
6.My life sucks. Does that make you feel better? I have no rigid schedule, I do what I want when I want to. I have to figure out what nights I am going sleep on my boat.
7. I am on here because I have the time , and care about many friends that still work there.

I hear the raises next month are going to be HUUUUIGE !!!
If you were union sympathetic, they are guaranteed to turn your freethinking mind around.

But this brings on a whole new set of problems;
I can't decide whether to buy a new Bugatti or a club membership at Pebble Beach.

I said myself..I didn't speak for you..and yes, there is a plan in place. Be patient.

Overall, it is competitive, with comparable companies.
You said "we make good pay. Just got an 8% raise." Overall, it is not competitive in my area. I'm sorry but you are flat wrong on that.
And that whole "phase II" bs is nothing more than a futile attempt to stop the bleeding.