XPO | Con-way layoffs

in ten years they have never had a layoff at our barn, and as of today, six terminals are still hiring in minnesota, xmp still hiring driver apprentice, still going to the driver schools begging them to come over when they get a cdl, lol :sleep:

at lfw they have not laid off yet,but they are trying to hold city drivers to 40 hrs. weekly. they have a new scm who can not measure up to the previous scm. he has a SERIOUS ATTITUDE PROBLEM.:owned: :razz: :afro2:

LGO lost 10 from what I have heard and NKX, NNA and others lost people from DSR's to FOS and W&I. Hate to see us going through such a drastic change

Re:

redbird said:
at lfw they have not laid off yet,but they are trying to hold city drivers to 40 hrs. weekly. they have a new scm who can not measure up to the previous scm. he has a SERIOUS ATTITUDE PROBLEM.:owned: :razz: :afro2:

Sounds like you need the LDA back at LFW

In 30 Years Of Transportation Work Both In Management And Hourly The Man In Dallas Was As Fair As Any One I Have Been Associated With Includinf Ups,nationsway Bullocks, And Con-way

Re:

redbird said:
In 30 Years Of Transportation Work Both In Management And Hourly The Man In Dallas Was As Fair As Any One I Have Been Associated With Includinf Ups,nationsway Bullocks, And Con-way

I agree with you. Even though him and I have had it out a few times, he is fair and to the point. He is very smart in what he does and he is very self motivated. We need more like him not only in our company, but the industry as a whole.

Re:

redbird said:
i wonder what will be said at monday communication meetings pertaining to layoffs

I am not too sure, but I bet with the lay-offs it's self explanitory. Business is slow, they will cut costs / employees. I hate to see it happen. I too wonder what will be said.

it sux, but anyone at the bottom of the flex board had to see the writing on the wall. i did, that's why i jumped off the ship before it sank.

Evo said:
I am not too sure, but I bet with the lay-offs it's self explanitory. Business is slow, they will cut costs / employees. I hate to see it happen. I too wonder what will be said.

If they are DSR's , it may be to their advantage to get laid off. At least now they can collect unemployment, instead of waiting by the phone praying a senior man calls in sick so they can run.

RoadRage76 said:
If they are DSR's , it may be to their advantage to get laid off. At least now they can collect unemployment, instead of waiting by the phone praying a senior man calls in sick so they can run.
What ever you call it its a bad sign.

RoadRage76 said:
You can get unenjoyment even if u are not layed off if you are making less than the unenjoyment benifits i did this for a while when I first started with C.F in the early 90's you just have to put down on your sheet how much you made that week.