Con-Way OOPs..........

1tdriver

10308hummelswharfpaox6.jpg

The Daily Item, Sunbury, PA - Truck crashes onto golf course

The Daily Item, Sunbury, PA - Homepage

I got the movie for this mishap.
I notice from the article that this driver is very young.
I don't guess that may of had anything to do with his error.

But then us more seasoned drivers may of done it a little different,only going to that golf course on our day off,instead of when we were working.

Thats pretty clever thinking T251.
You know though I am kind of surprised Conway didn't get all of these news reports off the airwaves by now.

Most big LTL trucking companies don't want to have their branded equipment torn up on the roadsides for everyone to see.

It looks like a bogey on that hole. It's a good thing it wasn't both trailers or it would be a "double" bogey.

In an effort to minimize costs and Con-Way's "CARBON FOOTPRINT" they will no longer be sending a safety investigator/media damage control agent to any major accident. FORE.........

OK I thought that a Conway rep.,would have came to the crash with large tarps to cover up the company brand,before any photo takers arrived to do their news reports.

Step one tarp the brand name.
Step two ask how the driver is doing.
Step three if the driver is still avalauble he will be drilled as what he could have done different to have avoided this crash?
Step four issue the driver his last paycheck.

At 22 yrs old is that not pretty young. I'm 68 now but you had to be 25 to get on with a big carrier when i was young. we paid our dues hauling fruit and a coal truck. Would that make a nice song WHEN I WAS YOUNG?:smilie_132::hysterical:

i

was

young

WHEN I Was Young

was told by a conway driver that stopped there, that he lost concentration don't know if was reaching for something or what but jumped curb up on guide rail tried to correct but guide rail was between frame and steer tire turned tractor over lead went along pushing everthing toward tree and a creek but tail caught on guide rail stopping slide. took awhile to get driver out not sure if he was entrapped or because of electrical line on unit driver is brused but will be ok

I'd say this driver will not be ok,untill he can forget the regrets for doing what he was doing when he lost it.
Just my opinion from all the years of expierence,and close calls I've had in my long city driving career.

By the way I started driving city routes when I was just 17.
Candy,and tobacco whole sale house was my first driving job.
Then on to plumbing,and heating supply warehouse and route driver.
I was just 22 myself when I got my first Teamsters union dock and city route.
Eazor Express they are long gone into the LTL history books.