XPO | Con-way Reports Fourth-Quarter Loss & pay freeze

Brown's? Oh my, that's one of life's imponderables but to answer your question; yes. Pro football embraces a much broader appeal at lower and more flexible costs.

The sport specific demographic of NFL (MLB too) v NASCAR is surely a much more desirable marketing target.

Brown's? Oh my, that's one of life's imponderables but to answer your question; yes. Pro football embraces a much broader appeal at lower and more flexible costs.

The sport specific demographic of NFL (MLB too) v NASCAR is surely a much more desirable marketing target.

Yes, but to endure 60 minutes of Brown's Football could be a rotten experience, and one the customer will have a miserable time with and blame you for..There goes the opportunity for new business..

Yes, but to endure 60 minutes of Brown's Football could be a rotten experience, and one the customer will have a miserable time with and blame you for..There goes the opportunity for new business..

1st there are other venues like MLB.

NASCAR truck racing is not boring or disappointing or class-less, or less then mentally challenging? Does it also blatantly demonstrate a total disregard for the responsible use of our non-renewable fossil fuels.- Am holding back here in an attempt to be diplomatic and not offend those that feel NASCAR incorporates socially redeeming values and that it deserves the respect from those that possess any sophistication at all.

NASCAR truck racing is not boring or disappointing or class-less, or less then mentally challenging? Does it also blatantly demonstrate a total disregard for the responsible use of our non-renewable fossil fuels.- Am holding back here in an attempt to be diplomatic and not offend those that feel NASCAR incorporates socially redeeming values and that it deserves the respect from those that possess any sophistication at all.

Not that I support CNW's sponsership in any way .

But , what percentage of NLB , NBA , NFL , players are past felons , preasent felons ,
or future felons , in comparision to motor
sports participants ?

Just4Thought

All of that is valid. But......Have you ever been? Even once?

When all of them are on the gas, together, headed toward the start line and the green flag, and you can feel the ground shaking, and hear the thunder from the combined engines and you couldn't shout loud enough for even the person standing next to you to hear you because the thunder is louder than the engines on a 747 taking off right over your head........

And you know everyone in the stands are screaming but you can't hear a thing.....

You really should go, just once..........

Then if you can still say it's a waste, or that the fans are rednecks, (which we are, rather proudly actually).....

go......just once......

you'll see

you just might be one of us....

This goes back to my original point that there are some that simply don't like the sport and won't support our involvement no matter what...Why do I want to support a bunch of way overpaid athletes who make ridiculous millions for playing a child's game..?? The game bores me at best these days, and I grew up loving it..

Not that I support CNW's sponsership in any way .

But , what percentage of NLB , NBA , NFL , players are past felons , preasent felons ,
or future felons , in comparision to motor
sports participants ?

Just4Thought

LOL, that doesn't make sense. NASCAR got it's start by a bunch of bootleggers getting together and pitting their driving skills against each other. They were law breakers themselves. Transporting illegal liquor, speeding, running from the law, and endangering the lives of innocent people on the highways and backroads of America. I don't think that's how football, baseball and hockey got their starts.

LOL, that doesn't make sense. NASCAR got it's start by a bunch of bootleggers getting together and pitting their driving skills against each other. They were law breakers themselves. Transporting illegal liquor, speeding, running from the law, and endangering the lives of innocent people on the highways and backroads of America. I don't think that's how football, baseball and hockey got their starts.

Thank you for that, and I will add because there is no driver's union in Nascar, there is alot we don't know about their "off track activities"...and maybe we just don't want to know..

Sorry my point was missed .

Just4Thought

Would you take 100 people to see the Cleveland Browns play and hope it was a good experience for them..???

Gotcha...

OMG!!!

Dude don't do that to me!!!...especially when I have a mouthful of hot coffee on a Sunday morning...

Laughin' so damn hard I couldn't see the keyboard...

I have since regained my composure...once again all is good!

Rat :loser:

Thank you for that, and I will add because there is no driver's union in Nascar, there is alot we don't know about their "off track activities"...and maybe we just don't want to know..

" Off track activities " ?

I guess if these were felony related it would
be in MOST media spotlights .

Sorry my point was missed again .

Just4Thought

All of that is valid. But......Have you ever been? Even once?

When all of them are on the gas, together, headed toward the start line and the green flag, and you can feel the ground shaking, and hear the thunder from the combined engines and you couldn't shout loud enough for even the person standing next to you to hear you because the thunder is louder than the engines on a 747 taking off right over your head........

And you know everyone in the stands are screaming but you can't hear a thing.....

You really should go, just once..........

Then if you can still say it's a waste, or that the fans are rednecks, (which we are, rather proudly actually).....

go......just once......

you'll see

you just might be one of us....

Devil's Advocate here...

For starters if you are in the trucking business (and correct if I am wrong...but I believe we are) would it make sense to sponsor anything other than a Nascar truck?

Seems to me it was the right choice...if indeed a company decided to endorse a particular sport.

Once the decision was made and the monies spent why would a company take their clients to some other type of event...just looks wrong.

You have to look at from the clients perspective as well.

This a chance for them to get away from the house...the kids...the spouse and all the normal responsibities of life. They can 'let their hair down' and get crazy if they want.

Av8tor is dead on...it is loud...damn loud...the ground rumbles...you can smell the fumes...and yes there are thousands of rednecks in the stands who wouldn't be anywhere else!

You watch vehicles hit the pits at the same time...and POOF!! seconds later they are gone. You see it on TV but there ain't nothing as awesome as watching happen before your eyes!

The client(s) may have never been to one of these events...and whether they like it or not...it is time away! I would guess they come away with..."damn that was fun...when we gonna do it again??? They had a good time and it didn't cost them much or perhaps nothing at all.

So Monday morning come around and its back to the job but they are mentally refreshed and perhaps a little tired from all the excitement. The daily grind (at least for a little while!) doesn't seem quite so mundane. The client will remember those images for a long time to come...

Then walks in the Con-Way AE...

I think Bank wants to see something in lieu of the truck, not something along side of...the fact is we continue to take customer to all kinds of sporting events, I even sat through a monster truck show with a customer and our kids because that's what they liked...My son and I were kind of bored, but we got the business, and still have the business 5 years later..

I think Bank wants to see something in lieu of the truck, not something along side of...the fact is we continue to take customer to all kinds of sporting events, I even sat through a monster truck show with a customer and our kids because that's what they liked...My son and I were kind of bored, but we got the business, and still have the business 5 years later..

Then what would it be?

There are just too many different kinds of events to sponsor. Unless I am missing something here I can't envision any other logical choice other than the truck. We are in the business.

$.02

Then what would it be?

There are just too many different kinds of events to sponsor. Unless I am missing something here I can't envision any other logical choice other than the truck. We are in the business.

$.02

Perhaps the CIRCUS may be more appropriate .
Juggeling , clowns , animals , tatoos , taken for
a ride , games of chance , equipment to match , unknown risks , excitement , ect .

I am sure there may be other suggestions or
ideas .

Just4Thought

a ride , games of chance , equipment to match , unknown risks , excitement , ect .

ideas .

Just4Thought

No..no..JD! We are not talking about your job...we're talking about what events to sponsor for the customer outings...

Excuse me as I must wipe the tears of hilarity out of my eyes once again!

ideas .

Just4Thought

It's actually a great entertainment event for customers if you include their children in it..customers love to have their kids included...problem with the circus is that it only comes around once in a great while..