XPO | Con-way Reports Fourth-Quarter Loss & pay freeze

OK, BankR, I support your idea that we should attempt to buy 100 season tickets, IN SOME CITIES...It appears it would be reasonably cheaper in Detroit..

At least you would know who to root for and the inevitable outcome of the game...

Just don't bring any Lions fans...

Rat :biglaugh:

All of that is valid. But......Have you ever been? Even once?

When all of them are on the gas, together, headed toward the start line and the green flag, and you can feel the ground shaking, and hear the thunder from the combined engines and you couldn't shout loud enough for even the person standing next to you to hear you because the thunder is louder than the engines on a 747 taking off right over your head........

And you know everyone in the stands are screaming but you can't hear a thing.....

You really should go, just once..........

Then if you can still say it's a waste, or that the fans are rednecks, (which we are, rather proudly actually).....

go......just once......

you'll see

you just might be one of us....

I took my wife to Dover Delaware and she asked how i could stand and cheer when they say ,Gentelmen . It just like 5or6 fighter pilots droping bombs.

All of that is valid. But......Have you ever been? Even once?

When all of them are on the gas, together, headed toward the start line and the green flag, and you can feel the ground shaking, and hear the thunder from the combined engines and you couldn't shout loud enough for even the person standing next to you to hear you because the thunder is louder than the engines on a 747 taking off right over your head........

And you know everyone in the stands are screaming but you can't hear a thing.....

You really should go, just once..........

Then if you can still say it's a waste, or that the fans are rednecks, (which we are, rather proudly actually).....

go......just once......

you'll see

you just might be one of us....

No, have never been to a NASCAR event and the way you describe it, I shouldn't go for fear of being trapped in it's allure.

There was a time when rock concerts were inviting; The deafening noise and peaked mob scenes were fun. I've been to countless concerts and I remember some of them. But that no longer appeals to me and my compromised hearing is a constant reminder.

I've got nothing against the "sport". After all, it is just a child's game on steroids. I have problems with our leaders telling us it's a good idea to sponsor a race truck team.

I'll go and be designated driver if someone else ponies up the tix, etc.
I sure as hell cannot justify the costs.

Not that I support CNW's sponsership in any way .

But , what percentage of NLB , NBA , NFL , players are past felons , preasent felons ,
or future felons , in comparision to motor
sports participants ?

Just4Thought

Is It NBA Or NFL?

have been accused of spousal abuse

have been arrested for fraud

have been accused of writing bad checks

have directly or indirectly
bankrupted at least 2 businesses

have done time for assault

cannot

get a credit card due to bad credit

have been arrested on drug-related charges

have been arrested for shoplifting

currently
are defendants in lawsuits, and

have been arrested for drunk driving
in
the last year

Can

you guess which organization this is?

Give

up yet? . . Scroll down,

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

??

?
?

?

?

?

?

Neither,

it's the 435 members of the
United States Congress

The

same group of Idiots that crank out
hundreds of new laws each year
designed to keep the rest of us in line.

No, have never been to a NASCAR event and the way you describe it, I shouldn't go for fear of being trapped in it's allure.

There was a time when rock concerts were inviting; The deafening noise and peaked mob scenes were fun. I've been to countless concerts and I remember some of them. But that no longer appeals to me and my compromised hearing is a constant reminder.

I've got nothing against the "sport". After all, it is just a child's game on steroids. I have problems with our leaders telling us it's a good idea to sponsor a race truck team.

I'll go and be designated driver if someone else ponies up the tix, etc.
I sure as hell cannot justify the costs.

Are as all professional sports...childrens games on steroids...

This one however is raw power just for the sake of it...

Think "Tim the Tool Man Taylor" and all he stood for!

Ya ' got yur' cars..ya' got yur' grease...ya' got yur' fumes..ya' got yur' chicks with no bras and short shorts...and ya' got yur' body shakin', heart thumpin' high horsepower engines that just frickin' rock your soul!!!

Then ya' got yur' thousands of fans all there for one purpose...rootin' for their fav driver...and then there is the 'stuff' you can buy...shirts, cups, hats, and just about everything Nascar can dream up...

This is not a sport its a passion!!!!

(Did I mention chicks???)

And of course there are the 'refreshments' to be enjoyed as you watch the race...and food...lotsa food!!!

You gotta go to one just once...for the experience...hell...who knows you may just enjoy yourself!!!

Did I mention chicks...no bras...short shorts???...

Not that I would ever look or any such thing!!!

OOPS!!!...my nose is growing!!!!

Rat :loser:

I always wanted to get there...how's the acoustics in that place...??? I'll bet it reverberates like no tomorrow..
There is more action there, not like the big tracks. the sound is great and they are next to Dover A.F.Base so them big C5A monsters fly over. I want to go to Bristol Tenn.

There is more action there, not like the big tracks. the sound is great and they are next to Dover A.F.Base so them big C5A monsters fly over. I want to go to Bristol Tenn.

Yeah, that's my son's dream, Bristol.....Thunder Valley...along way from the south left out here...So I settle for Fontana, Vegas, Phoenix, and when the mood strikes me, Sonoma...

It's difficult, at best, to debate a fanatic.

Yeah, tends to set 'em off, opens up a whole nother can of worms...Seriously, you should give it a try...one race is all we ask...you go to a race, I will fly to Cleveland and see a Browns game with you, I'll wear the floppy dog ears and all....You're getting the better end of this deal, trust me...

Yeah, tends to set 'em off, opens up a whole nother can of worms...Seriously, you should give it a try...one race is all we ask...you go to a race, I will fly to Cleveland and see a Browns game with you, I'll wear the floppy dog ears and all....You're getting the better end of this deal, trust me...

Come to Cleveland and you'll go to the Brown's game alone.......I'm kidding. I'll pick you up at the airport and drop you off at the stadium.

NASCAR?

I'll relent and will open up to negotiate a short road trip to the track.

Come to Cleveland and you'll go to the Brown's game alone.......I'm kidding. I'll pick you up at the airport and drop you off at the stadium.

NASCAR?

I'll relent and will open up to negotiate a short road trip to the track.

I think the closest thing you have for a truck race is Mansfield, but that is a flat short track...lots of banging and bumping, but not real fast...we need to get you somewhere quicker...Richmond, Va., maybe...still only a 3/4 miler...Hmmm, I got to work on this...Nashville or Memphis...

NAW, forget it. Too far!

I don't think I'd go that far to see George Harrison.

Put a pro sticker on his forehead, stick him in the passenger seat, and send him anywhere you want to. Just pray that we have a damage free delivery though.:smilie_132:

Be sure to alert the supervisor on duty about this freezable shipment.