XPO | Con-Way to reach out to past drivers

walken1414

TB Lurker
Credits
Don't have much information on this. Word is, a plan is in the works to rehire past drivers who left in the last 2 years. They will be rehired with full service rank and benefits, but must have a good work record when with Con-Way.

Any body else hearing this?

They have called past drivers and offered them to return as new hires. Have not heard anything about guys being offered their seniority back. We have plenty that qualify. I'd have heard from at least one of them if it was true.

What about the barns that have enough staffing currently. or are able to hire ???? This sounds really out there. I would fall into this group of people. Been gone a year and a half. The seniority thing would be the most appealing part and the only way I would consider entertaining the idea.
I am fine where I am but, I would have to put some thought into this.

being able to keep a job that pays the bills? why are you against this again? if this company made you so mad, why not put a contract together where they aren't asking people to come back for more of a :::shit::: sandwich?

I have been in the union and been a union steward. I don't believe you when you claim the union can fix this or change anything. They have done almost nothing for the YRC guys. Unless selling them out counts for something.

They will do nothing but make our situation worse. In my opinion. They are not an answer. You want change ? Vote with your feet. This company isn't going to change anything until they can't get drivers in the seats.

You are scared ? Well fear often results in failure. There are a crap load of awesome trucking jobs coming open. Be in line when that guy finally retires and you will quickly forget about all of this nonsense.

I have been in the union and been a union steward. I don't believe you when you claim the union can fix this or change anything. They have done almost nothing for the YRC guys. Unless selling them out counts for something.

They will do nothing but make our situation worse. In my opinion. They are not an answer. You want change ? Vote with your feet. This company isn't going to change anything until they can't get drivers in the seats.

You are scared ? Well fear often results in failure. There are a crap load of awesome trucking jobs coming open. Be in line when that guy finally retires and you will quickly forget about all of this nonsense.

a yrc guy can hold his job. can you say the same for Conway? at Holland, we have a TM in CH that came from Conway. he said 20 guys, EVERY month, get canned in PA. why? overspeeds. 3 strikes, you're out, no matter what. sometimes all in the SAME night. do you think that happens at ANY union shop?

a yrc guy can hold his job. can you say the same for Conway? at Holland, we have a TM in CH that came from Conway. he said 20 guys, EVERY month, get canned in PA. why? overspeeds. 3 strikes, you're out, no matter what. sometimes all in the SAME night. do you think that happens at ANY union shop?

If the guy don't know how to use a brake pedal what is he doing in the truck ? For crying out loud the damn Cascadias have engine brakes.... all you do is flip a switch and steer. WHAT ?

he said it, not me, and he said they lost a LOT of damn good drivers over it. I thought you said you guys were all mad over what happened to guys who got canned?

he said it, not me, and he said they lost a LOT of damn good drivers over it. I thought you said you guys were all mad over what happened to guys who got canned?

Many are upset over some that have been walked out for reasons that don't meet the integrity standard in the eyes of the drivers. To often this has happened. And it has already led to some changes.

If you get three over speeds in one night. You are a dip ::shit::.

you are in flat xco, how would you know, realistically? what if you are a road driver out of northern VT or NH loaded heavy?

Thought you were talking about PA ? We drive in PA out of xco. What's wrong ? Hanging yourself with your own rope ? blah blah blah You are just stirring the pot.

When is this plan going to roll out? . Does anyone know? System wide or selected locations? . I'm settled in where I am . I would give it some thought but Conway and all The aggervation is becoming a distant memory for me. Not so much B.S. where I am now.

I think this may be a rumor. No one I have talked to can confirm an offer of return of seniority.

no, you are just not thinking past your own nose, once again. you complain that guys have been fired unfairly, then you argue that it was fair that they were fired. got it.

I thought you were FOR literacy ?

You are mucking up the threads with your annoying little games. If you have something for me use the message button.

Why would anyone consider going back?
There is obviously a reason you left, so why go back if the underlying causes are still the same? Would be stupid if you asked me.

And what about those drivers who were excited to move up when you quit, now they are stirring another crap pot when they get butthurt that those drivers get to come back