XPO | Con-Way to reach out to past drivers

Hey then you'd get to experience my entire tenure at Con-way, a continual march backward!

Some of us are feeling a sudden surge forward. The optimizer plays havoc with freight volumes. If you are in a steady lane, things are looking up. Others not so much. We need more drivers. We need more trucks. They are growing the business. It's getting busier. Summertime and all. We are begging people to work here and training dock hands to drive. I know this is not the case everywhere. But it is the reality I walk into M-F.

The optimizer is going crazy in Richmond. Everyone is getting two day freight. Norfolk is getting Newark freight to pull to Hagerstown the next night.

I'm not complaining, I'd rather run #2 to nrm than #1 to xhg.

The optimizer is going crazy in Richmond. Everyone is getting two day freight. Norfolk is getting Newark freight to pull to Hagerstown the next night.

I'm not complaining, I'd rather run #2 to nrm than #1 to xhg.

I get a kick out of LH drivers coming back and saying they had some more proper freight but they trapped it at the FAC even though they had half a trailer of room. Computers are SMART !

I get a kick out of LH drivers coming back and saying they had some more proper freight but they trapped it at the FAC even though they had half a trailer of room. Computers are SMART !
Yep. Happens all over. Looked in a trap trailer Friday night, spotted freight for one of our major aerospace customers. Fos says trap, I said bullshit and loaded it.

I have been in the union and been a union steward. I don't believe you when you claim the union can fix this or change anything. They have done almost nothing for the YRC guys. Unless selling them out counts for something.

They will do nothing but make our situation worse. In my opinion. They are not an answer. You want change ? Vote with your feet. This company isn't going to change anything until they can't get drivers in the seats.

You are scared ? Well fear often results in failure. There are a crap load of awesome trucking jobs coming open. Be in line when that guy finally retires and you will quickly forget about all of this nonsense.
that is an issue that the rank & file needs to hold hoffa and the main office to the fire.... right now ABF is towing the line on retirement contributions..

I have been in the union and been a union steward. I don't believe you when you claim the union can fix this or change anything. They have done almost nothing for the YRC guys. Unless selling them out counts for something.

They will do nothing but make our situation worse. In my opinion. They are not an answer. You want change ? Vote with your feet. This company isn't going to change anything until they can't get drivers in the seats.

You are scared ? Well fear often results in failure. There are a crap load of awesome trucking jobs coming open. Be in line when that guy finally retires and you will quickly forget about all of this nonsense.
that is an issue that the rank & file needs to hold hoffa and the main office to the fire.... right now ABF is towing the line on retirement contibutions..

being able to keep a job that pays the bills? why are you against this again? if this company made you so mad, why not put a contract together where they aren't asking people to come back for more of a :::shit::: sandwich?
conway has two barns down south that went union... LMAO !!! they got scared.. change some policies to be more driver friendly.. glad I left...

that is an issue that the rank & file needs to hold hoffa and the main office to the fire.... right now ABF is towing the line on retirement contibutions..

Hard for the rank and file to blame anyone else when they voted for the concessions.

conway has two barns down south that went union... LMAO !!! they got scared.. change some policies to be more driver friendly.. glad I left...

The surge for representation was paired with several mass defections. They had to do some serious damage control.

Hard for the rank and file to blame anyone else when they voted for the concessions.
no.. not so in all cases... labor has their meeting, then it is time for the companies chance to meet with the chicago mafia... to say or believe that the teamsters look out for the membership would probably be a 30/70 split. member/money grabbing,self interest chicago thugs. I'm so glad; that trucking has such a WIDE range of job types to make everyone happy....:bgroovy:

When did you add steward to your Union time, this is a new twist to your past stories?

10 over the posted speed limit. The over speed rule is still in effect. and before any body starts,when the pver speed shows up it tells when and where it took place. So yes they can go back and pinpoint the over speed.

What is the overspeed threshold at conway now? It used to be 75 when I was around. And I ran an infamous mountain pass out west, loaded both ways usually and never hit over 70 mph. So gonna have to call driver error if you cant keep the machine under control.

right now ABF is towing the line on retirement contibutions..
I think UPS Small Package holds that position. Don't forget that they have large numbers of workers across the country who are still in those funds.

I think UPS Small Package holds that position. Don't forget that they have large numbers of workers across the country who are still in those funds.

But remember for those of us covered by the CSPF UPS has us double screwed. The fantastic union leadership cutting our throats again. According to the buyout all the UPS employees get their FULL cut of the CSPF before the rest of us get a penny. So if the fund is short $2 billion and owes them $2 billion, everyone else is really $4 billion short. ( made up numbers for easy math )

So if you are a UPS employee you got no worries. The rest of everyone will foot your bill. At least for a little while. As it's pretty clear that they are going to scuttle the fund. It's a glaring symbol of all that is wrong with the union. They need to get rid of it to attempt to save face and move forward. My opinion. But I haven't seen or heard anything yet of how they intend to fund or save it. So it's probably heading to an early death.

10 over the posted speed limit. The over speed rule is still in effect. and before any body starts,when the pver speed shows up it tells when and where it took place. So yes they can go back and pinpoint the over speed.

Yeah. These freightliners aren't sterlings. The " I was on flat ground " argument is out the window.

When did you add steward to your Union time, this is a new twist to your past stories?

Not new at all. You go up to the search bar. Go to advanced options. Search for posts by " highspeeds " that include the key word " steward " in the forum page " Con-way Freight ". You will stand corrected. YOU I D I O T ! ( Ren and Stimpy voice )

Not new at all. You go up to the search bar. Go to advanced options. Search for posts by " highspeeds " that include the key word " steward " in the forum page " Con-way Freight ". You will stand corrected. YOU I D I O T ! ( Ren and Stimpy voice )
I'm not buying it, Ren and Stimpy fits you well! I think your full of doody.... What local? Dates?

I'm not buying it, Ren and Stimpy fits you well! I think your full of doody.... What local? Dates?

Another one wanting personal information. Tell you what. You send me your credit card number with the three little numbers on the back along with your full name and current mailing address and I will give you the local and the dates.

Deal ?

Another one wanting personal information. Tell you what. You send me your credit card number with the three little numbers on the back along with your full name and current mailing address and I will give you the local and the dates.

Deal ?
That's what I thought you would say, exactly!! LOL