XPO | Con-Way vs XPO

Which company cared more about their employees and treated them better?

• Con-Way

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • XPO

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Only worked for one of them

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • CCX

Votes: 36 75.0%

• Total voters
Your surprised? Our differences aside, we can agree that XPO completely ****ed the pig when they bought Conway. They had a chance to show us love, they failed. Not to mention our complete joke of a ceo, who I still maintain doesn’t even exist.
I completely agree with you on this. The worst part is they don't even care enough to fix it. As to the Ceo I have maintained he is no more than a figure head from the beginning. Jacobs has his hands in every aspect which renders him useless.

Instead you got greedy ceo's making millions while throwing crumbs to their employees.... Let me get this straight. After the DJT tax cut and the pay raise I am grossing over two grand a week. Now don't get me wrong I would love to make more but to call a (soon to be) six figure yearly salary with health care that has worked well for my family, a 401 retirement plan, a pension plan and five weeks vacation crumbs comes across as a bit short sighted Nancy. Seems you have an axe to grind. It is not my worry what brad jacobs makes as long as i feel comfortable with my compensation. I do. Good for him and for me. For you to call what I earn "crumbs" is to show your ignorance Nancy. If what you earn is crumbs may I suggest you leave and get a job at another company that will pour money into your wallet for your valuable skill set. For some reason I think you will be a malcontent where ever you go. Have a good day Nancy.
When you stop beating the company drum and step back from your rhetoric you will have an opportunity to take an honest look at how much money you are helping to make for xpo and how little of it they return to you. Yes, that’s right, the company doesn’t “give” you a paycheck. It is money that drivers create by their hard work. All these LTLs would have us believe they are some benevolent overlord that we are lucky to be a part of. Our pay is EARNED!

Conway was the reason I got a CDL. It took me 5 year's after getting one to actually get hired and I've been here ever since. I watched Conway slowly pull the rug out from under us and when XPO bought us I thought maybe this is a good thing. Nope. It's been horrible in my opinion. I feel like the only real benefit I have now is my paycheck and they keep screwing that up!! I'm done. I don't want to join the Teamster's either so I'm just looking elsewhere. Hopefully to Old Dominion or just getting out of trucking all together.

Conway was the reason I got a CDL. It took me 5 year's after getting one to actually get hired and I've been here ever since. I watched Conway slowly pull the rug out from under us and when XPO bought us I thought maybe this is a good thing. Nope. It's been horrible in my opinion. I feel like the only real benefit I have now is my paycheck and they keep screwing that up!! I'm done. I don't want to join the Teamster's either so I'm just looking elsewhere. Hopefully to Old Dominion or just getting out of trucking all together.
I can tell you about countless other people with the same sentiment and are doing the same.

Instead you got greedy ceo's making millions while throwing crumbs to their employees.... Let me get this straight. After the DJT tax cut and the pay raise I am grossing over two grand a week. Now don't get me wrong I would love to make more but to call a (soon to be) six figure yearly salary with health care that has worked well for my family, a 401 retirement plan, a pension plan and five weeks vacation crumbs comes across as a bit short sighted Nancy. Seems you have an axe to grind. It is not my worry what brad jacobs makes as long as i feel comfortable with my compensation. I do. Good for him and for me. For you to call what I earn "crumbs" is to show your ignorance Nancy. If what you earn is crumbs may I suggest you leave and get a job at another company that will pour money into your wallet for your valuable skill set. For some reason I think you will be a malcontent where ever you go. Have a good day Nancy.

I certainly do agree we are getting better than crumbs. But I also feel that we are below market value. And that it's that way deliberately. The company sure as hell charges more based on a capacity shortage. Why ain't we being paid more for the driver shortage ?

Not sure where you're going with this but we are all brothers out on the road or on the dock, Union or non Union. We shouldn't hate each other. Just my opinion.

Like many have said on here. I throw my hand up for any driver out there. And I ain't afraid to sit for lunch or shoot the ::shit:: with any of them either. Easiest way to get respect from a truck driver is to be a truck driver.

Your surprised? Our differences aside, we can agree that XPO completely ****ed the pig when they bought Conway. They had a chance to show us love, they failed. Not to mention our complete joke of a ceo, who I still maintain doesn’t even exist.

Shouldn't be any one surprised. Maybe the group responsible for accumulating all this information. They might be surprised.

Jacobs is on TV and social media all the time. I am convinced he exists. As far as who's actually running this show. Different question.

That's the thing. A few years ago this career was still a way to be successful. Any more drivers are living paycheck to paycheck or just buried in debt. As it presently is, this is not a job many can get ahead in.

That's the thing. A few years ago this career was still a way to be successful. Any more drivers are living paycheck to paycheck or just buried in debt. As it presently is, this is not a job many can get ahead in.
That’s one reason to live within your means. Something many people don’t do or want to do. Even though my wife and I practice what we preach, our two teenagers are appalled that they have to share a car. A brother and sister the same age that live up the street each have their own Beamer. I say WTF to that!

That’s one reason to live within your means. Something many people don’t do or want to do. Even though my wife and I practice what we preach, our two teenagers are appalled that they have to share a car. A brother and sister the same age that live up the street each have their own Beamer. I say WTF to that!

I had to get my own. Of course, I WANTED my own.

I certainly do agree we are getting better than crumbs. But I also feel that we are below market value. And that it's that way deliberately. The company sure as hell charges more based on a capacity shortage. Why ain't we being paid more for the driver shortage ?
"Results Matter"

Shouldn't be any one surprised. Maybe the group responsible for accumulating all this information. They might be surprised.

Jacobs is on TV and social media all the time. I am convinced he exists. As far as who's actually running this show. Different question.
Thank you. I meant tony brooks, not brad Jacobs.

I know this is a small response to this poll, but do you think it means anything to the management? Still not one vote for Xpo. Kinda says something.

He just walked in here one day. No body even knew who he was. Just showed up like he owned the place. He does exist.

We've seen him as well. Very few people knew who he was and even less took the time to talk to him. Like a big Moses parting the black and red sea. Of course, after he left the opinions flowed freely again.

Met Tony Brooks. He was at our barn once. I wasn't impressed. We had a town hall and he seemed to want everyone kneeling instead of offering any real questions or criticism.
He was at my place once and seemed quite egotistic. He asked one driver if he knew who he was and the driver replied no. His response was "you don't know who the hell I am?"