FedEx Freight | Concerned

hotrodder

TB Lurker
Credits
Any of you freight guys that are displaced know anything about the severence package?
As of today, I have not recieved a damn thing from my SCM, other than a verbal meeting telling me that I am losing my job after Jan 28th. I called my regional HR guy a few minutes ago, and said that after the merger was complete, that I could go on to a 90 day layoff, or take the voluntary severence. Voluntary.....how can it be voluntary if there are no positions available? I dont get this crap...I told the HR guy to call the SCM and get the paperwork started. Looks to me as if they are trying to pull a fast one on me....anyone out there got any info on this?

pull a fast one never dont beleive it for one second.. Now after my sarcastic remark ,I hope you find gainful employment after you leave here so as you can continue on taking care of you and your family god bless you sir.. and good luck to you in all your future endeavors!!!!!

I too had the so called verbal meeting and was told the same thing. I will not pass up another opportunity to hold out here for the severence. Because of the lack of credible and verifiable information I believe they will pull the rug out from under as many people as possible. I have another job lined up and plan on starting on Jan 5. I would like to hold out for the severence but I cant afford to pass up on an opportunity for the unknown.

I'm not losing my job, but I signed up for the voluntary severance pay to make room for someone else. They told me I'll find out Jan 14th if I'll get it. If I do, then Jan. 30th will be my last day. TP

Any of you freight guys that are displaced know anything about the severence package?
As of today, I have not recieved a damn thing from my SCM, other than a verbal meeting telling me that I am losing my job after Jan 28th. I called my regional HR guy a few minutes ago, and said that after the merger was complete, that I could go on to a 90 day layoff, or take the voluntary severence. Voluntary.....how can it be voluntary if there are no positions available? I dont get this crap...I told the HR guy to call the SCM and get the paperwork started. Looks to me as if they are trying to pull a fast one on me....anyone out there got any info on this?
that's a tough spot to be in...the lack of trust makes it so much worse too. This has been a very long couple of months for those of us on the border line

I too had the so called verbal meeting and was told the same thing. I will not pass up another opportunity to hold out here for the severence. Because of the lack of credible and verifiable information I believe they will pull the rug out from under as many people as possible. I have another job lined up and plan on starting on Jan 5. I would like to hold out for the severence but I cant afford to pass up on an opportunity for the unknown.

I would take the job to I know several people they told this week that the severance was no longer avalible.

I would take the job to I know several people they told this week that the severance was no longer avalible.

Thats exactly what I plan to do. I will do my road test this Fri. then I pee in the cup. Then hopefully next week I give my 2 week notice. This place has waaaaaaayyyyyy too much drama for me.

Thanks everyone for the replies. But, when is the severence paperwork deadline? January 14th? Im gonna be pissed off if I have missed this due to lack of communication.

I'm not losing my job, but I signed up for the voluntary severance pay to make room for someone else. They told me I'll find out Jan 14th if I'll get it. If I do, then Jan. 30th will be my last day. TP

TP, Although I'm sure their are other factors involved in your decision, I commend you for your decision on helping the next guy. Good Luck to you in the future Sir....